Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rockets and Tracy McGrady agree to try to part ways (Dec 28)

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    Lets See,

PG Brooks/Lowry
    SG Ariza/Budinger

Where will Nate play?
    On the Bulls, Sherlock......

If Donnie's smart, he'll be on the ball with this one.

Donnie has been looking for a T-Mac trade since this summer. I hope he was what it takes to get it done.

Whats the whole time table on this? According to them a trade isnt imminent but you guys think it could go down today?

The Rockets want All-Star young or current talent in return for T-Mac and they sure as hell ain't getting that so I guess he's done for the year.

Mentally-ill retard who won't stop bashing Dwight Howard

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    On the Bulls, Sherlock......
    If I were Morey, I'd take the deal If Harrington went to Houston and Jefferies went to Chicago.

Welcome to the New Age Raj Da Dodge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattevans11
    not your original post...... but your responses in the rest........ you are a midless rocket fan...
    are u talking about the questions I put?... like the trade questions and all that?

Mentally-ill retard who won't stop bashing Dwight Howard

how bout this bagel?

Can somebody gimmi the source where you found the Arenas story...cuz I can't find it anywhere...I looked on espn.com, realgm, chron.com, yahoo, everywhere...I can't find it for some reason.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
    Can somebody gimmi the source where you found the Arenas story...cuz I can't find it anywhere...I looked on espn.com, realgm, chron.com, yahoo, everywhere...I can't find it for some reason.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4777423

aite thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX2024
    If I were Morey, I'd take the deal If Harrington went to Houston and Jefferies went to Chicago.
    Well, clearly the Bulls are not taking Jeffries because they also want 2010 cap space.

Morey would be a fool not to take Miller and $6 million cash savings for TMac. Despite his stubbornness over Jeffries.

Put yr guns up

LOL @ the Rockets taking 2010 salaries for the services of Brad Miller. WTF would be the point? They should have just played the man, they have incredibly weak wing play.

Quote Originally Posted by SCY
    LOL @ the Rockets taking 2010 salaries for the services of Brad Miller. WTF would be the point? They should have just played the man, they have incredibly weak wing play.
    Why shouldn't they? Rockets don't have 2010 space anyway. The money Rockets save will practically pay for JJ's salary next year.....
    Last edited by bagelred; 12-29-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Put yr guns up

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Why shouldn't they? Rockets don't have 2010 space anyway. The money Rockets save will practically pay for JJ's salary next year.....
    Where are you getting this idea the Rockets won't have space? Even if it's only 4-5 mil, we can sign someone 1,000,000^1,000,000 more worthwhile than Jeffries with that. If the Rockets can dump Battier for an expirer, they will be in good shape to sign a good player. Keep in mind they don't need to re-sign the 30 year old Scola with the emergence of Carl Landry.

Of course that's a lot of ifs, but there is simply no reason to take on Jeffries unless we are getting a significant player also (read not Brad Miller). Jeffries is trash, and Miller isn't much better.

Quote Originally Posted by SCY
    Where are you getting this idea the Rockets won't have space? Even if it's only 4-5 mil......
    You'll already HAVE 4-5 million. It's called the MLE. When you are over the cap, you get that. Not when you are under.

You honestly believe Rockets aren't resigning Scola? Are you kidding me?

2011 is the date Rockets should target. Yao, Battier, Landry, and JEFFRIES would be all off the books and Rockets could be TRUE free agent players. Not next year......

Also, the Rockets have a chance to WIN, RIGHT NOW!!!! Don't you want to win? Rockets need size in Miller and Jared. Miller helps Rockets tremendously for playoffs. Don't you even want to TRY to win???? Amazing......

Here its explained in NBA Salary Cap rules. This is why Rockets can and SHOULD take on Jeffries.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q20

If a team is below the cap, then their Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and/or Traded Player exceptions are added to their team salary, and the league treats the team as though they are over the cap. This is to prevent a loophole, in a manner similar to free agent amounts (see question numbers 29, 30, 31, 32). A team can't act like they're under the cap and sign free agents using cap room, and then use their Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and/or Traded Player exceptions. Consequently, the exceptions are added to their team salary (putting the team over the cap) if the team is under the cap and adding the exceptions puts them over the cap. If a team is already over the cap, then the exceptions are not added to their team salary. There would be no point in doing so, since there is no cap room for signing free agents.

So being under the cap does not necessarily mean a team has room to sign free agents.
    For example, assume the cap is $49.5 million, and a team has $43 million committed to salaries. They also have a Mid-Level exception for $5 million and a Traded Player exception for $5.5 million. Even though their salaries put them $6.5 million under the cap, their exceptions are added to their salaries, putting them at $53.5 million, or $4 million over the cap. So they actually have no cap room to sign free agents, and instead must use their exceptions.
    Last edited by bagelred; 12-29-2009 at 04:41 PM.