Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-01-2019, 03:02 AM   #16
qrich
King Heno

Default Re: Ramadan 2019

Have fun non-pork eaters.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 03:04 AM   #17
Celtics 1825
Kylie Irving

**** that, especially during this time of year when the days are longer. No way I'm going 15 hours without a damn meal.
Celtics 1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:54 AM   #18
Rolando
Local High School Star

I can imagine that this is a fairly good time for people in the Middle East where it is getting to be really hot during the days. Everyone basically doing 24hr fasts and having one huge meal per day in the cool of the evening. It probably is an excellent way to keep communities bonded together....That's what I imagine anyway.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:06 AM   #19
Bosnian Sajo
Why?

No offense to OP or imdaman, but yall are more naive than the people responding. You KNOW this will be a thread filled with hate...if you're truly to fast ramadan, also start by fasting from negativity. Get away from here.

Ramadan Mubarak.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:11 AM   #20
Derka
Wicked F*ckin Retahded

Watching two groups of socially retarded nitwits try to trigger each other in internet threads is always fun.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:57 PM   #21
red1
raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
No offense to OP or imdaman, but yall are more naive than the people responding. You KNOW this will be a thread filled with hate...if you're truly to fast ramadan, also start by fasting from negativity. Get away from here.

Ramadan Mubarak.
jefferson munnies is straight up aggressive and abrasive with his views - he's the real triggerer.

ramadan mubarak.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 01:04 PM   #22
highwhey
que miras puto

Quote:

Ramadan Mubarak.
i have to agree with this. i understand OP has good intentions, but there is way too much negativity on this forum.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 03:37 PM   #23
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
i have to agree with this. i understand OP has good intentions, but there is way too much negativity on this forum.

OP has good intentions? really?
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:59 PM   #24
JEFFERSON MONEY
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
I don’t understand why you’re so into this story but you hate on ppl that are into the avengers and the MCU. Everyone has their preference, I don’t judge your choice of fantasy

1) By the way mac, I never "hated on people" who dug MCU. I stated that those people's time and attention were far too valuable to be wasted on trivial entertainment---that's not hating on a person at all. Wouldn't you tell your younger brother to stop fooling around and get serious if you wanted him to succeed in life? You struggled hard to get to where you are at, man, a lot of the young kids don't know that struggle. I know you to be an honest person, mac. I feel sad that you misrepresented what I said.

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 05-01-2019 at 11:14 PM.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:00 PM   #25
JEFFERSON MONEY
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Love the concept of this. I wish I can do it. If I miss breakfast my stomach is attacking.

Like all things in life, it' takes a gradual degree of training.

In the same way we built our stamina for studies and working out, so too we can train our patience and hunger.

It also helps us to control our own desires, which is great--and gives you leverage over women especially.

Imagine going from an animal succumbing to the little head to an angel having a stronger intellect! Your wife would respect you so much more!

Since you like DBZ, think of the way Goku and Vegeta put in hours in the hyperbolic time chamber, and in the resistance training, putting their bodies to the test in difficult conditions.

Our minds and spirits can be focused on mundane things, but when we take the time to remember The Almighty, we grow in our spiritual connection, getting accustomed to the hunger and thirst pangs. We are more able to take on the trials of life with patience and gratitude and hope.

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 05-01-2019 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:05 PM   #26
JEFFERSON MONEY
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
All that senseless starvation and deprivation makes them angry. Makes them want to blow things up. I know when I haven’t had my coffee and bagel in the morning that I can be unapproachable.

I. Jesus fasted and advised his people to fast as did Moses.

II. Part of the reason people fast is to acquire more self-control---that is being able to harness their impulses/emotions. So we're aiming for the opposite of expressing anger.

III. You are far more capable than you think you are Patrick. You don't need that coffee and bagel. There are other ways to manage one's emotions!

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 05-01-2019 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:05 PM   #27
Smook A.
Red Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
Countdown to bombadon begins

Be on high alert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
Do us all a favor and tell the rest of your cult to also stop drinking water during these 30 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
It also apparently makes them want to fukk goats and donkeys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Anyone care to guess where the first bomb will go off on in Ramadan Bomb-a-thon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by solar.hands
Isnt that how suicide bombing works? You bring the rest with you down. Go git your 72 virgins op
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Thread has not disappointed at all.
What the **** is wrong with you guys? Im not even Muslim but damn, have some heart. How the hell do you guys live with yourselves if you're gonna talk like that? So much negativity.
Smook A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:10 PM   #28
JEFFERSON MONEY
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

Ramadan Mubarak.

Doesn't matter if there is negativity. To truly reach our spiritual potential we must be willing to endure attacks patiently, and on top of that forgive and forgive some more.

We are instructed to repel evil with good.

And though the people of ISH and us may not see eye to eye---we both respect discipline-- a trait necessary for man to achieve anything.

I highly recommend people engage in fasting even if they may not be religious---since it can be a perfect time to lose bad habits (like smoking and alcohol and cursing.)

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 05-01-2019 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:10 PM   #29
Smook A.
Red Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
I donít understand why youíre so into this story but you hate on ppl that are into the avengers and the MCU. Everyone has their preference, I donít judge your choice of fantasy
J-Money is cool and all but I didn't get that either. Everyone needs some sort of entertainment in their lives, so not sure why he was against people "wasting their time" over watching Endgame.
Smook A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:13 PM   #30
Smoke117
Steve the Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smook A.
What the **** is wrong with you guys? Im not even Muslim but damn, have some heart. How the hell do you guys live with yourselves if you're gonna talk like that? So much negativity.

Look at this white knight bleeding heart. OP is an idiot who consistently makes awful post here. Fukk him. This is also ISH...stop taking things so seriously. Who the hell actually comes here to post in a serious manner? If you are then I just pity you.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: