Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default The End of Jumanji?

Okay so I just watched this again today for the first time in quite a while.

Two things jump out at me: 1) The animatronics are not great. 2) The ending is horrible.

Not cinematically, but in terms of what happens.

So they finish the game and all the stuff they unleashed goes back inside the game. That part of it is fine.

The time travel is where it gets tricky:

With all of their memories and mental faculties the two from the 60's go back to when they first started playing the game. We know they remember everything because it's a really huge point that the filmmakers make to show that they are now adults trapped in their per-pubecent bodies. Well that kind of sucks now doesn't it?

But whatever, it's no big deal. My issue is this. There are two timelines created because we see that they grow up and get married and life is totally different for everyone else. We know this because the kid's parents are still alive at the end. The kids don't remember since they didn't experience it in this lifetime.

So that means that the kids we see during the whole entire movie DON'T FUCKING EXIST! They have unwritten an entire Universe. Unless the other Universe is never shown. Which would make the game a portal between them all.

But even that's common place amongst these movies. The biggest issue is the game itself. Lets say two Universes exist. Does a game exist in two separate timelines? If so there must be possibly infinite Jumanjis since there should be a new Universe created every time the game is beaten. If it doesn't exist in both timelines that means it's a wormhole that connects all the Universes, and the most dangerous object in existence. Who made it? Why?

Lets say two timelines don't exist. That means the game has to be a vessel, with the power to wipe out an existing Universe! I just was sittin there at the end going:

Idk if any of you have seen this recently but for some reason the implications really stuck me in this one.

Banned

Default Re: The End of Jumanji?

Yo Timmy you a masochist?

It was one of the favorite movies when I was a kid. It sucks when you watch it as an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    It was one of the favorite movies when I was a kid. It sucks when you watch it as an adult.
    i watched the second half of it the other day and i still enjoyed it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Trying to critique the legitimacy of Jumanj....

I would rep you twice if I could. lol

^^ do you like the Shining? If so you should read the various interpretations of the Shining and share your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Shit yeah I love The Shining. I've gone crazy trying to interpret that.

I need to sleep now though
    me too!! that movie is a puzzle, it has so much depth. if you ever feel up to it and post something I'll def. read it

This is what I'm like all the time when I watch shit. I will analyze the mess out of movies. It's just a little mental game I like to play. It bugs my gf.

I could start and maintain a whole thread talking about inefficiencies I see in plots.

Timelines is a big issue and basically sets any time travel theory back indefinitely. Yeah it sucks bro. Sorry for JUmanihi

You think that's bad, how about trying to dissect the timelines in dragon ball z...starting a different universe every time Trunks goes back in time. We've spent many smoking sessions trying to make sense of all of it lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    You think that's bad, how about trying to dissect the timelines in dragon ball z...starting a different universe every time Trunks goes back in time. We've spent many smoking sessions trying to make sense of all of it lol.
    My cousin recently showed me an episode on youtube where instead of dying when frieza blasts bardock he goes back in time somehow, meets friezas ancestor, becomes super saiyan, beats him and thus the legend of the super saiyan. Still don't know if that was real or fan made but it looked real.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Jumanji has been all over my TV channels the last week I was at my apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Jumanji has been all over my TV channels the last week I was at my apartment.
    I'm very sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    I'm very sorry.
    Lol