Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-21-2012, 02:53 AM   #1
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Nutrition Question #2

Today I had 3 hours between two games in my tournament but my mom had to go pick up my brother from a chess tournament so for lunch I could only eat inone of the stores nearby. Well my only options were a sushi bar a Popeyes and a mexican restaurant. I didn't want to stuff burritos into my body before a game and I hate sushi so my only choice was the Popeyes. I've never been there before and In hindsight I should have ordered the cinnamon apple pies or the coleslaw. Well I thought a 8 pc chicken meal would be ok because I assumed they were like mcdonald's chicken nuggets sized. When I saw how big they were I decided to only eat 3 and save the rest to feed to my neighbor's dog. Well I know fried chicken is horrible but if i pealed off the skin and only ate the white meat inside does that make it a bit better?

BTW I hate the 3pcs and a banana about an hour and a half before my game and felt fine during the game.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #2
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Nutrition Question #2

Technically, it does. By taking away the skin, you're taking away most of the damaged/processed oils fast food chain use, the estrogen-laden fats in commercially raised animals, and all that, but it is what it is. I know I'm one of the guys here that usually says stay away from that shit as much as possible, but exactly "as much as possible." Eating a few pieces of fried chicken skin isn't bad as long as you're still eating properly for the rest of the day and the rest of your life. If the circumstances really don't favor you then so be it. Pick yourself back up next time.

Personally though, I don't like eating too close before games. Sure it feels fine sometimes, but if your body's in digestion mode, it can be really bothersome if you're engaging in physical activities. Your body will be too focused on digesting the food that it exerts all its energy there, certain responses in the body can be triggered that'll make you act sloppy, all that jazz. As long as its nothing too heavy or hard to digest, it shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by NotYetGreat : 10-21-2012 at 05:49 AM.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:31 AM   #3
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thanks NotYetGreat, also what would you recommend as the best form of chicken I could eat right now? Grilled chicken breast? Specifically to put on mass.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:40 AM   #4
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Definitely go with grilled chicken. Great source of protein and I think it has the best flavor. Stay away from any fried / breaded chicken.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:44 AM   #5
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Also if you can get organic chicken that's the best way to go. Technically grass feed organic lean beef has only 1 more gram of saturated fat as lean chicken in a lot of cases, but just as much protein as it, just to mention it.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #6
SourPatchKids
Banned

I guess my grandma needs to make this her go-to dish.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #7
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids

That really is a perfect meal
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:59 AM   #8
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Fap fap fap

But yeah, grill it, pan-fry (without the breading and stuff, but you can let it slide once in a while), whatever you wanna do, dude.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Are those the only 3 alternatives? Do you not have a convenient store? For in between games grab fruit and maybe a smoothie. You need something that can break down into fuel rapidly. Protein is not the best bioavailable source of fuel pregame

Peeling off the skin does help. At the end of the day protein is protein. 1 gram of protein is all the same no matter what the source calorie wise.

Have you checked the menu at the sushi place? They are not just subject to raw fish. The have teriyaki bowls at most places. Ask if they have brown rice options
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #10
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^ agree ^ peeling the skin off should greatly help in turning it in to a healthy meal.

disagree with eating grilling chicken on a regular basis. all the recent studies i've seen seem to be consistent in saying that grilling foods significantly increases the general cancer risk.

bake it!

if you're ever eating grilled food and see areas that have blackened, i recommend not eating them... even if they're kind of the crunchy good parts. the black, high-carbon parts are the biggest carcinogenic areas of all from what i've read.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
nathanjizzle
Banned

nathanjizzle is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Today I had 3 hours between two games in my tournament but my mom had to go pick up my brother from a chess tournament so for lunch I could only eat inone of the stores nearby. Well my only options were a sushi bar a Popeyes and a mexican restaurant. I didn't want to stuff burritos into my body before a game and I hate sushi so my only choice was the Popeyes. I've never been there before and In hindsight I should have ordered the cinnamon apple pies or the coleslaw. Well I thought a 8 pc chicken meal would be ok because I assumed they were like mcdonald's chicken nuggets sized. When I saw how big they were I decided to only eat 3 and save the rest to feed to my neighbor's dog. Well I know fried chicken is horrible but if i pealed off the skin and only ate the white meat inside does that make it a bit better?

BTW I hate the 3pcs and a banana about an hour and a half before my game and felt fine during the game.

a grilled chicken wrap and ice tea from popeyes would have done you good.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #12
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

you play ball and he's in the chess club. do i even have to ask who the favorite is?
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: