Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2019, 02:56 PM   #46
tontoz
Very good NBA starter
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,460
Default Re: GSW is #1 due to the best 3-pt shooters - don't act like they're the best ballplayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
Houston loses because they play a shit brand where one guy holds the ball for 10 minutes a game, literally... and they're last in team assists

So there's always exceptions, but the rule is clear:

Today's game is a 3-pt contest where the best 3-pt shooters will win - that's the Warriors, even though other teams have better actual basketball players


But that doesn't fit with Pops quote. If his quote was accurate then you wouldn't have to keep coming up with excuses.

Only 24 of their 110 points came from 3s last game and they still won.

Curry and Klay actually move without the ball. If they pass the ball, they immediately start running trying to get open.

Who else on their team is a threat from 3?

Iggy 33%
Green 28.5%
Bogut
Looney
Livingston
Bell

Those are the guys playing the most minutes.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:00 PM   #47
3ball
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 20,904
Default Re: GSW is #1 due to the best 3-pt shooters - don't act like they're the best ballplayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
But that doesn't fit with Pops quote. If his quote was accurate then you wouldn't have to keep coming up with excuses.

Only 24 of their 110 points came from 3s last game and they still won.

Curry and Klay actually move without the ball. If they pass the ball, they immediately start running trying to get open.

Who else on their team is a threat from 3?

Iggy 33%
Green 28.5%
Bogut
Looney
Livingston
Bell

Those are the guys playing the most minutes.
GSW has the best 3-pt shooters ever (curry/klay) - the threat of the best 3-pt shooters drives their offense and opens up OTHER things for them

So Houston lost by having to defend the Warriors' goat three-point threats, and gave up other stuff as a result

But in addition to giving up things to defend GSW's threes, Houston also lost because they play a shit brand where one guy holds the ball for 10 minutes a game, literally... and they're last in team assists

So there's always exceptions, but the rule is clear:

Today's game is a 3-pt contest where the best 3-pt shooters will win - that's the Warriors, even though other teams have better actual basketball players
3ball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:00 PM   #48
tpols
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 23,858
Default Re: GSW is #1 due to the best 3-pt shooters - don't act like they're the best ballplayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
But that doesn't fit with Pops quote. If his quote was accurate then you wouldn't have to keep coming up with excuses.

Only 24 of their 110 points came from 3s last game and they still won.

Curry and Klay actually move without the ball. If they pass the ball, they immediately start running trying to get open.

Who else on their team is a threat from 3?

Iggy 33%
Green 28.5%
Bogut
Looney
Livingston
Bell

Those are the guys playing the most minutes.


Amazing.

This thread should open peoples eyes...

This team is an awful, awful shooting team outside of Chef and klay.

Horrible.

And every team they have beaten.. has made MORE 3's than they have.

tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:01 PM   #49
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
NBA Superstar
 
kuniva_dAMiGhTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14,928
Default Re: GSW is #1 due to the best 3-pt shooters - don't act like they're the best ballplayers

Even if the Warriors spammed threes (they dont - and compared to the Rockets they sure as hell DONT) at least they have the personnel who can shoot.

Other teams trying to BE THEM? That's the problem.

The 3PT shot has been around since 19-fukking-80. Hating on Golden State simply because they're better at shooting them...is pure idiocy.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:04 PM   #50
sd3035
Impartial NBA analyst
 
sd3035's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7,738
Default Re: GSW is #1 due to the best 3-pt shooters - don't act like they're the best ballplayers

Curry, Wilt, and Shaq

Most impactful players of all time
sd3035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:06 PM   #51
3ball
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 20,904
Default Re: GSW is #1 due to the best 3-pt shooters - don't act like they're the best ballplayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Even if the Warriors spammed threes (they dont - and compared to the Rockets they sure as hell DONT) at least they have the personnel who can shoot.

Other teams trying to BE THEM? That's the problem. The 3PT shot has been around since 19-fukking-80.

Hating on Golden State simply because they're better at shooting threes...is pure idiocy.

If their 3-pt prowess is the only reason they're the best, then it isn't "hate" because they aren't actually great at basketball, only threes

And that's Popovich's and my point - today's game is a 3-pt contest where the best 3-pt shooters will win - that's the Warriors, even though other teams have better actual basketball players
3ball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:08 PM   #52
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted
 
bigkingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 1 NBA Championship*
Posts: 20,401
Default Re: GSW is #1 due to the best 3-pt shooters - don't act like they're the best ballplayers

The team that scores more point will win.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:08 PM   #53
Walk on Water
Local High School Star
 
Walk on Water's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,479
Default Re: GSW is #1 due to the best 3-pt shooters - don't act like they're the best ballplayers

But what if there was no such thing as a home run in baseball?
Walk on Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:11 PM   #54
tontoz
Very good NBA starter
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,460
Default Re: GSW is #1 due to the best 3-pt shooters - don't act like they're the best ballplayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
GSW has the best 3-pt shooters ever (curry/klay) - the threat of the best 3-pt shooters drives their offense and opens up OTHER things for them

So Houston lost by having to defend the Warriors' goat three-point threats, and gave up other stuff as a result

But in addition to giving up things to defend GSW's threes, Houston also lost because they play a shit brand where one guy holds the ball for 10 minutes a game, literally... and they're last in team assists

So there's always exceptions, but the rule is clear:

Today's game is a 3-pt contest where the best 3-pt shooters will win - that's the Warriors, even though other teams have better actual basketball players


The fact that Klay/Steph move without the ball is what puts pressure on the defense. If they were just stationary spot up shooters then GS would be sitting at home.

Most of their current roster sucks at 3s or doesn't take them at all.

You are just a desperate Jordan ******ger desperately trying to discredit a dynasty.

'3 point shooting is all that matters.... as long as they don't play iso ball....as long as they are all time greats moving without the ball.... as long as it's a full moon on Tuesday....'







tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:13 PM   #55
NBAGOAT
NBA lottery pick
 
NBAGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: North Korea
Posts: 5,948
Default Re: GSW is #1 due to the best 3-pt shooters - don't act like they're the best ballplayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
If their 3-pt prowess is the only reason they're the best, then it isn't "hate" because they aren't actually great at basketball, only threes

And that's Popovich's and my point - today's game is a 3-pt contest where the best 3-pt shooters will win - that's the Warriors, even though other teams have better actual basketball players

Curry and klay are very good at other parts of the game. Klay plays stout defense and has a very nice post and pull up midrange game. Curry is a fantastic passer(easily above average among great volume scorers) and has great touch around the rim with finishes and floaters. You’re acting like these dudes are Kyle korver
NBAGOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:14 PM   #56
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
NBA Superstar
 
kuniva_dAMiGhTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14,928
Default Re: GSW is #1 due to the best 3-pt shooters - don't act like they're the best ballplayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
If their 3-pt prowess is the only reason they're the best, then it isn't "hate" because they aren't actually great at basketball, only threes

And that's Popovich's and my point - today's game is a 3-pt contest where the best 3-pt shooters will win - that's the Warriors, even though other teams have better actual basketball players

Its been around since before you started watching basketball, so who cares?

Your premise is dumb and all you're doing here is throwing shade. Plain and simple.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:16 PM   #57
winwin
Free Kosovo
 
winwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,631
Default Re: GSW is #1 due to the best 3-pt shooters - don't act like they're the best ballplayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
Today's game is a 3-pt shooting contest - the team with the best 3-pt shooters will be #1

So my point is that GSW is #1 because they have the best 3-point shooters, not the best basketball players

Curry is just a system player that is lucky his 3-pt prowess happens to coincide with a 3-pt contest league..

without the 3-pt line, the former Davidson star wouldn't be a prospect, let alone an NBA player.. he only became a prospect when the 3-pt shot became popular
Curry is just a system player. i agree.
every great system needs great players /bulls/lakeshow/spurs.. you agree?

you think curry is not great. i respect that and im sure one day (soon) you'll change your mind
winwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:16 PM   #58
3ball
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 20,904
Default Re: GSW is #1 due to the best 3-pt shooters - don't act like they're the best ballplayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz

The fact that Klay/Steph move without the ball is what puts pressure on the defense.

If they were just stationary spot up shooters then GS would be sitting at home.

Exactly - defending their goat 3-point threat opens up other things in the Warriors' offense

It seems like we agree

Today's game is a 3-pt contest where the best 3-pt shooters will win - that's the Warriors, even though other teams have better actual basketball players

Btw, this isn't my opinion.. it's Popovich's


Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz

If they were just stationary spot up shooters then GS would be sitting at home.

When a player runs off screens, they have to stop to catch-and-shoot the ball

Catch-and-shoots are stationary shots (usually after a lot of movement off screens)
3ball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:18 PM   #59
tontoz
Very good NBA starter
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,460
Default Re: GSW is #1 due to the best 3-pt shooters - don't act like they're the best ballplayers

For the record Curry is 86-91 from the foul line in the playoffs (94.5%) but those points don't really count.

tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:19 PM   #60
3ball
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 20,904
Default Re: GSW is #1 due to the best 3-pt shooters - don't act like they're the best ballplayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by winwin

Curry is just a system player. i agree.

every great system needs great players /bulls/lakeshow/spurs.. you agree?

you think curry is not great. i respect that and im sure one day (soon) you'll change your mind
MJ dropped 37 a game without a system

He wasn't a system player but was skilled enough to fit goat scoring levels into a system so teammates could play to capacity

Curry's situation is different - he's lucky his 3-pt prowess happened to coincide with a 3-pt contest league..

without the 3-pt line, the former Davidson star wouldn't be a prospect, let alone an NBA player.. he only became a prospect when the 3-pt shot became popular
3ball is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy