Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 04:18 PM   #106
Hey Yo
5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: MJ's 1989 vs. Lebron's 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
No, shitting on your teammates and owner is what Lebron did to Cleveland. Then he only went 2/4 in Miami.

What a joke
LeBron left as a UFA......MJ quit right in the middle of his contract

Quote:
Now go show me one legitimate list where MJ isn't > Russel. Your little opinion that MJ leaving has any impact on him being ranked as GOAT is laughable.

We'll wait while you try and back peddle your way out of this.
I never said Russell was better. You said no one can stack up to MJ's 6 rings in 6 Finals.

I said Russell got 8 in 8 finals, but Bill got his in consecutive years to where MJ needed to quit for a few years in between his titles.

By your criteria .....Bill > MJ
Old 03-07-2016, 04:36 PM   #107
HoopologyPhD
Banned

3Ball is Jeff...
Old 03-07-2016, 06:17 PM   #108
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Yo
LeBron left as a UFA......MJ quit right in the middle of his contract

I never said Russell was better. You said no one can stack up to MJ's 6 rings in 6 Finals.

I said Russell got 8 in 8 finals, but Bill got his in consecutive years to where MJ needed to quit for a few years in between his titles.

By your criteria .....Bill > MJ

I think you need to look up the direction of "quit"

Example- lebron quit on Cleveland in the 2010 ECSF
Jordan retired after a 3-peat
Old 03-07-2016, 06:39 PM   #109
Nilocon165
NBA rookie of the year

Enjoy the ban 3ball
Old 03-07-2016, 06:44 PM   #110
Hey Yo
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
I think you need to look up the direction of "quit"

Example- lebron quit on Cleveland in the 2010 ECSF
Jordan retired after a 3-peat
LeBron put up 27-19-10 in a must win playoff game = quitting??

Retirement doesn't = taking 17mos. off, then coming back. It's called quitting in the middle of your contract and then coming back.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:46 PM   #111
ShawkFactory
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

Retirement doesn't = taking 17mos. off, then coming back. It's called quitting in the middle of your contract and then coming back.
Dude, stop bringing up the numbers like a fvckface.

You were watching when that happened (I guess..?), and you couldn't see that lebron just had an amazing disconnect after game 3?

They were up 2-1 and lebron was dominating. All of a sudden..not so much
Old 03-07-2016, 07:28 PM   #112
kshutts1
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
You made this topic already:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=383377

And im in that topic pointing out that you had already done it....

And you have made essentially that first post dozens of times in topics like this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=384304&page=3

and

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=380339&page=9

and

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=386300&page=3

and

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=396448&page=2
And im not exaggerating for emphasis. Its dozens of times. If you look for how many times you said "Added enough help" it leads to dozens of times you made this same argument. No less than 3 dozen times...and you repeat yourself over and over in each argument. Meaning you have essentially done this....100 times or more.

When you have nothing left to say....saying nothing is an option. Also....finding new subjects. Also a viable option.

Repeating yourself thousands of times is....less advised. Im sure everyone has fundamentally repeated the same points at times. Lots of times even. You are word for word posting copies of whole points and making new topics to do it again and again and again. And you wonder why forums get rid of you? Have you any idea how many requests we get to ban you forever?

Just....try....to think of a somewhat fresh idea when you make a new topic. Somewhat. Just like...not totally rotten beyond all reason.

You are pulling topics out from behind the couch like Homer and that big sandwich.

We cant just watch you kill yourself

This deserves to be in the ISH Slays thread
Old 03-07-2016, 10:16 PM   #113
Pushxx
Out here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cheese
dude is already infesting other forums with his nonsense.

http://www.basketballforum.com/nba-f...bron-ball.html

http://www.basketballforum.com/nba-f...defenders.html

http://www.basketballforum.com/nba-f...rive-kick.html

this guy is a psycho. Please dont ever unban this guy

Old 03-07-2016, 11:16 PM   #114
Straight_Ballin
3/8 is real

Quote:

And when MJ came back, he brought the city of Chicago 3 more rings.

Lebron came back, and Cleveland has won ZERO rings and he will never bring a ring to Cleveland.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:19 AM   #115
sportjames23
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cheese
dude is already infesting other forums with his nonsense.

http://www.basketballforum.com/nba-f...bron-ball.html

http://www.basketballforum.com/nba-f...defenders.html

http://www.basketballforum.com/nba-f...rive-kick.html

this guy is a psycho. Please dont ever unban this guy

Damn, they have a stickied MJ/Kobe/Lebron thread there. Haven't some here been calling for a thread like that?
Old 03-08-2016, 12:22 AM   #116
Straight_Ballin
3/8 is real

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
Damn, they have a stickied MJ/Kobe/Lebron thread there. Haven't some here been calling for a thread like that?

All this site needs is a search feature. If it had that, there wouldn't be duplicate threads of the same shit. More threads of the same shit means more activity, so Jeff dropped the search feature.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:47 AM   #117
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
So let me get this straight..... Lebron era generation who can't accept the fact that the man of their era was inferior to MJ are melting down and PM'ing you because their stupidity in the matter is causing 3ball to have to reiterate himself to get the same point across. Maybe if they understood even the most simplest, basic concepts they'd understand that MJ > Lebron, and stop refuting it, and that would enable 3ball to have to stop posting about it.

This is a simple cause/effect relationship.

Maybe it's just coincidence that those on this board who saw both MJ and Lebron play live clearly know who the better player is, as apposed to these 15-20 year olds who don't know any better and complain that they had to drop out of HS because they got bullied too much.

3ball helps to keep these 15-20 lebron stans that don't know shit in check and makes them squirm to the point where they run to you.

3ball is not the problem, the posters who don't understand that MJ > Lebron are the root of the problem. Get rid of them and your problem is solved. Simple solution to a simple problem.

No, it is you that can't comprehend simple things. Just because something appears complex in nature to you, doesn't mean it's complex for those who are of greater intelligence than you. Such is the difference between someone like myself that has forgotten more concepts than you currently know.

Next time think before you post... or don't and continue to make arbitrary claims without any backing to support them.

The guy I watched live from my era dominated his competition in the finals and went 6/6.

The guy that the bran lovers watched live got his ass handed to him and went 2/6.

It really is that simple.

It must really suck for these bran lover types once such simple realities set in... all that time they spent arguing with their betters (just wait till next year!!!!) only to come up short.

Most of them gave up hope and now stan Curry. What more can they really do? It's rather quite pathetic if you ask me.

I would be interested in getting the contact information from these so called "mods" at this site. They clearly don't realize that they are just making themselves look more uneducated by banning those who tell them MJ is GOAT.

It's just ridiculous to compare a guy who jumps teams to chase rings and makes a fool out of himself in doing so by coming up short in the process with a 2/6 finals record to someone like GOAT MJ.

If these people can't grasp such simple concepts as it applies to the sport of basketball, how can anyone expect them to grasp simple concepts that they encounter in their everyday lives? How can anyone expect them to ever amount to anything? I live very comfortably in today's ever challenging world and I attribute that to being able to discern fact from fiction.

The irony is that people are running to mods on this site to complain about posts from someone that is trying to properly educate them in the first place! That's how mentally challenged they are! They don't even realize they are getting educated and that the education has to be geared in such a way that it comes off as spamming, when really 3ball has no choice to use such a technique because all other efforts have failed. It's difficult to educate the willingly ignorant.

6/6 is a big enough sample size to conclude that if MJ has a team good enough to get him to the finals, that he CANNOT lose. This simply cannot be refuted and there's no other player in the history of the game that you can say this about without 100% certainty because either there's not a big enough sample size, or they have lost in the finals at one point or another.

How blessed are these 20 year olds to be able to hear the testimonies of those who watched MJ play live?! Their kids will be so much less fortunate. Wtf are they gonna tell their kids? "ya... we watched a guy go 2/7 in the finals"

The little kid is liable to go off the rails and slap his father across the fucking face for even mentioning such a shitty finals record to him.

What's sad is that the man of your generation is 2/6. Go cry about it to other 15-20 year olds. Misery loves company.

I meant no other player who AS THE MAN went undefeated in the finals with a large sample size. Why do you think I didn't mention Pippen in my statement?

Nope, I'm not even as old as Kobe. I only post on here on average of 4 times per day (check my profile), as a man of my 6 figure salary doesn't have the luxury and the free time of a college student. People like me don't make mistakes. We can't afford to because it means 1000's of jobs could potentially be lost. Yet here you are trying to argue with such a high level individual.

As I have stated in the past, it's not my problem that hat the man of your generation is 2/6. Go cry about it elsewhere because those who watched MJ live have no more sympathy left to hand out.

It's not anywhere as impressive to what MJ did.

The man of your generation is 2/6. The man of mine is 6/6, and that is why you will forever hold the L. It's that simple.

Arbitrary claims without any backing to support them. Thanks for strengthening what I already said about you.

Wrong, his wins are not as impressive as MJ's and it's well documented. In addition to having fewer teams, there were fewer playoff rounds and the top teams (like the Celtics) often got first round byes. Whereas Jordan had to win 15 playoff games to win a title (and often play upwards of 20 games or more), Russell played between 10 and 14 games to win each of his first eight championships.

By playing fewer postseason games, combined with shorter NBA seasons, this gave Russell a distinct advantage in durability over Jordan in accumulating wear and tear.

Russellís teams also were stacked with future Hall of Famers and All-Stars, including John Havlicek, Bob Cousy, Sam Jones, Tom Heinsohn, KC Jones, and Bill Sharman. The Celtics teams had far superior talent overall than any other team during his era. And despite all of this talent, Boston barely beat the Lakers in three separate finals, each in seven games.

MJ winning 3 in a row, leaving, and then winning another 3 is just simply more impressive than What Russel did when you take the context above into account. Good effort, but never argue against the GOAT MJ.

Afraid was it?
He was bored and felt unchallenged, so he left. When things started looking more challenging, he came back and repeated what he did the first time, and then left again. That's called shitting on an entire sport. The result?

GOAT status.

Now show me one legitimate top 10 listing that has Russel above MJ.
When I picture an NBA fan like yourself from the bron era I see and individual that is stuck on shore, looking out to sea for a ship that set sail long ago, pondering what it might have been like to be aboard such greatness.

No, shitting on your teammates and owner is what Lebron did to Cleveland. Then he only went 2/4 in Miami.

What a joke

Now go show me one legitimate list where MJ isnt > Russel. Your little opinion that MJ leaving has any impact on him being ranked as GOAT is laughable.

Well wait while you try and back peddle your way out of this.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:48 AM   #118
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
The general of the Jordan army isn't going anywhere.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=400692

Regarding MJ, nothing is definitive but here's all you need to know. Feel free to share these links with your brother so that he can discuss them with you.

SLAM 500 Greatest NBA Players of All Time | Basketball-Reference.com
Top 50 Greatest NBA Players Of All-Time: Where Jordan, Kobe, LeBron And Bird Land On The Basketball List
Today’s sports post: The top 50 NBA players of all time [With Comment by John] | Power Line
The 10 Greatest Basketball Players of All Time | Britannica.com
50 Greatest NBA Players of All Time

If there is a reputable top 10 list that doesn't contain MJ in the #1 spot, I'd certainly love to see it. Jordan is not definitive, but until someone else takes his spot as the general consensus, the opinion of the majority is nothing to take lightly.

When I read the opinions about myself from a random person on an internet message board filled with trolls and then compare it to the real world perception of myself, I can't help but just laugh. I have a hard time believing that you actually think I care about how this user name is perceived on a basketball forum filled with trolls. Chose to go the other way? Your damn right I did. Someone like myself who wakes up happy and goes to bed happy every single day has the ability to do so. Obviously if Jeff wanted this to be a site about serious basketball discussion, he would not allow some 20 year old to have 20+ accounts and talk to himself on a daily basis on here. I find this absolutely hilarious and I support Jeff's decision. You're living in a dream world if you think this board will ever revert back to what it once was. Now if you want to have an intelligent conversation about basketball on a different message board, I'd be happy to accommodate you but this place is not the setting for such conversations.

If you are going to make a baseless claim, at least do some research on what you are claiming. First of all, I think there is maybe 3-4 threads out of all my posts where I even mention these "constant reminders" that you refer to, and those post were to prove a point. Someone who is insecure would be constantly mentioning it, which isn't the case. You are confusing other posters accusations as my stories. Trust me when I tell you that I'm quite content, and this troll message board where I post a mere 4 posts per day is being taken wayyyyy to seriously by posters like yourself that think this place is anything more than that.

Why are you letting 3ball live in your mind rent free? Did you seriously just go looking on google for his posts on other message boards and take the time to post those links here?

And when MJ came back, he brought the city of Chicago 3 more rings.

Lebron came back, and Cleveland has won ZERO rings and he will never bring a ring to Cleveland.

All this site needs is a search feature. If it had that, there wouldn't be duplicate threads of the same shit. More threads of the same shit means more activity, so Jeff dropped the search feature.

Slurping the dude who slurps MJ. The next level of stanning.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:37 AM   #119
LakersForlife
Local High School Star

ill take brian(white mamba) over this 2 bums
Old 03-08-2016, 09:42 AM   #120
mehyaM24
College star

tossup

i would probably take lebron though. higher efficiency (PER) and played with worse teammates while putting up slightly better all-around, RAW numbers.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:

Closed Thread