Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: TRADE! Kings trade Omri Casspi, pick to Cavaliers for JJ Hickson

Nice trade for the Kings. Hickson is a throwback bullish pf, of the Buck Williams/Otis Thorpe type.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    not sure this makes either team much better really. hickson's D is below average and awful at times. casspi is okay...he can get hot but can also just check it a lot. anyway, what a difference a little over a year makes. remember when cleveland didn't want to trade for amar'e with hickson in the package. now, he's being traded to casspi straight up. ya, i know there's a first round pick involved but it's lottery protected so everything is speculation there. oops.

the sad thing is that was when Hickson was way more of a question mark. last season he really came into his own, and FINALLY showed signs of consistently playing well and he can be a beast on the boards, plays real big for a PF, actually was playing Center most of last season putting up great numbers against other teams starters. its mind boggling they trade him for peanuts when he is finally growing up. i don't even get 3/4's of Cav's fans reactions thinking it was a decent trade

I personally ike the trade as a Cavaliers fan. I felt they needed to move one of their big men, and with drafting Thompson while having Hickson it made a lot of people go, "What the hell?". Hopefully Thompson can fill in Hickson's role and have a decent rookie season (if there is a season).

I like Casspi. He's not a star or anything like that, but he's a solid SF. In his limited minutes the past two seasons he's pretty much averaged 10/5 in 25 minutes of play. And that's a huge upgrade from Alonzo freakin' Gee. He's also a solid shooter from three. Maybe we'll get lucky and get a top 5 pick next year? You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    not sure this makes either team much better really. hickson's D is below average and awful at times. casspi is okay...he can get hot but can also just check it a lot. anyway, what a difference a little over a year makes. remember when cleveland didn't want to trade for amar'e with hickson in the package. now, he's being traded to casspi straight up. ya, i know there's a first round pick involved but it's lottery protected so everything is speculation there. oops.
    You're talking about two totally different situations though. All I need it to say is pre-LeBron era and post-LeBron era.
    Last edited by Meticode; 07-01-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    the sad thing is that was when Hickson was way more of a question mark. last season he really came into his own, and FINALLY showed signs of consistently playing well and he can be a beast on the boards, plays real big for a PF, actually was playing Center most of last season putting up great numbers against other teams starters. its mind boggling they trade him for peanuts when he is finally growing up. i don't even get 3/4's of Cav's fans reactions thinking it was a decent trade
    The reason we think it's a decent trade is because we felt there was a log-jam at PF with two undersized PFs. When we Thompson got traded we figured, "Well, if it's him we gotta move someone at PF." Plus, I'm all for cutting ties to the LeBron-era anyway.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I personally ike the trade as a Cavaliers fan. I felt they needed to move one of their big men, and with drafting Thompson while having Hickson it made a lot of people go, "What the hell?". Hopefully Thompson can fill in Hickson's role and have a decent rookie season (if there is a season).

I like Casspi. He's not a star or anything like that, but he's a solid SF. In his limited minutes the past two seasons he's pretty much averaged 10/5 in 25 minutes of play. And that's a huge upgrade from Alonzo freakin' Gee. He's also a solid shooter from three. Maybe we'll get lucky and get a top 5 pick next year? You never know.

they could've gotten WAY more value than what they got. i don't think people are giviing JJ enough credit here for how well he played last year, and the huge jump forward he took. a lot seem to be judging him on prior years where he was still considered arguably a bust. he was on another level of play last year and what really is puzzling is they were waiting for a long time for him to get it, he finally does, and then they trade him for peanuts.

they didn't even HAVE to draft Tristan there but granted they did which again is on them if he doesn't end up the player JJ becomes, or better.

imo they should've just held on to him next year then try to trade him for better value. its not like they're in a rush more than rebuilding. i'd be shocked if the Cav's don't look stupid in hindsight from this trade.

And if we get reaaaaally lucky, Kings get to the first round playoffs next season.

they could've gotten WAY more value than what they got. i don't think people are giviing JJ enough credit here for how well he played last year, and the huge jump forward he took. a lot seem to be judging him on prior years where he was still considered arguably a bust. he was on another level of play last year and what really is puzzling is they were waiting for a long time for him to get it, he finally does, and then they trade him for peanuts.

they didn't even HAVE to draft Tristan there but granted they did which again is on them if he doesn't end up the player JJ becomes, or better.

imo they should've just held on to him next year then try to trade him for better value. its not like they're in a rush more than rebuilding. i'd be shocked if the Cav's don't look stupid in hindsight from this trade.
    If you look stupid, then you look stupid. It really can't get much worse than last season for the Cavaliers.

NBA Superstar

The reason we think it's a decent trade is because we felt there was a log-jam at PF with two undersized PFs. When we Thompson got traded we figured, "Well, if it's him we gotta move someone at PF." Plus, I'm all for cutting ties to the LeBron-era anyway.

yeah but thats the logjam they created. in essence they chose Tristan over JJ, when they could've very easily drafted someone at any other position with the #4 pick. its not like Tristan was a no brainer forced pick there. they created that dilemma...but i guess they think Tristan will end up better than JJ and i guess they'll face the backlash if things don't pan out with these bold moves(especially the Kings trade).

i'm not hating on the Tristan pick nearly as much as the Sac trade. i had JJ on my fantasy team last year and i watched the Cav's a lot, in fact i sort of became fans of them since they were such underdogs every game, and JJ is WAY better than a lot of people are giving him credit for. he was a beast on the boards, was really good when his J was on, and seriously beasted.

whats done is done. i guess it just amounts to seeing what happens...

oh and yeah i definitely don't blame you for wanting to clean house from the Lebron era. i'll never forgive Mo and a lot of the previous lebron teammates still on the Cav's for how sorry they played when they played Miami that first game. its way worse that they're always giving Lebron crazy respect too, even after he's walking all over them. its just a sad sight to see, and i can't even imagine how pissed i'd be if i were a true Cav's homer.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 07-01-2011 at 11:11 AM.

So Cleveland doesn't want Hickson afterall?

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

they could've gotten WAY more value than what they got.
    see, you (a casual fan) can say that, but its not like they didnt do their due diligence before this trade. Im sure they called most of the other teams in the league during the last couple weeks. Maybe JJ has more value to you, but you dont have anyone to trade for him. He obviously doesnt have more value across the league. Frankly, I wouldnt be surprised if Casspi is considered the better player by most GMs.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    see, you (a casual fan) can say that, but its not like they didnt do their due diligence before this trade. Im sure they called most of the other teams in the league during the last couple weeks. Maybe JJ has more value to you, but you dont have anyone to trade for him. He obviously doesnt have more value across the league. Frankly, I wouldnt be surprised if Casspi is considered the better player by most GMs.
    just curious but did you watch Hickson last year?

any GM that thinks that is a horrible GM, but i wouldn't be surprised since they're just as bad as fans or even worse sometimes given some of their decisions. either way to just assume they know what they're doing is pretty stupid imo given past history of decisions from GM's in general.

honestly if you've actually watched both players, and more importantly Hickson from last year, i don't know how you could even say that, let alone a GM. its like comparing one of the better PF's in the league carrying a team to a bench player thats barely getting any time for a reason. actually it is...

its just not reality unless you haven't watched those players of recent. its actually hard for me to believe there aren't more Cleveland fans sticking up for JJ from last year unless they stopped watching because they sucked so bad.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

just curious but did you watch Hickson last year?

any GM that thinks that is a horrible GM, but i wouldn't be surprised since they're just as bad as fans or even worse sometimes given some of their decisions. either way to just assume they know what they're doing is pretty stupid imo given past history of decisions from GM's in general.

honestly if you've actually watched both players, and more importantly Hickson from last year, i don't know how you could even say that, let alone a GM. its like comparing one of the better PF's in the league carrying a team to a bench player thats barely getting any time for a reason. actually it is...

its just not reality unless you haven't watched those players of recent. its actually hard for me to believe there aren't more Cleveland fans sticking up for JJ from last year unless they stopped watching because they sucked so bad.
    I saw enough of him to see that he was coming into his own. I also recognize that he is still not all that great, despite his improvement. This idea that he is near star level is insane. Dude isnt even one of the top 15 (or maybe even 25) pf's in the league.

My point is, regardless of his improvement last year, its not like the cavs didnt bother to assess his value with the rest of the league before making this trade.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    I saw enough of him to see that he was coming into his own. I also recognize that he is still not all that great, despite his improvement. This idea that he is near star level is insane. Dude isnt even one of the top 15 (or maybe even 25) pf's in the league.

My point is, regardless of his improvement last year, its not like the cavs didnt bother to assess his value with the rest of the league before making this trade.

he's borderline star, and on the road he's on, he'll be one. i stand by that. mark my words. a lot of you i swear either didn't watch him much last year or were watching something completely different than i was. I'd say he's in the top 15 PF's in the league EASY.

and if he were in this draft class, based on last years performance, he'd be the #1 overall pick.

And its absolutely absurd for anyone to say Casspi is the better player, let alone a GM. thats crazy talk.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 07-01-2011 at 01:17 PM.

This is hilarious man. The Cavs when Bron was around were unwilling to trade Hickson for the likes of Amar'e Stoudemire, and now they are willing to let go of him for Casspi and a draft pick.