Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Custom User Title

Default Re: Kevin Garnett out for playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by sixerfan82
    Eh, I don't believe it. ESPN reported people out for months at a time before only to see them back i nlike 2 weeks.

Y'all don't honestly expect KG to miss the ENTIRE playoffs do you?

Is he on the playoff roster?
    Even if he were to come back...lets say hypothetically for the ECF against the Cavs, how effective will he truly be? It seems like unless he is able to get a significant amount of rehab time (month+), there's no way he'll be back to the form he was in earlier this season.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sixerfan82
    Eh, I don't believe it. ESPN reported people out for months at a time before only to see them back i nlike 2 weeks.

Y'all don't honestly expect KG to miss the ENTIRE playoffs do you?

Is he on the playoff roster?
    Dude is obvious hurt. Not just just hurt, he's injured. Dude wasnt himself at the beginning of the year and he made whatever he had worse in that Dallas/Uath game.

IMO, they should have been announced this. Stringing along a fanbase like this is wrong, IMO. Just announce the sh*t and move on. Make your fanbase feel like the underdog instead of excuse-makers waiting till KG comes and save the day.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Dude is obvious hurt. Not just just hurt, he's injured. Dude wasnt himself at the beginning of the year and he made whatever he had worse in that Dallas/Uath game.

IMO, they should have been announced this. Stringing along a fanbase like this is wrong, IMO. Just announce the sh*t and move on. Make your fanbase feel like the underdog instead of excuse-makers waiting till KG comes and save the day.
    I don't think they were stringing along anyone... it just speaks to the complexity of injuries and that when someone actually heals is not a simple question to answer. I have no doubt that the Celtics actually hoped KG could make it back and who knows, he may play some minutes. I just think responses like yours overlook the complexities of these sorts of things... The Lakers experienced the same thing with Bynum last year and many Laker fans were ready to fire the laker trainers, laker doctors, etc... it was silly.

Dam I wanted the Blazers to play a full strenth Boston team.

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve

I agree with you somewhat..KG is the toughest player in the league,the guy is a warrior and for him not to be ready for the 1st round he must have something seriously wrong with his knee..or else you would need to chain him to the locker room to keep him off the court.If that IS the case,then KG should of came out and said something instead of hiding from the situation this whole time and playing with our emotions.Not speaking out 1 single time is annoying,it kept the Celtic fan base guessing,sh!t Ainge said about 2 weeks ago that KG should be 100% come play-off time ...I am still praying that he needs more rest and we are just saving him when we need him because Doc thinks we can beat Chi without him and when we truly do need him (in the ECF) he should be ready and the fans will go nuts when he makes that first appearance giving us a big boost.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by BFRESH44
    Imma call BS. Watch KG pull a "Willis Reed" come game 2 or 3 on this series.
    Hell be out for the series against the Bulls and when they face the Magic in the second they'll bring him in in THE wheelchair. The crowd will go crazy, as they witness another miracle at the Boston Garden when he RISES up, PRAISES the lord and leads the Boston Celtics to victory!

j/k

Sucks for the Celts, I would have liked a rematch of last years finals and that's going to be tough without Garnett.

Sucks to see people happy because their team now has a better shot at getting past the Celtics. I'm not a Celtic fan, but I just want to see all teams play at full strenghth and not be in a position to make excuses for losing I hope he can make it back ..

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

*out two weeks

*no update after two weeks

*no update after four weeks

*comes back after six weeks, but plays 'limited' minutes*

*plays limited minutes for three games, but is sat down to 'rest' till the final three games of the season*

*third to last last game of the year, no KG, no comment*

*Celtics says KG will get some playing time last game of the year to get his wind back*

*82nd game of the year, no KG*

*Doc announces KG will be ready for the playoffs*

*April 16th and no sign of KG*

Come on, Boston Celtics BUTCHERED this GREATLY. Hell, KG didn't even make an appearance on the bench during this 'rest' period of his. But that's another story.

The most recent updates..

An NBA source confirmed to the Globe this morning that Garnett was only about 70 percent healed from the knee injury, which occured during a Feb. 19 game in Utah, and that the Celtics All-Star would likely miss the entire postseason.

Garnett worked out his injured right knee this morning, Rivers said, after which the coach made the radio proclamation: "After watching him run, there's no way. So, we're going to move without him. And the way I saw him move today guys, I don't know if he'll be ready."

Rivers added that Garnett would continue to get treatment in the hopes that he would be able to return at some point.

"At this point after going through all the rehab and looking so good last week ... to where he's at today if he can't get through biking and working out without swelling and stiffness ... I just don't know how he can play in the playoffs," Rivers said.
    ESPN has this:

Garnett's reaction?

"He was frustrated. He was mad at me, mad at everybody. Then he understood," Rivers said. "He put up a fight. He's really frustrated, but that's Kevin. That's why we got him, because he cares so much."
    Man,I wont be surprised if KG broke down in tears when Rivers told him he cant play against Chi..The guy loves the game more than anyone..Expect him to play in the playoffs at some point..I can guarantee you that.

Maybe he will do a Paul P. magical comeback?

Spuddjjay is also out for the playoffs. Jeff banned him last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Spuddjjay is also out for the playoffs. Jeff banned him last week.
    This is the only good news I have heard all morning..this KG sh!t ruined my day

I think I'm as hurt as Boston fans are over the news.
    I really wanted to get some redemption for last season's finals but now it looks like it won't happen. I don't see Boston beating either Orlando or Cleveland, without KG. Don't care what Doc or Truth has to say on the matter, they are just not good enough.

I feel bad for KG too his passion is 2nd to none and I know it's killing him right now.

Hopefully he comes back to the ECF man, I'm hoping.

KG should have taken Andy Pettite's way of rehab..by injecting himself with some HGH.
    [COLOR="White"]
    im kidding (kinda)[/COLOR]

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

This was the most bizarrely handled injury I've seen in recent memory. A month and half ago it was supposed to have been a mild sprain that would only keep him out a few games. I wonder if this is the beginning of the end for KG?