Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 12:21 AM   #121
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Default Re: Hornets Trade Tyson Chandler to Thunder

Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Jeff Green
Blake Griffin
Tyson Chandler

Pipe dream for OKC fans but damn it MIGHT come true
Old 02-18-2009, 12:36 AM   #122
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOHCP3
But the notion that its going to make CP3 leave town is laughable.

I didn't say it would make Paul leave. I said I hope he leaves that team now that they have gone this direction. I would like him to play where he doesn't have to carry a D-League team on his back every year and waste his prime.

Quote:
His defense will be missed. But his D this season was really poor. He was either in foul trouble or doing everything he could to avoid it.

Once again: I don't care what he did during the season, because that wasn't the issue. I don't like missing him because of what he could bring against specific teams with specific players in the playoffs that Wilcox and Smith clearly won't/can't.

Quote:
The Posey move has not worked out well as of yet. The Hornets have to overpay FA'S to come here. Peja, Posey.

The Posey move was clearly for the playoffs, where a player like him shows his true worth. I don't think he was brought in to make a huge impact in the first half of the year. I would have liked them to at least give it one more try before switching up what they were trying to do. Think about it: the very first playoff appearance for Paul, and they get within a game of the WCF. Doesn't that deserve one more year before doing this deal?

Quote:
Yes there's no real 5 on the team. BIG problem. I dont like the move. But at the end of the day with almost 20 missed games from Chandler were only 3 and a half games back in the division. Im praying that we can move Mo Petes contract but I doubt it.
Again, my issue wasn't trading TC, but the end result of a deal that included him. It was a total abandonment of their direction. That's what bothers me. They went from trying to win the next year or two to trying to rebuild on-the-fly.

Last edited by Showtime : 02-18-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:27 AM   #123
dhenk
Why do you care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Jeff Green
Blake Griffin
Tyson Chandler

Durant back at SG would suck. I think the Thunder will pick a SG, and try to play Green at PF or simply trade him.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #124
the.powerhouse
I usually hit open layups

The Thunder do realise that Chris Paul isn’t included in this trade?
Old 02-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #125
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenk
Durant back at SG would suck. I think the Thunder will pick a SG, and try to play Green at PF or simply trade him.
I don't think we would trade Green just yet. He does need to put on a few pounds to be a legit PF though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.powerhouse
The Thunder do realise that Chris Paul isn’t included in this trade?
Old 02-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #126
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Jeff Green
Blake Griffin
Tyson Chandler

I always see people putting Durant at SG...Does he not play alot better at the SF position?.

It seems to me I'd make more sense if the OKC could get Griffin to trade Green away for some kind of SG prospect or a legit SG.

Westbrook
Prospect SG\Legit SG
Durant
Griffin
Chandler

That's just my take tho.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #127
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I always see people putting Durant at SG...Does he not play alot better at the SF position?.

It seems to me I'd make more sense if the OKC could get Griffin to trade Green away for some kind of SG prospect or a legit SG.

Westbrook
Prospect SG\Legit SG
Durant
Griffin
Chandler

That's just my take tho.
Yeah his numbers are a lot better at SF. I don't think they need to trade Green, he is playing very well. He was in the shadow of Durants 47 with 24 points and 7 rebounds. The Thunder already have a good prospect in Weaver at SG but I think they will draft Harden too, that seems like a solid SG rotation to me.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #128
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobraves
Yeah his numbers are a lot better at SF. I don't think they need to trade Green, he is playing very well. He was in the shadow of Durants 47 with 24 points and 7 rebounds. The Thunder already have a good prospect in Weaver at SG but I think they will draft Harden too, that seems like a solid SG rotation to me.

That makes more sense I guess. The chances of OKC actually landing Griffin are slim but if they actually did I don't see why they wouldn't move Green for a legit SG or maybe just have him come off the bench as the 6th man.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #129
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
That makes more sense I guess. The chances of OKC actually landing Griffin are slim but if they actually did I don't see why they wouldn't move Green for a legit SG or maybe just have him come off the bench as the 6th man.
Yeah thats what I hope happens. If we get Griffin I think we can make the playoffs for sure, even if we don't we still have a chance.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #130
the.powerhouse
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobraves

Agreed, Green has a lot of talent, and could turn into a solid player one day. Might even make a few allstar selections if he works hard and the Thunder become playoff regulars!
Old 02-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #131
JohnRuck
Just Say Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswank
the hornets won't be that much worse really. oklahoma won't be much better. im kind of on board on this for the hornets, they save cash and theyre not losing a superstar. oklahoma is taking a big salary from a completely overrated dude that had a good year or two because of chris paul. sam presti seems like a smart gm, i'm sure he has a plan...but chandler isnt the same sort of player without cp3.

well said sir, well said.
people are freaking out for no reason.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:18 PM   #132
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

LOL, I bet Tyson dogged the physical to cancel the trade
Old 02-18-2009, 11:27 PM   #133
dyna
National High School Star

Breaking News: Thunder Rescind Chandler Trade

Feb 18, 2009 10:53 PM EST
The Hornets and Thunder agreed to a trade that sent Tyson Chandler to Oklahoma City in exchange for Joe Smith, Chris Wilcox and DeVon Hardin.

One day later, the four players will be going back to their original teams.

Thunder Executive Vice President and General Manager Sam Presti announced in a press release on Wednesday evening that the team has rescinded its trade with the Hornets for Chandler.

“We were pleased to add Tyson to the Thunder roster,” said Presti. “During the course of the physical examination and outside consultations some questions arose that gave us cause for concern. We felt that this course of action was the best for our organization.”

Rescinding trades in the NBA is a very rare occurrence. During the summer of 2005, the Nets and Blazers agreed on a trade that sent Shareef Abdur-Rahim to New Jersey, but it was rescinded following a physical examination.

The Cavaliers rescinded a trade involving Mateen Cleaves in a deal with Sacramento in 2002 and they also rescinded a deal for Victor Alexander with the Raptors in 1995.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:48 PM   #134
baseketball4life
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
LOL, I bet Tyson dogged the physical to cancel the trade
lol!

or all of his foot/ankle issues.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:02 AM   #135
JohnnySic
green is good

Awesome news! Now the Thunder can buy out Smith, and he can sign with the Celtics!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:

Closed Thread