Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man entropy35's Avatar

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 4 Discussion Thread.

Awesome. Finale should be epic, hopefully someone dies or something really big happens and they don't leave everything for the final season.

How the hell did Gus know that there might be something going on with the car?

How did Walt plant the bomb, when they had a dude waiting in the car park?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Niytrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Jnr
    How did Walt plant the bomb, when they had a dude waiting in the car park?
    Who was waiting? I didn't catch or notice anything like that... I saw both guys go in with him to meet Jesse...

Quote Originally Posted by Kensta
    My initial thought is that Gus didn't poison the kid - but not sure how that will play out thought. If he didn't poison the kid, that would explain his reaction to the car, possibly thinking that it was Walt (or someone else), and that he might be going after everyone.

If he was the one to poison the kid, I can't think of a reasonable explanation other than he just odd about the situation...
    Last edited by Niytrus; 10-03-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niytrus
    Who was waiting? I didn't catch or notice anything like that... I saw both guys go in with him to meet Jesse...
    Ahh.. I thought Tyrus and Gus just went and saw Jesse. I thought the white guy waited in the car park...

The last few episodes were great and I can't wait for the next episode. I really enjoyed the Gus back story it made him far more likable as a character plus he is a gangster mastermind.

Questions after last episode:

1. Who poisoned the kid?
    2. Will Walt be able to retrieve the explosive or will Gus find it?
    3. Will Walt end up ultimately going to Hank if his attempts to get rid Gus fail?
    4. Will Walt's cancer end up playing a role in his final decision? (thinking this has to come into play during the last season)

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Kensta
    Jesse tipped his hand when he actually told Gus that he knows that the kid was poisoned and that he refused to leave the hospital. After realizing this, Gus' rabbit ears rose up.

You have to remember that Gus has been in the game for years and is very calculating and suspicious of everything. So for him to go outside to rethink things because something just didn't seem right is no surprise

Quote Originally Posted by Niytrus
    My initial thought is that Gus didn't poison the kid - but not sure how that will play out thought. If he didn't poison the kid, that would explain his reaction to the car, possibly thinking that it was Walt (or someone else), and that he might be going after everyone.

If he was the one to poison the kid, I can't think of a reasonable explanation other than he just odd about the situation...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    Jesse tipped his hand when he actually told Gus that he knows that the kid was poisoned and that he refused to leave the hospital. After realizing this, Gus' rabbit ears rose up.

You have to remember that Gus has been in the game for years and is very calculating and suspicious of everything. So for him to go outside to rethink things because something just didn't seem right is no surprise
    Both great explainations.

Gus can't be the one poisoning the kid so Jesse will turn against Walter because that's would be a very idiotic plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One

Pretty much. I think Gus is smart enough to realise that if Jesse wasn't up to something he would have reacted the exact same way he reacted when he thought Walt did it, which was to act completely irrationally and try to kill him on the spot. Jesse tries to pull a poker face at the hospital, but he still has a hint of accusing Gus in his voice, which Gus picks up on. Gus realises Jesse may be onto him (And may have potentially gone back to Walt's side) and knowing he's left himself vunreable and out in the open twigs that if it's not a snipers bullet taking him out, the next logical place is the car.

I've seen a lot of people who seem to think that Walt was the one who orchistrated the poisoning to get Jesse to turn against Gus, and had Saul swap out Jesse's cigs (When the big dude frisks him) with the ricen in it. Doesn't explain why Walt would need to steal the ricen off Jesse when he was the one who made the stuff in the first place and Saul, while a scumbag, most likely wouldn't want to be involved in anything that would cause a murder (too much heat for his tastes). I still don't believe that and find Walt's explination to be the most plausible.

Made that high school varsity squad JaskoX1's Avatar

This speculation is worse than Lost. And Lost was constantly forcing conspiracies.

I don't think I've ever been this hyped for a season finale.

I don't get why people think walt would poison the boy. It doesn't make any sense, when would he have done it, and it doesn't fit his behavior over 4 seasons. Remember, he saved Jesse when Jesse was mad over Gus using the kid, and accused Gus of having the kid killed. It doesn't make any sense.