Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-10-2007, 12:12 AM   #1
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool
Default Jermaine O'Neal Denies Reports He Wants To Be Traded

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS -- Jermaine O'Neal respects the Indiana Pacers too much to demand a trade, despite his frustrations over missing the playoffs for the first time in his seven seasons with the team.

O'Neal said in an interview Wednesday that he has spoken with Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh once since the season ended, but trade talk never entered the conversation. He said there is nothing to reports that he's pushing to be reunited with his old coach Isiah Thomas at the New York Knicks.

"That's just somebody that's putting out speculation," O'Neal told The Associated Press. "That didn't come from the Pacers, and that didn't come from me."

O'Neal, who underwent knee surgery two weeks ago, has been the subject of trade talk since the Pacers (35-47) missed the playoffs for the first time in 10 years.

O'Neal averaged 19.4 points, 9.6 rebounds and 2.6 blocks in one of the best seasons of his 11-year career, but he's the team's top commodity if it chooses to rebuild.

The Pacers have fired coach Rick Carlisle.

O'Neal was close to Thomas when he coached the Pacers, before he was fired four years ago in favor of Carlisle. O'Neal acknowledges that he could be traded but denied a Chicago Tribune report that he had made such a request.

"They gave me the opportunity to build my name and status in this league," O'Neal said of the Pacers. "It's disrespectful to them to be commenting about it. I haven't made any demands or anything like that.

"There's not going to be anymore speculation," he said. "It's all going to be false speculation. I'm going to let the process take its course."

O'Neal grew frustrated with the Pacers struggles during the season. During the team's 11-game losing streak late in the season, the normally accommodating star stopped speaking to reporters.

The Pacers entered the season with high hopes. But after a mediocre start, they made an eight-player trade in January that included Al Harrington and Stephen Jackson going to the Golden State Warriors for Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy. The adjustment to new players and injuries to O'Neal, swingman Marquis Daniels and point guard Jamaal Tinsley took a toll, and Indiana went 15-29 after the trade.

Despite that, O'Neal said after the season that the Pacers "will win" if they put the right pieces around him in the offseason.

O'Neal said he's feeling good after having surgery to repair the torn meniscus in his left knee that left him hobbled the last two months of the season.

"I'm doing great," he said. "There's still some swelling from the operation, but it's gone down significantly. I'm ahead of schedule, and my strength is coming back to normal."

O'Neal said he plans to start riding a stationary bike soon and expects his rehab to be complete in about a month. From there, he plans to swim to give the knee additional strength and improve his overall conditioning.

He wouldn't mind wearing a Pacers uniform after recovering, but he's ready to move on if he's traded.

"If it comes down to me being the piece they need to retool, so be it," he said. "I stand behind Donnie. I'm going to let him determine the situation."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2865747
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:25 AM   #2
Laker's Future
Banned

Laker's Future has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal Denies Reports He Wants To Be Traded

That's everything that he's appose to say. Before he gets traded.

Not that I really want him on the team.
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:53 AM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Let queen of the courts read this now so he can see that nothing was talked about with the knicks.

It's even quoted by Jermaine too
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:10 AM   #4
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker's Future

This coming from a guy that thinks Bynum and Farmar are the future.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:55 PM   #5
Laker's Future
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
This coming from a guy that thinks Bynum and Farmar are the future.

What's your problem.

Quote:

What did I say to a negative response from a kid like you.

And so what if I believe Bynum and Farmar we be a big part of the Laker's Future, I know it's not a guarantee that they will be, but it's not a guarantee that they won't.

Both are young and show a lot of promise.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:06 PM   #6
laker1nation
Can barely lace up my sneakers

laker1nation has an OK reputation so far

For so cal listeners there going 2 have Jim Buss on the Loose Cannons I just heard!!! Maybe they will get something out of him!!!!
laker1nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by laker1nation
For so cal listeners there going 2 have Jim Buss on the Loose Cannons I just heard!!! Maybe they will get something out of him!!!!
WHAT TIME????

I WANT TO HEAR GODDAMNIT HURRY UP AND TELL ME!!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #8
Laker's Future
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
WHAT TIME????

I WANT TO HEAR GODDAMNIT HURRY UP AND TELL ME!!!!

Don't use Gods name in Vain! lol

Quote:

And when you guys find out make a thread or something so we can know the news! If there is any?
Old 05-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker's Future
Don't use Gods name in Vain! lol
And when you guys find out make a thread or something so we can know the news! If there is any?

K !!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #10
laker1nation
Can barely lace up my sneakers

laker1nation has an OK reputation so far

He Canceled!!!! I'll post a thread when I here again!!!!
laker1nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:32 PM   #11
Laker's Future
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
I have never really read a lot about sam smith and his articles, but thanks for telling me about him. The only guys I really trust are ESPN people becase most of the time there right about trades and stuff.

Stop Bumping the thread up! lol :
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: