Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Default Re: I always told myself I would never be the old man ranting "today's music sucks"

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    No it's just the truth. TUPAC is considered the top old school rapper . The guy is as mediocre as they come.

2Pac was a mainstream artist. His music was played on mainstream radio. He sold millions of albums. His music was appreciated and listened to by millions of people. The proper modern day comparison to 2Pac would be Drake, not some backpack rapper.

There are plenty of great rappers out there today, the problem is that's not what the industry promotes, and that's not what society is exposed to. I hate to break it to you, but in 10 or 20 years, nobody is going to remember King Los. What people will remember is what's popular and promoted in the mainstream.

This argument has nothing to do with the lack of talented artists, it has to do with the lack of talented artists that are promoted in the mainstream. The main problem is that there isn't enough money to be made from just making good music. The money is made in selling clothing, fads, dances, gimmicks, and ringtones... especially in a genre like Hip-hop, which caters to a younger audience.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: I always told myself I would never be the old man ranting "today's music sucks"

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Oh yea, I bet Justin Bieber is just DYING to shoot himself when he turns 27. What a life

Visionary....story teller....he was probably having such vivid visions of the stories in his songs that he had to off himself, soo deep bro.
    Cobain was 1,000x the artist Biebs is.

All the greats of the 60s-70s-80s-90s were suicidal drug addicts, which is a decent indicator they were real artists and not studio created children.

Nirvana couldn't even exist today...the labels would insist that they dance around in skinny jeans and change their lyrics up to something more family friendly. Kurt would have told them to go fck themselves and would have never been signed.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~

All the greats of the 60s-70s-80s-90s were suicidal drug addicts, which is a decent indicator they were real artists and not studio created children.

Lmaooo, wow. ok. Stupid me thought it was about the music, but if you ain't suicidal and dumb high then you ain't shit I guess.

Hate to break it to you primetime, but you really are just that old hag who thinks everything was better before than right now, looking for ANYTHING to support your claim. I'm not hating on the music of years past or even saying that today's is better, but the gap isn't as wide as you claim it to be. Cobain might be on a whole other world to you than Bieber, but the fact of the matter is that it's not like that for everyone. There are a lot of us who don't give a flying **** about Nirvana, only Nirvana song I've ever heard was teen spirit. Not my cup of tea, doesn't make your taste in music any better. Sorry buddy.

Lmaooo, wow. ok. Stupid me thought it was about the music, but if you ain't suicidal and dumb high then you ain't shit I guess.

Hate to break it to you primetime, but you really are just that old hag who thinks everything was better before than right now, looking for ANYTHING to support your claim. I'm not hating on the music of years past or even saying that today's is better, but the gap isn't as wide as you claim it to be. Cobain might be on a whole other world to you than Bieber, but the fact of the matter is that it's not like that for everyone. There are a lot of us who don't give a flying **** about Nirvana, only Nirvana song I've ever heard was teen spirit. Not my cup of tea, doesn't make your taste in music any better. Sorry buddy.
    It's hilarious how prime time thinks he has any authority over such an objective thing. Hes one of those old guys who genuinely thinks he's never been wrong before and his logic is "I'm old as fu*k so I'm right". The absolute delusion is incredible

How can you have any opinion on this when you fully admit to not being exposed to previous music?

"I've only heard teen spirit, but hate to break it to you -pt-, the gap isn't that big"

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    It's hilarious how prime time thinks he has any authority over such an objective thing. Hes one of those old guys who genuinely thinks he's never been wrong before and his logic is "I'm old as fu*k so I'm right". The absolute delusion is incredible
    If it is so objective how come there isn't a 30+ year old on the fcking planet that disagrees with me?

How can you have any opinion on this when you fully admit to not being exposed to previous music?

"I've only heard teen spirit, but hate to break it to you -pt-, the gap isn't that big"
    I'm exposed to previous generations music, I love led zeppelin and love 90's rap music. One of my favorite songs to smoke to is "horse with no name" which was released in 1971. I just don't give a **** about Nirvana.

But that in itself doesn't make my opinion any more right, because I wasn't hating on Cobain or Nirvana you old ****. I'm just saying you're delusional when saying music before was soooooooooo much better. That's the nostalgia talking, fyi.

I'm exposed to previous generations music, I love led zeppelin and love 90's rap music. One of my favorite songs to smoke to is "horse with no name" which was released in 1971. I just don't give a **** about Nirvana.

But that in itself doesn't make my opinion any more right, because I wasn't hating on Cobain or Nirvana you old ****. I'm just saying you're delusional when saying music before was soooooooooo much better. That's the nostalgia talking, fyi.
    so you think it was better, just not 'soooooooooo' better?

so you think it was better, just not 'soooooooooo' better?
    Go eat your pudding gramps and circle jerk at the retirement home with the other geezers about the music "back in your day"

Nope, lol. It's all subjective.

My playlist has more songs from this year and last than it does songs from before 2000.

Nope, lol. It's all subjective.

My playlist has more songs from this year and last than it does songs from before 2000.
    so you think this decade is better than previous ones?

rank the decades...from the 60s to now...so I can get a better grasp of your argument

When it comes to music, the "old man ranting" thing isn't true. It's almost a fact that music is much, much worse nowadays than ever. I think the advancement in technology has played a part in hurting music.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    When it comes to music, the "old man ranting" thing isn't true. It's almost a fact that music is much, much worse nowadays than ever. I think the advancement in technology has played a part in hurting music.
    It's definitely played a part in helping mask those with no real talent. Now any kid can download some software, use a voice synthesizer, and sound just like radio play.

Prince mastered like 40 different instruments...who today is doing that?

College star

Live music sucks these days. There's no good organic live sounds and scenes to see and hear something fresh.

I definately think that (mainstream) music is worse today. Most stuff I listen to is also older than me, so I'm no geezer either.

I'm not saying there aren't great musicians out there. Actually I believe musicians are technically better than ever before, but music as an artistic output in the mainstream died with the highspeed internet boom and 3G/4G took it down for good. Spotify and co. supply the listener with the throwaway product of the week, why would they buy an album or single?

The audience isn't reachable through art anymore.

Music nowadays is basically just a McDonald's meal.