Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #16
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Default Re: Talking about the emergence of Andrew Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
On r=the other hand Drew is beasting it up out there. At this point I wouldn't want the Lakers to do a Bynum Dwight swap.

I'm not sure I ever did.

Go back and read my posts. Quote me.
I never wanted to deal Bynum for Dwight because Dwight is Dwight. He's not changing. Andrew can be the real deal.
Offensively, he has so much potential, it's crazy. He's also a legitimate 7 footer who plays defense, rebounds, and shot blocks.

He's younger and a lot bigger.
I love Andrew's game

I wouldn't bet my money against the idea that Bynum will be better than Dwight in the next couple of years
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:07 AM   #17
zizozain
hi AJ2k8

see what i mean? Jazz last night
zizozain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #18
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

people b1tch and moan about kobe shooting 20 shots if he's already at such a low percentage during the last game. i honestly don't think 20 shots was that excessive. 3 for 30 would of been different, but 20 shots? honestly who cares. Bynum was fed plenty and obviously should have kicked a few of those out. Makes me wonder what was kobe telling him during the game. i'd love to have an ear in that huddle.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:55 PM   #19
qrich
King Heno

He's been making me eat crow, but have to say, I am enjoying how well he's playing just because this league needs more legit centers. Not only is he crashing the boards but he's also giving solid effort on the defensive side of the court and isn't going into a full black hole mode. If Brown does keep starting Blake, and letting Sessions play with the 2nd unit along with Bynum, I think that would be the best case scenario for Bynum to fully showcase his talents. Only thing that worries me is the past injury issues, but hopefully he's past that and can remain on the court while giving full effort for the rest of his career.

As far as who the best center in the league is, right now, it's Dwight hands down. Bynum is closing the gap, but still a ways to go as he has to prove that he can do it on a consistent basis as Dwight has been doing. And if the Lakers can swap Bynum for Dwight, I'd personally still do it, but is definitely more understandable with the recent play, why a lot of Laker fans won't do it. I just hope next year, Bogut can be healthy and regain his play and Bynum stays healthy as well and also becomes consistent as can be so the league can at least have 3 damn good C's instead of Dwight plus inconsistent/injury prone guys. Maybe Oden as well
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:36 AM   #20
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
He's been making me eat crow, but have to say, I am enjoying how well he's playing just because this league needs more legit centers. Not only is he crashing the boards but he's also giving solid effort on the defensive side of the court and isn't going into a full black hole mode. If Brown does keep starting Blake, and letting Sessions play with the 2nd unit along with Bynum, I think that would be the best case scenario for Bynum to fully showcase his talents. Only thing that worries me is the past injury issues, but hopefully he's past that and can remain on the court while giving full effort for the rest of his career.

As far as who the best center in the league is, right now, it's Dwight hands down. Bynum is closing the gap, but still a ways to go as he has to prove that he can do it on a consistent basis as Dwight has been doing. And if the Lakers can swap Bynum for Dwight, I'd personally still do it, but is definitely more understandable with the recent play, why a lot of Laker fans won't do it. I just hope next year, Bogut can be healthy and regain his play and Bynum stays healthy as well and also becomes consistent as can be so the league can at least have 3 damn good C's instead of Dwight plus inconsistent/injury prone guys. Maybe Oden as well

Hmmmm not sure if srs..
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:22 PM   #21
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Hmmmm not sure if srs..

One can hope .

But no, the door on Oden has to be closed by now and the windows monkey glued shut. I just want more legit centers in the league instead of guys like Eric Dampier, Adonal Foyle, DeSagna Diop, Andris Biedrins, etc. getting these huge contracts due to the lack of centers in the league. Hell even DeAndre Jordan's deal has been :
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:10 AM   #22
dd24
College superstar

I'm not a big fan of Jordan's deal but there are more than just a couple good C's in the league. Of course there's Bynum & Howard. I also like Noah and Chandler for defensive guys in the middle. Bogut could be a beast if he could stay healthy. Nene is a pretty solid guy in the middle. I really like what Hibbert has been doing in Indiana. We can't forget about Marc Gasol too. He's really turned into one of the game's top C's. It also really looks like Pekovic is going to be a good one for the Timberwolves. Kaman has always put up pretty good numbers and consistently too.

While there's definitely no Hakeem, that's a pretty good group of C's that I came up with off the top of my head. I think part of what has happened is when the league expanded it just made it appear there's more of a shortage than what there is. Also up until the past couple years there just wasn't much too. A lot of these guys have just started stepping up their games.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: