Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Default It was only a matter of time - USA using Patriot Act against its own citizens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFVQ0...ture=topvideos

Saw this on youtube's home page, so I thought I would post it here.

Quote:
"We have no rights under the Patriot Act to even defend them, because the Patriot Act basically supersedes the Constitution," she said. "It wasn't intended to drag your barely 16-year-old, 120-pound son out in the middle of the night on a charge that we can't even defend."

Reports indicate that at around 10 PM on March 5, FBI agents accompanied by three local police officers “stormed” her Oxford, NC house, presenting her with search warrants, handcuffing the tenth-grader, and seizing a computer, cell phone and bank statements. He is being detained in a juvenile facility in South Bend, Indiana and has been charged with making bomb threats from his computer.

Lundeby’s mother maintains that someone hacked into his IP address and used it to make “crank calls” via the Internet. She says family was at church on February 15, the night in question.

"They're saying that 'we feel this individual is a terrorist or an enemy combatant against the United States, and we're going to suspend all of those due process rights because this person is an enemy of the United States,'" Boyce told the station.

Ashton's mother told the television station, "Never in my worst nightmare did I ever think that it would be my own government that I would have to protect my children from. This is the United States, and I feel like I live in a third world country now."

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?f...w&pageId=97099

Innocent until proven Guilty no longer exists... it's more like Guilty until they decide to let you free.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Default Re: It was only a matter of time - USA using Patriot Act against its own citizens

This is good news.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #3
vapid
Paranoid Android

Default Re: It was only a matter of time - USA using Patriot Act against its own citizens

Can't wait till the day they finally shut doomsday up.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #4
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

it isnt even a question of guilt or innocence anymore....

if they truly trump up false charges against you in order to indefinitely detain you, then they know as well as you do that you havent done anything against the law....

thats why the patriot act exists... in order to supersede the constitution.

they know americans dont even bother to read the damn thing so they call it the patriot act to give the idea that its obviously patriotic and all good americans should support such a law...

they know you dont have any idea what it says......

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 05-07-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

I know man I know... haha i come to ish to forget about this ****... why you gotta spoil my day
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #6
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
This is good news.

How is this good news? Seriously?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #7
TakitoEspanoza
National High School Star

I agree, this is good news.
TakitoEspanoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #8
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakitoEspanoza
I agree, this is good news.

Again... How is this good news?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #9
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
They're saying that 'we feel this individual is a terrorist or an enemy combatant against the United States, and we're going to suspend all of those due process rights because this person is an enemy of the United States,'" Boyce told the station.

^nobody who is serious thinks this is good news

so according to this woman, they went from 'we feel' to 'he is an enemy' in the same sentence before the kid can get a lawyer or get any of his due process.. he can just sit in jail for ever if they want..... they dont have to prove anything...

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 05-07-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #10
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
^nobody who is serious thinks this is good news

Oh yea... I forget that Americans take pride in purposely acting stupid... or they really are stupid.

reminds me of a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6xWGvdRQ9Q
Chicago Tax Day Tea Party - What CNN Did Not Show You Behind The Scenes - Reporter Owned 4/16/09

B!tch gets owned.

you seen this video yet Rasheed?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #11
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
Oh yea... I forget that Americans take pride in purposely acting stupid... or they really are stupid.

reminds me of a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6xWGvdRQ9Q
Chicago Tax Day Tea Party - What CNN Did Not Show You Behind The Scenes - Reporter Owned 4/16/09

B!tch gets owned.

you seen this video yet Rasheed?

youtube is filtered out here... I'll check it when I go home..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: