Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-15-2019, 06:02 PM   #16
BigShotBob
Local High School Star

Default Re: Warriors 28-1 in last 29 games when Curry plays and Durant does not

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
Just about every single one of these games is without Curry and with Durant. Green missed a couple more last year and thats it.

Stop trying to convince yourself, dummie

There's obviously more that goes into it. What teams did they face, when did they play, and again, how many of those games are Curry without either Klay and Dray, or without Klay and just Dray? Or without Iggy and Dray and just Klay?

I'm not knocking him but we need to call a spade a spade. Most of these stats are disingenuous and it's just to spark a debate that's not worth mentioning.
BigShotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:06 PM   #17
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShotBob
There's obviously more that goes into it. What teams did they face, when did they play, and again, how many of those games are Curry without either Klay and Dray, or without Klay and just Dray? Or without Iggy and Dray and just Klay?

I'm not knocking him but we need to call a spade a spade. Most of these stats are disingenuous and it's just to spark a debate that's not worth mentioning.
Translation is you get triggered because the stats don't support your hero. You've been melting down like a 12 year old child since last night's result, it's embarrassing.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:08 PM   #18
Stephonit
Made that high school varsity squad

Many of the games included in this 28-1 run are impressive. It includes the what should become legendary end of the regular season streak in 2017 which saw Steph face most of the 2017 MVP candidates on their home courts. Stopped the Bucks who were on an 6-0 run. Embarrassed Westbrook. Beat the playoffs bound Grizzlies. Bested Harden. Took Kawhi and the Spurs's souls. Busted Harden again. Then skipped merrily into the finals on what would be their record 16-1 run.

Also includes what are now 3 playoffs games against the Trail Blazers and of course the game 6 victory against the Rockets.

Last edited by Stephonit : 05-15-2019 at 06:12 PM.
Stephonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #19
BigShotBob
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
Translation is you get triggered because the stats don't support your hero. You've been melting down like a 12 year old child since last night's result, it's embarrassing.

???

You must have me confused with someone else, sorry. I just like to tell it how it is.

Durant is the best player in the world, and his team winning against the Blazers or the god awful Rockets without him doesn't change any of that.

Lebron stans and Curry stans (for some reason) are crawling out of the woodwork to attack and disaparage an all-time great. It's asinine. You can like Curry and Durant at the same time. I do. But that doesn't mean you spew dishonest rhetoric to favor one or the other.

28-1 without Durant? Cool.

Durant has outplayed Curry in their last 2 Finals for 2 Finals MVPs.

Curry melted down on the road so bad in a single game that Durant won it literally off of one game, even after he tried to force feed him the ball in game 4.

So what? It doesn't make Curry any worse, it just shows you the types of players that they are. KD is the best player, but Curry is the most important for the team because the team was built for him, not KD.

KD has never been apart of a team that was built for him. Closest would have been the 2016 Thunder. Replace Westbrook with a player like Kyrie and that would have been a championship.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:18 PM   #20
Stephonit
Made that high school varsity squad

Quote:
???

You must have me confused with someone else, sorry. I just like to tell it how it is.

Durant is the best player in the world, and his team winning against the Blazers or the god awful Rockets without him doesn't change any of that.

Lebron stans and Curry stans (for some reason) are crawling out of the woodwork to attack and disaparage an all-time great. It's asinine. You can like Curry and Durant at the same time. I do. But that doesn't mean you spew dishonest rhetoric to favor one or the other.

Curry melted down on the road so bad in a single game that Durant won it literally off of one game, even after he tried to force feed him the ball in game 4.

So what? It doesn't make Curry any worse, it just shows you the types of players that they are. KD is the best player, but Curry is the most important for the team because the team was built for him, not KD.

KD has never been apart of a team that was built for him. Closest would have been the 2016 Thunder. Replace Westbrook with a player like Kyrie and that would have been a championship.

KD is more consistent but Steph when he is on wins games more decisively. A consistent KD loses more often than a decisive Steph and Steph is decisive often enough that his winning record is better.

FMVP voters have appreciated KD's consistency more than Steph's decisive impact. But if you step back to look at the overall picture I think one would conclude Steph's decisive impact is more valuable e.g. 2016 Western Conference Finals.
Stephonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:19 PM   #21
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
???

I literally haven't said anything negative about KD you idiot. I'm just saying you're acting like a pathetic stan which this website is filled with them, and no I didn't confused you with anyone. I picked as the insecure sad dude that's been posting and trying to lower Warriors/Steph's impact.

And to call Rockets awful is laughable. The same team that was 2-2 at the Oracle tied up when KD went down nearly at the end of the 3rd quarter. Took 7 games to beat them the previous year. Anybody who thinks the Rockets are a bad team if they're not trolling is either on a mission to downplay them for a specific reason or just flat out stupid.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:20 PM   #22
RRR3
L3gacy

How does having a wheelchair make you a loser?

Warriorsfan is an idiot.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:22 PM   #23
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephonit
Many of the games included in this 28-1 run are impressive. It includes the what should become legendary end of the regular season streak in 2017 which saw Steph face most of the 2017 MVP candidates on their home courts. Stopped the Bucks who were on an 6-0 run. Embarrassed Westbrook. Beat the playoffs bound Grizzlies. Bested Harden. Took Kawhi and the Spurs's souls. Busted Harden again. Then skipped merrily into the finals on what would be their record 16-1 run.

Also includes what are now 3 playoffs games against the Trail Blazers and of course the game 6 victory against the Rockets.

Honestly the strength of schedule doesn't even matter. Going on a now 29-1 run is insanely good.

The way you hear moronic KD stans talk...it is as if going 29-1 in any 30 game stretch is common.

Seriously, how many teams in NBA history have ever had a 29-1....30 game run? It has to be insanely small.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:27 PM   #24
Hey Yo
5-time NBA All-Star

What's GS record in the postseason w/o Curry?
Hey Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:29 PM   #25
TheCorporation
I go HAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Yo
What's GS record in the postseason w/o Curry?

Yikes...
TheCorporation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:39 PM   #26
NBAGOAT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

this should be a bit better courtesy of backpicks at least at looking at the warriors without curry. I think the net team rating stat is pretty solid. http://www.backpicks.com/wp-content/...MVPs-11-18.png

You have a point but keep in mind there are curry/durant games where klay and/or dray dont play so it's not all one-sided against kd.
NBAGOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:28 PM   #27
Ben Simmons 25
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverness
Can you name some players you think they should go after if/when he leaves for free agency?

I haven't looked at their cap situation but I'm assuming they're tapped regardless of Durant, which sucks...

Here's the thing... I'm not even going to pretend to know what kind of deals guys are going to get headed into the summer because that's not something I keep track of any longer. As such, it's basically impossible for me to give you a plausible scenario as to how they could fill out their depth... but I mean... if I were them, I'd be looking at the following guys that are free agents this summer...

Try and hold on to Looney...

Then...

Patrick Beverly
Gerald Green (despite being a bonehead)
Trevor Ariza
Rudy Gay
Khris Middleton (guessing they can't afford him lol)
Terrence Ross

I'm not saying these guys are affordable or that they'd necessarily be great fits, but this would be the list of people I'd be really looking closely at, in my ever so humble opinion.

It's been quite a few years since I've had my brain in GM mode to the depth required to give you a good enough answer to this post. Over a decade, in fact. But yeah... that's the best I can do off the top of my head.
Ben Simmons 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:01 PM   #28
BigShotBob
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephonit
KD is more consistent but Steph when he is on wins games more decisively. A consistent KD loses more often than a decisive Steph and Steph is decisive often enough that his winning record is better.

FMVP voters have appreciated KD's consistency more than Steph's decisive impact. But if you step back to look at the overall picture I think one would conclude Steph's decisive impact is more valuable.

Steph's impact is more valuable. I will never argue against that. I just think that Durant is the better player. And that's hard to disagree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
I literally haven't said anything negative about KD you idiot. I'm just saying you're acting like a pathetic stan which this website is filled with them, and no I didn't confused you with anyone. I picked as the insecure sad dude that's been posting and trying to lower Warriors/Steph's impact.

And to call Rockets awful is laughable. The same team that was 2-2 at the Oracle tied up when KD went down nearly at the end of the 3rd quarter. Took 7 games to beat them the previous year. Anybody who thinks the Rockets are a bad team if they're not trolling is either on a mission to downplay them for a specific reason or just flat out stupid.

I just want you to know that I have no idea who you are, or what you are talking about or who you are actually trying to talk to. Because I know for sure that it isn't me.

Again, you must have me confused with someone else.

My favorite players in the league right now are KD, Kawhi, and Kyrie.

I will go to bat for any of these players and I don't diminish other players while doing so.

Again, you must have me confused with someone else.

I don't know what your deal is but you're going to learn to watch your mouth for one. I promise you that you would watch your tone if you were face to face with me, so don't switch up now. I never accused you of hating on Durant, but you know the ones that are doing it. Obviously my post didn't apply to you if you are claiming that you haven't done it you special ed reject.

The Rockets are choke artists. You can site their best year all you want, but they took a definitive step back this year. That cannot be argued.

Watch the tape in game 6. Their defense and effort was embarrassing. From a pure performance standpoint they were lackluster at best. On paper they could have and should have done better given the circumstances, but they didn't.

Don't you ever step to me like you know me. This isn't "tough guy" talk. This is a respect thing. Keep it civil.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:34 PM   #29
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
No KD? No problem
Wow, who would've guessed? A 73 win team before Durant, and still a good team when he leaves? Wow...I'm so bamboozald.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:03 PM   #30
Bankaii
Trust the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
They currently need him for the depth he provides. They'd be a better team with 2 solid role players in his place, imo.

The Warriors would be a far better team if he came off the bench, despite him being clearly their 2nd best player.
What you said earlier was ok.
But this is flat out retarded.
Bankaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: