Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 05-16-2017, 12:46 AM   #46
Keno
College superstar

Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs ECF GT: (1) Boston Celtics vs (2) Cleveland Cavaliers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Based off LeBron. That's what. LeBron could beat this Celtics team with scrubs. Factor in that instead of scrubs he's got Kyrie, Love and shooters=Cavs win easy.

Ok, he shouldn't have said "far superior team" when it's just a far superior player. i see what you mean though.
Keno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:46 AM   #47
RRR3
L3gacy

Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs ECF GT: (1) Boston Celtics vs (2) Cleveland Cavaliers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keno
Ok, he shouldn't have said "far superior team" when it's just a far superior player. i see what you mean though.
LeBron makes them a far superior team so his post wasn't wrong.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:52 AM   #48
Doranku
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
based off what? celtics are the higher seed, celtics have home court advantage, and a 30ppg scorer in IT. it's also arguable that boston has the better role players, coach, etc.

idk ask Vegas

#LeBron and #Cavaliers open as heavy series favorites (-465) over the #Celtics (+361) in East Finals despite not having homecourt. #NBA
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:53 AM   #49
Uncle Drew
3-time NBA All-Star

Cavaliers in 4.
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:17 AM   #50
brownmamba00
Cali Love

cleveland will be rusty the first game. I think if Boston protects homecourt the first 2 games this could get interesting.

Boston is gonna get eaten up on the boards tho Love TT Lebron will be too much.

Cavs in 6
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:27 AM   #51
ImKobe
NBA Legend

IT and Horford need to go off in this series and Bradley has to keep Kyrie in the low 20s...

It won't be a sweep and Boston could push it to 7 but only if Cavs struggle shooting the 3, they need to let Bron shoot 3s he's due for an off night on his J.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:57 AM   #52
Doranku
3-time NBA All-Star

lol @ thinking this will be a competitive series.

Boston simply doesn't have near the talent to compete with the Cavs. Hell, they barely had enough talent to beat the Wall/Beal Wizards. They skirted by on HCA alone basically.

That shit ain't gonna be close to enough to challenge LeBron/Kyrie/Love. Maybe Boston will steal one game, but they aren't winning any more than that.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:33 AM   #53
Naero
The Great Wall of Text

Hard for me not to see the Celtics stealing a game or two given how discrepant the coaching match-ups are, but this is too disadvantageous of match-up for the Celtics for them that I doubt that they'd even win with all-seven games at home—much less with the traditional HCA preponderance.

The Cavaliers' frontcourt will eviscerate the Celtics' on the glass; that is barring anymore shenanigans on Kelly's part, at least. Plus, the Cavaliers outmatch their 3-and-D' depth very well, from what I've seen.

If the Celtics are to have any realistic chance at winning this, they need to win the first-two games at home; they don't want The Q—an underratedly raucous crowd—to smell blood, otherwise. I only see them possibly winning Game 1 if the Cavaliers start off lethargically due to their inordinate amount of resting time and the fact that they've hardly been battle-tested so far, however.

Cavaliers in 6—and that's feeling generous on my part. I'm not sure if we can expect anything more than 1-2 tokenistic wins from the Celtics (similar to the Raptors last year).
Naero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:47 AM   #54
kNIOKAS
There will be plaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naero
Hard for me not to see the Celtics stealing a game or two given how discrepant the coaching match-ups are, but this is too disadvantageous of match-up for the Celtics for them that I doubt that they'd even win with all-seven games at home—much less with the traditional HCA preponderance.

The Cavaliers' frontcourt will eviscerate the Celtics' on the glass; that is barring anymore shenanigans on Kelly's part, at least. Plus, the Cavaliers outmatch their 3-and-D' depth very well, from what I've seen.

If the Celtics are to have any realistic chance at winning this, they need to win the first-two games at home; they don't want The Q—an underratedly raucous crowd—to smell blood, otherwise. I only see them possibly winning Game 1 if the Cavaliers start off lethargically due to their inordinate amount of resting time and the fact that they've hardly been battle-tested so far, however.

Cavaliers in 6—and that's feeling generous on my part. I'm not sure if we can expect anything more than 1-2 tokenistic wins from the Celtics (similar to the Raptors last year).
Smart, articulate, well-rounded

nice to see you post here, Sir
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:11 AM   #55
34-24 Footwork
Before the Groin...

If Boston thinks theyre gonna be just as physical in this series as they were against the Wizards, they're sadly mistaken.

Early foul trouble to Avery Bradley/Thomas will put a couple of games out of reach. Book it.
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:29 AM   #56
Wally450
Cancer

Quote:

They are a far superior team. We've seen it these playoffs. It starts with LeBron. If he's making his teammates around him better than they already are its game over for the C's. Just because Cleveland underachieved during the regular season and Celtics got the 1 seed doesn't mean that Cavs aren't clearly the better team.

Its gonna take IT monster efforts just to grab 1 game from them.
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:00 AM   #57
WallIn
Local High School Star

I'll be original.

Cavs in 4.
WallIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:21 AM   #58
pegasus
€uroInU$A

TT and Kyrie in 4. They don't even need Lebron this series.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:49 AM   #59
PP34Deuce
NBA sixth man of the year

Kyrie will have a tough time because Bradley is lock down and Smart is very good.

Love will have his hands full with Olynik and psychologically, I think Olynik can bother him.

Game 1 will have IT as the hero. He will be going to the basket and just be super aggressive.

At the end of the day, Lebron doesn't have to play defense on Brown or Crowder. He's a roamer with 10 days rest.

If Lebron has the same mindset he had in the first 2 series, this should be done in 5. I think Boston is tougher than the other teams so I say 6.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:07 PM   #60
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Analysis: If the following happens, then the Celtics win:
  • Isaiah Thomas is the best player on the court.
  • The tough Celtics' perimeter defenders control LBJ, limit him to 25, 8, 6 and keep Irving & Love to their season averages, and stop Korver from hitting his threes.

The Celtics have been solid so far - surviving a 0-2 deficit to beat the Bulls, tho Rondo's injury actually turned that series around. They just srivived a 7 game deathmatch versus the hottest team in the Eastern Conference.

However, the Cavaliers will win because of the following reasons:
  • LBJ is playing at an all-time great level (34.4 ppg, 9rpg, 7apg, at 55.7% FG).
  • They also have a great cast: Irving (24 ppg, 6apg) is turning into the next Boston Strangler by hitting clutch shots. Love has flourished as the third option (14ppg, 9rpg while hitting 40% from 3) in the playoffs. Korver has been shredding nets at 48.5% from three, preventing defenses from double-teaming LBJ or Irving or Love.
  • They are a stout rebounding team, and that will come in play versus the Celtics' laughably poor efforts (27th in the league). Since the Cavaliers are the deadlier team from three, the Celtics can't do diddly-poo unless they generate extra possessions through turnovers or rebounding.

Cleveland in 6
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: