Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-19-2017, 03:20 PM   #1
34-24 Footwork
Big Mamba-Little Mamba

Default Pay Attention to the People Who Believe that Kyrie Can't Win Without Lebron

And don't let them off the hook. This is very similar to Shaq and Kobe separating, after all.

Except for this time, the media is PISSED at his decision of leaving Lebron because of the narrative they've created.

Pay close attention because once the Celtics take out the Cavs in the playoffs, the excuses will be FLYING galore and people on this board and in the media will have selective amnesia.

This season will be lit....
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:24 PM   #2
toneloc103
Serious playground baller

Default Re: Pay Attention to the People Who Believe that Kyrie Can't Win Without Lebron

Put my name down. Not sure how you can compare Kyrie to Kobe, but ok. No rings to be had in Boston for Uncle Drew.
toneloc103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:30 PM   #3
aj1987
MH!

Default Re: Pay Attention to the People Who Believe that Kyrie Can't Win Without Lebron

The Celtics won't win a ring unless they sign another superstar.

You're turning into another STATUTORY, if you aren't already him, BTW. Not that you weren't maniacally obsessed with LeBron earlier.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:31 PM   #4
scuzzy
Billy

subscribe me to that list as well

when the Celtics don't live up to OP's fantasy dream world, he'll be whining about the team not having time to gel or how a couple of bench players are injured

one way or another, Lebron will be in the Finals and Kyrie wont

so get as much damage control out of the way now OP, because in a short month the season starts and the inevitable harsh criticism Kyrie is about to get is on the horizon
scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:42 PM   #5
Smoke117
NBA Legend

Even though I find kobe overrated he's still much better than Kyrie is. As I said before, Kyrie isn't even the best player on the celtics. He's not top 15 and you could even argue he may not even be top 20. Lets see:

Lebron
Durant
Curry
Dray
Harden
Paul
Wall
Gobert
Hayward
George
Butler
Giannis
Davis
Westbrook
Griffin
Lillard
Leonard
M. Gasol
Cousins
KAT

There's 20 players better.

Last edited by Smoke117 : 09-19-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #6
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

Kyrie will finish his career with more rings than Lebron
STATUTORY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:49 PM   #7
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

Celtics could very well win a title, but Kyrie is not clearly the best player. You could argue him over Hayward, but I would say Hayward is better/more valuable.

With the way the league is stacked with point guards, I'd say Horford is nearly as valuable as Kyrie. His passing and IQ helped make the Celtics what they were last year. Guys like Marcus Smart would have been a much bigger drag on the offense without the pristine spacing of the Celtics.

In the playoff series against the Wizards, the Celtics ****ed up the Wizards defensive schemes for a game by having Horford handle the ball in the PnR, with Isaiah Thomas screening. How many centers can do that successfully? He was successfully shooting pull-up J's off a pick. Very impressive for a big man.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:15 PM   #8
fiddy
Raider of Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
The Celtics won't win a ring unless they sign another superstar.

You're turning into another STATUTORY, if you aren't already him, BTW. Not that you weren't maniacally obsessed with LeBron earlier.
Bookmarked
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:33 PM   #9
34-24 Footwork
Big Mamba-Little Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
Even though I find kobe overrated he's still much better than Kyrie is. As I said before, Kyrie isn't even the best player on the celtics. He's not top 15 and you could even argue he may not even be top 20. Lets see:

Lebron
Durant
Curry
Dray
Harden
Paul
Wall
Gobert
Hayward
George
Butler
Giannis
Davis
Westbrook
Griffin
Lillard
Leonard
M. Gasol
Cousins
KAT

There's 20 players better.

Doesn't matter how many "better" players are on that list, the right concoction of players and system can go further than you think.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:37 PM   #10
Smoke117
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
Doesn't matter how many "better" players are on that list, the right concoction of players and system can go further than you think.

I'm just saying...Kobe may be his hero and kyrie may have this "mamba mentality ( ), but he's not close to the player Kobe was. I say this as someone you all know can't stand kobe.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:38 PM   #11
34-24 Footwork
Big Mamba-Little Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
Celtics could very well win a title, but Kyrie is not clearly the best player. You could argue him over Hayward, but I would say Hayward is better/more valuable.

With the way the league is stacked with point guards, I'd say Horford is nearly as valuable as Kyrie. His passing and IQ helped make the Celtics what they were last year. Guys like Marcus Smart would have been a much bigger drag on the offense without the pristine spacing of the Celtics.

In the playoff series against the Wizards, the Celtics ****ed up the Wizards defensive schemes for a game by having Horford handle the ball in the PnR, with Isaiah Thomas screening. How many centers can do that successfully? He was successfully shooting pull-up J's off a pick. Very impressive for a big man.

This line of thinking is the problem. I don't think Kyrie gives a f.uck about "being the man". This is a false narrative.

He wants to be part of an organization that doesn't revolve around one player and is more team oriented.

And what's interesting is that you're already writing off any of his potential success via "stats" and productivity.

What's also interesting is that you're putting the responsibility of productivity on his shoulders as PG.

You've already set the bar pretty high for Kyrie. Seems like you're psychology well established to diminish Kyrie in what could be a potential shock in the playoffs.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:42 PM   #12
34-24 Footwork
Big Mamba-Little Mamba

Quote:
I'm just saying...Kobe may be his hero and kyrie may have this "mamba mentality ( ), but he's not close to the player Kobe was. I say this as someone you all know can't stand kobe.

Gotcha. And I fully understand that. But this reeks of the Kobe/Shaq split as far as expectations go.

Kobe was just an iso scorer who didn't make his team better.
Kobe can't win without Shaq.

After Kyrie and the Celtics beat the Cavs, I can guarantee that it will be:

Hayward is a top 5 SF (I'm a HUGE fan of Hayward)
Brad Stevens is a top 5 coach in NBA history.
Horford is a top 3 PF
etc....
etc....
Old 09-19-2017, 04:46 PM   #13
Smoke117
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
Gotcha. And I fully understand that. But this reeks of the Kobe/Shaq split as far as expectations go.

Kobe was just an iso scorer who didn't make his team better.
Kobe can't win without Shaq.

After Kyrie and the Celtics beat the Cavs, I can guarantee that it will be:

Hayward is a top 5 SF (I'm a HUGE fan of Hayward)
Brad Stevens is a top 5 coach in NBA history.
Horford is a top 3 PF
etc....
etc....

Why would anyone say that about Kobe? 2003 was arguably kobe's best all around season (and best season period to me) when he averaged 30/7/6. Nobody would call a sg putting up those stats just a iso scorer.

Al Horford is not a top 3 sf...gtfo with that nonsense. lol He's not even top 5. Wait...aren't you the guy who said horford was terrible? First you underrate him and now you are vastly overrating him. You just cant' seem to get it right with him. haha
Old 09-19-2017, 04:54 PM   #14
lilteapot
NBA rookie of the year

Brad Stevens is going to hate Kyrie and his tunnel vision so much. Also good luck winning a series with Cleveland while you get outrebounded by 15 boards per game.

Also love this completely made up narrative that Kyrie is somehow a team player, lmao. He wasnt happy getting the most touches per game on the Cavs with Lebron James, and he's somehow supposed to all of a sudden be happy on the Celtics.
lilteapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:54 PM   #15
34-24 Footwork
Big Mamba-Little Mamba

Quote:
Why would anyone say that about Kobe? 2003 was arguably kobe's best all around season (and best season period to me) when he averaged 30/7/6. Nobody would call a sg putting up those stats just a iso scorer.

Al Horford is not a top 3 sf...gtfo with that nonsense. lol He's not even top 5. Wait...aren't you the guy who said horford was terrible? First you underrate him and now you are vastly overrating him. You just cant' seem to get it right with him. haha

I'm EXTREMELY anti-Horford.

I'm saying those will be the excuses.......

Bottom line about those comparisons:

Kobe/Kyrie can't win without stat-sheet stuffers and physically dominant players like Shaq or Lebron.

There were MILLIONS of people wrong about this in the media in 2004...

By 2008...they were ecstatic that Kobe made it that far and lost; repeated the notion that Kobe couldn't win without Shaq

By 2009-2010....they were calling Pau Gasol a top 10 big man of all-time.

Lot's of crow in peoples' diet......i forsee the same thing happening this season.

Quote me now....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: