Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-16-2011, 09:30 PM   #16
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Chris Paul

TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #17
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

I'm confused. Not sure if you're for or against CP3...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:39 PM   #18
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
So, you are bringing up some of his best games of the season to highlight his play like he's back to 2008 form, when those kinds of games were a nightly occurrence a few years ago? Great logic there.
His best 5 games are his last 5 games. The fact that this coincides pretty closely with the removal of his knee brace is enough to suggest he is back.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #19
chips93

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickswin
No. We act like stars who say at Carmelo Anthony's wedding that they are going to try to go to the Knicks are going to go to the Knicks.

cap space
Old 03-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #20
Christofire
Banned

Christofire has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Glad to hear our future point guard is playing well
Deron Williams is the Best Pg, but i'm so glad to see Paul playing like paul again. I questioned whether or not he could regain his form. I'm really glad to see that he's back on his grind. No more passive overly cautios play he's doing his thing
Christofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #21
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
cap space

Knicks should have cap space for CP3 unless something really bizarre happens with the CBA.

players knicks will have under contract summer of 2012:

Amar'e Stoudemire
Carmelo Anthony
Renaldo Balkman
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #22
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
No. We act like stars who say at Carmelo Anthony's wedding that they are going to try to go to the Knicks are going to go to the Knicks.
You realize that at the time he said that, Hornets were owned by the stingiest owner in the league. They had a GM/Coach with no coaching experienced and the leanest front office in the league. Their scouting department was 2 brothers who didn't travel. Even though they still don't have an owner they are now a legit organization. He likes the new GM and has recently said Monty is the best coach in the league. He's not really dying to get out like people make him out to be. Resigning isn't out of the realm of possibility.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #23
hkfosho
National High School Star

hkfosho has not been impressing people

Quote:
mindfuk: Chris Paul wasn't in his prime in 2008 either. Sadly, his efficiency and shooting ability has improved, only that has come along with injuries. So we never got to see Paul's physical peak combined with his IQ and skill peak.

Rose's ceiling > Paul's
hkfosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:57 PM   #24
yobore
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobore
His best 5 games are his last 5 games. The fact that this coincides pretty closely with the removal of his knee brace is enough to suggest he is back.
bump
Old 03-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #25
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobore
You realize that at the time he said that, Hornets were owned by the stingiest owner in the league. They had a GM/Coach with no coaching experienced and the leanest front office in the league. Their scouting department was 2 brothers who didn't travel. Even though they still don't have an owner they are now a legit organization. He likes the new GM and has recently said Monty is the best coach in the league. He's not really dying to get out like people make him out to be. Resigning isn't out of the realm of possibility.

You've mentioned this before. We'll see. I still see a New Orleans with an extremely weak supporting cast. And I'm saying this more because I think it will happen than I want it to happen. I'm still not sure getting Chris Paul would be the best move for this team considering we would have a hard time also adding a decent center.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So, you are bringing up some of his best games of the season to highlight his play like he's back to 2008 form, when those kinds of games were a nightly occurrence a few years ago? Great logic there.

CP3 never stopped being the best PG in my book. Thats the point. People soured on him for silly reasons and will be back in his corner. I better not see you doing that either. You can keep bringing up this physical peak all gone awww all all gone. Yet I see a PG still being able to do great things. Maybe you're butt hurt he cant do greater (whatever that may be, like avg 4-5 more ppg?) things. I'll appreciate the fact that this dude is still productive across the board leading a team that has who again? Run me those All star studs? Sorry CP3 cant rise like Derrick Rose or Russell Westbrook. Still aint putting either over him. Regardless of your physical peak all gone argument you repeatedly spew out anytime CP3 is mentioned. Pucker up.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #27
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkfosho
Rose's ceiling > Paul's
paul's skills>>rose's skills

once athleticism declines, rose wont be close to as effective. paul will have better career
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:06 PM   #28
hkfosho
National High School Star

hkfosho has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
paul's skills>>rose's skills

once athleticism declines, rose wont be close to as effective. paul will have better career

get back to me when he wins an MVP award and are cruising to become the first seed in their conference. Looks like Rose is going to have a better resume than paul by the end of this season... already...
hkfosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #29
FKAri
Good college starter

FKAri is considered somewhat coolFKAri is considered somewhat coolFKAri is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkfosho
Rose's ceiling > Paul's

How? People act like athleticism and size are the only things that can't be taught. I'm sure I can take any guy with Steve Nash's size and athleticism and just get him to playmake like Nash with some practice.
FKAri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #30
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

CP3 is certainly one of the top pg's in the game. He is a true pg who can get others involved and run a team. His knee injuries have slowed him down somewhat, but he is still one of the most productive points in the game. He is in the playoff run with a very poor personnel team. Pg's nowadays are not the point guards of old. Moreso combo scoring guards.

As much as I like his game, I would take Deron Williams bc Deron is a bigger pg, can be more physical, and he is a team leader. He can get others involved while carrying a scoring load. Not that Paul can't do these things, I just like bigger point guards. And Dwill is leading the Nets and having success. he hasnt found his shot yet but he is making those guys better
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: