Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-22-2006, 11:45 PM   #31
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
without salmons the raptors are going to do worse. I guess the max would now be 35 but it is more likely they will win 30-32.

Damn, Salmons wins 8 games by himself eh? Someone should be dropping 6 mill on this guy then.

Does anyone realize this team has no verbal leaders?

Ford- Quiet
Calderon- Loud as hell but no one gives a ****
Mo Pete- Quiet
Anthony Parker- ???
Joey Graham- Quiet
PJ Tucker- Even if he's a leader no one gon listen
Bosh- Quiet but could step in being the corner stone
Bargnani- itsa mee marrrrrio
Nesterovic- quietest guy in history?
Sow- quiet
Alvin- Has had major surgery multiple times on his teeth and his gums so he cant speak, hes a warrior tho so forgive him, because its not like were playing him 6 mill per

Basically no tru verbal leader
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:51 AM   #32
ice4000
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Damn, Salmons wins 8 games by himself eh? Someone should be dropping 6 mill on this guy then.

no, i never said that the raptors would win 40 games - that was never going to happen. I said 35 in my earlier posting so losing salmons will cost them 3-5 games. And no he would not have won those by himself but he would have given them enough to close out a few more games. Its too bad he backed out but if he doesnt want to be there then **** him. Fred Jones will help - if indi dont match and unless the raptors overpay they will probably match. He wouldnt help as much as salmons but maybe they could win 35 with him. Anyway whoever they get they are not going to win 40 games this year and I would not be surprised if they had a pretty high pick in the lottery. Still as I said before, they will be an exciting team to watch - although probably pretty sloppy and poor defensively - and they will have a lot of potential two or three years from now.
ice4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:15 PM   #33
POTTER21
I usually hit open layups

You guys might think I am crazy, but I think if the raptors are able to sign Fred Jones the Raptors could win between 42-48 games next season. I even think they could squeeze in at the #5-6 spot in the east. BC has torn apart and rebuilt the raptors in less then 2 months and added some much needed depth to this team. With a terrific point guard, and all star PF, and some high quality players from europe, the raptors have a variety of amazing basketball players. If BC is able to sign Fred Jones, he is making the raptors team more athletic, better defending, and more experienced. I have to give mad props to him. Good JOB BC.
POTTER21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:09 PM   #34
nerdsunite
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Agreed...Brian C has done an amazing job rebuilding this team in such a short period. I mean, the team is still far from perfect but I have never seen a team change its roster from a bunch of chumps to a respectable arrangement of players in what seems like overnight. Fred Jones would be wonderful, and at 27 he is just reaching his peak age. If we can sign him for 3 years i think it would be ideal. He hasnt reached his full potential yet and with quality minutes can be a good addition to this team. (15 points a game)
nerdsunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:24 PM   #35
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by POTTER21
You guys might think I am crazy, but I think if the raptors are able to sign Fred Jones the Raptors could win between 42-48 games next season. I even think they could squeeze in at the #5-6 spot in the east. BC has torn apart and rebuilt the raptors in less then 2 months and added some much needed depth to this team. With a terrific point guard, and all star PF, and some high quality players from europe, the raptors have a variety of amazing basketball players. If BC is able to sign Fred Jones, he is making the raptors team more athletic, better defending, and more experienced. I have to give mad props to him. Good JOB BC.

The raps don't exist in a vacuum. There remain other teams that are simply better then us. By losing Salmons and gaining a 6'2" SG, we are now up over .500 and the 5-6 seed?

Detriot, Miami, Chicago, Cleveland, New Jersey, Indy, Washington, Milwaukee....all good teams. Philly with AI should make the playoffs with Carney added. Boston is always a threat to make the playoffs. This isn't even including Orlando and my least favourite team, the Knicks. We have to be realistic.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:30 PM   #36
Bosh4life
Serious playground baller

Alright 43 games book it!
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:22 PM   #37
pirate army
Learning to shoot layups

Assuming a normal season, with F. Jones, in which a couple of the key guys spend a little time on the dl:

pirate army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:51 AM   #38
nerdsunite

yeah, I'd go with a high 30's win total too, ok lets say 39. They will improve greatly from last year, and with Bosh developing another year and better decisions from the point guard going down the stretch of games this year i can see us squeezing out some victories where last year we folded. 10 more wins or so this year, on the brink of the playoffs i think.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:59 AM   #39
Jballer
Local High School Star

i think some of you are a little optamistic..

34 wins.

real nice move going on and positive image no doubt.

but the other teams in the east all improved.

i 'think' the character and maturity of this team just might demonstrate some consistancy. this team will win the games it should and loose the games it should.

no more wins over Miami and then back to back losses to the bobcats or the hawks.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:05 AM   #40
nerdsunite

True that....that made me scratch my head last year, with Okafor injured as well. Should not have happened. We still wont beat the Bulls either . They have had our number for years.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:37 PM   #41
hat
Saw a basketball once

30 to 35... why, they lack depth at the 1 and 2... jones maybe a great player but his time will be short in a raptors jersey (as will be the case for atleast three others). with that said the raps will be a top 3 draft pick team next year and will draft a 5 or a big 2.
hat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: