Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Metta World Peace on the Trade Block; What can LA get for him?

World Peace has lost playing time to Matt Barnes lately and could also be challenged by Devin Ebanks, Luke Walton and Jason Kapono. Brown said World Peace still is looking to find his offensive rhythm.

World Peace again looked uncertain Wednesday night, missing an open 3-pointer to drop to 2 for 24 on 3-pointers this season and then moved in to miss a contested 2-point jumper on his next chance.

After he bumbled another possession away, Brown looked down the bench at the resting Kobe Bryant, and Bryant got up to check into the game for World Peace even before Brown could say anything.
    Said Brown: "He came in obviously overweight. ... He's close to where he needs to be or where he wants to be."
    http://www.ocregister.com/sports/nig...me-bryant.html

Now hes not even playing anymore.

He got a DNP - Coach's Decision tonight.

Lakers: Michael Beasley, Luke Ridnour
    T'Wolves: Metta World Peace, Devin Ebanks, 2012 Mavericks 1st Round Pick, 2013 Lakers 1st Round Pick
    T'Wolves: Metta World Peace can become Ron Artest playing for Rick Adelman again for the 3rd time. He put up 20/5/3 for Adelman in Sacramento and 17/5/3 for him in Houston. Adelman knows how to get through to him and Minnesota badly needs someone who can play any sort of perimeter defense. Ebanks is young with upside and also shown some promise as a defender. Also adding 2 extra 1st Rd picks doesn't hurt.

Lakers: Mike Beasley started the season off hot in Game 1 but has fizzled down the stretch so far before he sprained his foot. Either way hes an upgrade all around at the SF position for LA and maybe playing with Kobe will be what can make him live up to his hype. If not, Lakers can just send him to Orlando in a Bynum/Howard trade. Luke Ridnour is a solid PG who's an upgrade over Fisher & Blake but with Blake now injured he can step in immediately.

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

Default Re: Metta World Peace on the Trade Block; What can LA get for him?

lakers would be lucky to get me for MWPOS

Banned

Ya know, if we threw in the trade exception I think thats actually a really good trade.

Teams are alot more weary of nutcases these days.
    The same reason Arenas hasn't been signed is the same reason no team would go anywhere near MWP.

Banned

I hate settling for Luke ridnour tho.. I mean I know we need a pg, and EVERYONES better than fisher.. but damn. We'd probably not keep beasley anyways and send him over with bynum for howard. Agh.

Ridnour would be a good fit but why would the Wolves take on Ron's contract to get rid of a productive player?

Good High School Starter

the fact that MWP is gone is good enough for me, anything the lakers get back is a bonus

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    http://www.ocregister.com/sports/nig...me-bryant.html

Now hes not even playing anymore.

He got a DNP - Coach's Decision tonight.

T'Wolves: Metta World Peace can become Ron Artest playing for Rick Adelman again for the 3rd time. He put up 20/5/3 for Adelman in Sacramento and 17/5/3 for him in Houston. Adelman knows how to get through to him and Minnesota badly needs someone who can play any sort of perimeter defense. Ebanks is young with upside and also shown some promise as a defender. Also adding 2 extra 1st Rd picks doesn't hurt.

Lakers: Mike Beasley started the season off hot in Game 1 but has fizzled down the stretch so far before he sprained his foot. Either way hes an upgrade all around at the SF position for LA and maybe playing with Kobe will be what can make him live up to his hype. If not, Lakers can just send him to Orlando in a Bynum/Howard trade. Luke Ridnour is a solid PG who's an upgrade over Fisher & Blake but with Blake now injured he can step in immediately.
    Few reporters said he was on DNP because his back is injured/sore

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    I hate settling for Luke ridnour tho.. I mean I know we need a pg, and EVERYONES better than fisher.. but damn. We'd probably not keep beasley anyways and send him over with bynum for howard. Agh.
    Its either Ridnour, Arenas, Will Bynum, or trusting rookie Darius Morris.

We've gone through so many Trade Scenarios in terms of PG's the Lakers can acquire with their TE and I dont see any out there who are better and would be available. The Clippers screwed you guys with their unecessary bid on Chauncey.

As far as Beasley goes. Its up in the air, when he throws on that #30 out in LA he can either finally put it together as a borderline star showcasing the skills that enabled him to put up 23/7/2 in Minnesota before he sprained his ankle. Or he'll put up 10 PPG and be pulled from the starting lineup due to bad shot selection and get shipped to Orlando with Bynum.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I'd go after Will Bynum.. and if that falls through let Morris get a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Ridnour would be a good fit but why would the Wolves take on Ron's contract to get rid of a productive player?
    MWP's contract only has 2 more years left on it after this season. Same as Ridnour except $3 Million more. They can buy him out if he under-performs or just pay him the rest of his deal, Minnesota getting so far under the cap doesn't matter because Kevin Love will take up their cap space with his extension.

Getting 2 1st Rd picks back is well worth it for a player in Beasley they're likely going to move down the line anyways and a player in Ridnour who they have no use for with Rubio emerging and JJ Barea as his backup.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Its either Ridnour, Arenas, Will Bynum, or trusting rookie Darius Morris.

We've gone through so many Trade Scenarios in terms of PG's the Lakers can acquire with their TE and I dont see any out there who are better and would be available. The Clippers screwed you guys with their unecessary bid on Chauncey.

As far as Beasley goes. Its up in the air, when he throws on that #30 out in LA he can either finally put it together as a borderline star showcasing the skills that enabled him to put up 23/7/2 in Minnesota before he sprained his ankle. Or he'll put up 10 PPG and be pulled from the starting lineup due to bad shot selection and get shipped to Orlando with Bynum.
    If we can get bynum for howard then dwil has leverage to get shipped here for gasol+TPE tho. Pipe dream though most likely. What will clips do with mo williams? Theres still some options somewhere..

There has to be a move on that list we can pull off that brings a decent player.

Beasley makes the deal more interesting like you said.. he could be a borderline all star or the perfect piece to get howard... Which makes the team a lot better..

Some possibilities btw:

Augustin for TPE + Filler.
    Gasol for Collison + something else
    Reunite the brothers in memphis with Pau for Conley and something else
    Gasol for Nash and Frye
    Gasol and Ebanks for tony parker and filler
    Gasol for calderon and barganni

Granted, some of those may be a stretch or a risk... But idk. I don't think its really down to arenas, ridnour or stick with morris. I hope it isnt, anyways.

Thats actually not a bad trade proposal

hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens)

Hawks get

MWP
    1st round pick from Lakers

Lakers get

Kirk Hinrich (expirer)

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens)

Hawks get

MWP
    1st round pick from Lakers

Lakers get

Kirk Hinrich (expirer)
    if lakers can do this, gg for the rest of the league