Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-14-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
highwhey
que miras puto

Default signed up for a trial service

this company offering leads for my business, anyhow, they turned out to be utter sh1t and the terms are the 1st month is free. you have to call in to cancel before the 1st month before your card is charged.

they must be running a little scam because i've been trying all their numbers for several days and they go straight to voicemail. i sent an e-mail to all of their departments last week and i haven't received a response. i have 2 weeks before my card is charged.

suggestions?

they do not answer the phone, it goes straight to voicemail. i've left numerous voicemails.

funny bc when i signed up i provided them my number on their website and they called me within 30 minutes. i tried doing the same to solicit another call but i only have 1 phone # so they must have flagged it.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:08 PM   #2
NBAGOAT
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: signed up for a trial service

this is why you use a blank credit card for trials. Calling to cancel really does sound suspicious, any trials i've seen can be cancelled online. For now, maybe go the bank and ask for advice
NBAGOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:11 PM   #3
red1
raptors

you can reverse a charge with your bank by declaring it as fraud. you'll have to get a new card and number but it's an easy process.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:12 PM   #4
red1
raptors

or you can just find these scumbags and knock them out.

both methods work equally well.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:15 PM   #5
highwhey
que miras puto

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
this is why you use a blank credit card for trials. Calling to cancel really does sound suspicious, any trials i've seen can be cancelled online. For now, maybe go the bank and ask for advice
their contract has a "$50 collection charge" in case the payment bounces, so they will send me to collections.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:16 PM   #6
highwhey
que miras puto

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
you can reverse a charge with your bank by declaring it as fraud. you'll have to get a new card and number but it's an easy process.
i was thinking of just calling my bank but as i said before, they will just send me to collections if my cc bounces payment.

and they are several states away otherwise i'd go in person to deliver a formal cancellation letter.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:20 PM   #7
red1
raptors

that's shady as fuck. they're obviously giving you the run around. try calling them from another phone.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:27 PM   #8
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
i was thinking of just calling my bank but as i said before, they will just send me to collections if my cc bounces payment.

and they are several states away otherwise i'd go in person to deliver a formal cancellation letter.
Did you give them your social security number? If not, they can't really impact you. Keep a phone call log and any email for any legal reasons, doubt it will go that far.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:37 PM   #9
highwhey
que miras puto

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Did you give them your social security number? If not, they can't really impact you. Keep a phone call log and any email for any legal reasons, doubt it will go that far.
no i did not. i wish i would have read their yelp reviews prior to signing up. there's plenty of these companies that are legitimate tho, this one happens to be shady.

i e-mailed a consumer law attorney.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:46 PM   #10
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
no i did not. i wish i would have read their yelp reviews prior to signing up. there's plenty of these companies that are legitimate tho, this one happens to be shady.

i e-mailed a consumer law attorney.
They can't do anything, just empty threats. Stay firm, tell them you have records of cancellation request. Report it to better business bureau. Keep records. Done.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: