Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote Originally Posted by funnystuff
    Total opinion.

If Kobe didn't have Shaq in 2000-2002, Lakers DONT make the finals once.
    Kobe detractors, Shaq fans...whatever, need to get off this, too. Shaq wasn't making the Finals those years without Kobe either. Not if everything stayed the same. Those Lakers rosters, after Shaq and Kobe, were really mediocre. Their 3-9/10 guys weren't nearly as deep and talented as teams like Portland and Sacramento. Shaq being the best player in the NBA and Kobe being a top 3-5 player in the NBA was what made up for that gap.

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Just like he had Shaq from 2008 to 2010, oh wait.......
    Apples to oranges. The makeup of the league was completely different from '08-'10. It was pre-superteam era and decade's dominant big men (Shaq, Duncan, KG) were on the decline.

Not trying to take away from Kobe winning titles those years, but Kobe making the Finals and winning without Shaq in from '08-'10 doesn't really prove anything when comparing the two as players.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Something about Kobe that just makes the hate flow.
    I think I've mentioned this a lot too... that Kobe is a very polarizing figure and isn't very likable at times. Here's hoping that 10-20 years from now, people have a little bit more respect (hopefully) for him and don't take his every word as salt.

There have been past players who have said worse things than Kobe have and are nowadays more loved, regardless.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Apples to oranges. The makeup of the league was completely different from '08-'10. It was pre-superteam era and decade's dominant big men (Shaq, Duncan, KG) were on the decline.

Not trying to take away from Kobe winning titles those years, but Kobe making the Finals and winning without Shaq in from '08-'10 doesn't really prove anything when comparing the two as players.
    I think there was one super team from 2008 - 2010, that being the Celtics. They didn't dominate in 2009 because of KG being injured, but I really think that team is what set this whole chain of events into motion.

I think the Lakers even more stacked roster in 2010 compared to 2009 also sparked the birth of the "superteam era" ...

Think about it, LeBron and Wade had no chance of getting past the Celtics with the rosters they had. They couldn't even get out of the ECF, and then they saw out in the WCF when Kobe got gifted Gasol in 2008 for nothing, then they added a healthy Bynum and snagged Ron Artest, with Lamar Odom being their 6th man.

They had no choice but to respond with escalation by teaming up. And it's probably a good thing they did given OKC's evolution, and the now current Lakers super team.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

So your conclusion for this hypothetical situation, was using hypothetical evidence.... nice. All I know is what happened, first he DID win 3 championships in a row.... and second he DID win 2 more championships as the primary option. That's what the history books will remember and that's what I observed. Its really pointless of arguing IF he didn't have Shaq, lakers would never have made the finals... IF he didn't play in a league that was blah blah...

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    And vice versa.
    Debatable.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by baller562
    So your conclusion for this hypothetical situation, was using hypothetical evidence.... nice. All I know is what happened, first he DID win 3 championships in a row.... and second he DID win 2 more championships as the primary option. That's what the history books will remember and that's what I observed. Its really pointless of arguing IF he didn't have Shaq, lakers would never have made the finals... IF he didn't play in a league that was blah blah...
    It's all they really have and have had for the last 17 years...nothing but hypotheticals...MADE UP crap, irrational so called "logic," etc. All simply cuz they CAN'T give Kobe the credit he's worked for since they either know nothing about basketball to begin with. Or are way to caught up in hating the man for no real reason, to be objective about him. If you're dumb enough to take them seriously, according to them, EVERY SINGLE NBA PLAYER....LIVING, DEAD, PAST, OR PRESENT, are A-L-L supposedly better than Kobe. Up to, and including, a career role player like Robert Horry. Then, have the audacity to turn right around, and with a straight face, claim to be objective basketball fans who supposedly know and love the game. Hilarious
    Last edited by LakersReign; 10-05-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by funnystuff
    Debatable.
    Not really.

Would that Lakers team with its exact players (Shaq) minus Kobe have gone anywhere? No, they'd just double team Shaq all night long, and hack him to send him to the line.

Would Kobe only Lakers go anywhere? No.

That's the way it is. Replace Kobe with another player? You can't do that, it's all hypothetical. That team is that team. Otherwise we can start replacing everyone in the history of the NBA and say, hey that guy could've been replace, almost anyone can be replaced. Which is basically a no-point, idiotic thing.

How could I not see this coming, Kobe's biggest supporters on ISH are also lebron's most consistently irrational detractors. Ripthekik, kennethgriffin and lakersreign - you guys have proven that all of your lebron posts and threads exist because of insecurity and fear you guys have when it comes to kobe.

Never bother to claim objectivity in discussions again when you are clearly so invested in your gawdbe, LoL at wasting time arguing with these clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    How could I not see this coming, Kobe's biggest supporters on ISH are also lebron's most consistently irrational detractors. Ripthekik, kennethgriffin and lakersreign - you guys have proven that all of your lebron posts and threads exist because of insecurity and fear you guys have when it comes to kobe.

Never bother to claim objectivity in discussions again when you are clearly so invested in your gawdbe, LoL at wasting time arguing with these clowns.

This is a 10+ pages thread on ISH, the forum that I choose to visit, and now I can't post my opinion in the topic?

How about you take lebron's nuts out of your mouth and stop worshipping him and showing up everytime he's criticized?

Learning to shoot layups

Hmmm I thought this thread was about something Kobe said... take a look at what you just did, and look in the mirror and say "I am not a hyprocrite"...

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik

This is a 10+ pages thread on ISH, the forum that I choose to visit, and now I can't post my opinion in the topic?

How about you take lebron's nuts out of your mouth and stop worshipping him and showing up everytime he's criticized?
    in another thread from a while back you actually claimed that you weren't a kobe fan, and now all of your ****** ass retarded threads obsessing over lebron make sense in the big picture. Your opinion is irrelevant homie.

And LoL at worshipping lebron, it isn't worshipping when all you do is state facts. What you are doing on the other hand is obsessing over the n*gga like he is a woman that scorned you and left you for another man

Quote Originally Posted by baller562
    Hmmm I thought this thread was about something Kobe said... take a look at what you just did, and look in the mirror and say "I am not a hyprocrite"...
    my bad homie don't mean to derail the thread just needed to address those clowns while they are all in one place

in another thread from a while back you actually claimed that you weren't a kobe fan, and now all of your ****** ass retarded threads obsessing over lebron make sense in the big picture. Your opinion is irrelevant homie.

And LoL at worshipping lebron, it isn't worshipping when all you do is state facts. What you are doing on the other hand is obsessing over the n*gga like he is a woman that scorned you and left you for another man
    I'm not a fan, but I can't talk for the guy? So I can't talk about any team/player other than my own then? WTF? I can't express appreciation for a player that's in the NBA for 16 seasons and having watched him for all these years?

When 60% of the discussion here is about Kobe/Lebron, what do you expect?

As for you, OH, now when you're talking about Lebron, it's a FACT. Really? When other talks about Kobe, it's all lies and opinion, but what you say about Lebron are facts? Yeah, everything you say is correct and true, everyone else opinion doesn't matter, we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    I'm not a fan, but I can't talk for the guy? So I can't talk about any team/player other than my own then? WTF? I can't express appreciation for a player that's in the NBA for 16 seasons and having watched him for all these years?

When 60% of the discussion here is about Kobe/Lebron, what do you expect?

As for you, OH, now when you're talking about Lebron, it's a FACT. Really? When other talks about Kobe, it's all lies and opinion, but what you say about Lebron are facts? Yeah, everything you say is correct and true, everyone else opinion doesn't matter, we get it.
    Why are you still denying that kobe is your favorite player in the leauge? I am not attacking you for your fanhood, I honestly have nothing against kobe, homie is a baller and I will personally catch all of this years lakers games. The problem comes when you act like you are an objective poster but end up posting all of this retarded shit that noone wants to read, jokes that are not funny, commentary that is not insightful .

Everything that you post is just spiteful and childish, all you do is try to annoy people. And I am calling you out for it because you are the opposite of a good poster and I would in fact be happier if you would just GTFO and stop posting. If you are going to continue to troll then at least be funny.