Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Deadspin: Manti Te

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Happens everyday. I saw a story of a girl who dated a guy for 10 YEARS online without ever meeting him.

And your assumption that he was somehow using this story for media attention is just that, an assumption. Sounds to me like the guy just got played.
    well we do know he used the story for attention considering that both he and the school have known since December yet they still answered questions about her death.

Banned

wow this is so ****ing embarrassing

Banned

I hope some comedians cook this clown for gettin dogged like that. It's hilarious and he deserves it imo. Know where u stand in the grand scheme of the organization (in this case academic institution) you represent before using foolish judgment like this and being a guillable softy

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    well we do know he used the story for attention considering that both he and the school have known since December yet they still answered questions about her death.

Trying to cover up the incident doesn't seem like looking for attention to me.

Not sure why you guys are so surprised. This stuff happens everyday. Have none of you watched the show Catfish? The entire show is based around people playing other people online. Some of these people create entire fake social networks, and have multiple people in on the scams.

The reason that people do it seems to vary. Some do it as a mean prank. Some people do it for some sort of self-fulfillment. And, of course, some do it to scam people out of money.
    Find me a story like this where a high profile sports athlete was duped by not only calling a female he never met his girlfriend. But going as far as to say I love her? Its not surprising someone could get duped on the internet. Its been done, continues to be done. I dont need to watch Catfish to know about getting duped because I was on a messageboard where a female did this exact same thing. She was from Australia. Thing is she has new photos and everything. Had guys really interested in her, one going as far as to purchase a ticket to go meet this brawd until she made up a story he had to cancel. Then a couple peoples exposed the hell out of her. Irrelevant story short. To the normal human beings? Far from surprising.

When it involves a high profile athlete? It makes you wonder how its possible. It also makes you wonder what kind of guy Teo is that he has p*ssy at his fingertips yet chooses this anonymous females he never met to be his girl. All over campus, around campus, traveling cities. All types of social functions. Females everywhere and he is the popular jock. Yet he gets duped? To the point he loved her and shed tears talkin about her? Come on man.

What next Kevin Durant comes out and shares how he was duped last season the same way as Teo?

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

well, yesterday I was pretty sure Manti was gay, it was the only thing that made sense to me at all.

after today's developments, I am pretty convinced Manti was just genuinely duped by someone who had WAY too much time on their hands along with the help of a female for phone conversations...

man...Manti must be a very socially awkward and extremely shy male...which is very strange because he is the leader and star of the ND football team...he is probably so embarrassed right now that he is considering suicide.

He is going to need to find a sense of humor about this, and laugh at himself, because this is going to haunt him for the rest of his life.

And I am not sure how he is going to be a leader on an NFL team...I am thinking it will be hard for teammates to take him seriously now.

Radio show today had him going in the first round to the Steelers...

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    I hope some comedians cook this clown for gettin dogged like that. It's hilarious and he deserves it imo. Know where u stand in the grand scheme of the organization (in this case academic institution) you represent before using foolish judgment like this and being a guillable softy

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    well, yesterday I was pretty sure Manti was gay, it was the only thing that made sense to me at all.

after today's developments, I am pretty convinced Manti was just genuinely duped by someone who had WAY too much time on their hands along with the help of a female for phone conversations...

man...Manti must be a very socially awkward and extremely shy male...which is very strange because he is the leader and star of the ND football team...he is probably so embarrassed right now that he is considering suicide.

He is going to need to find a sense of humor about this, and laugh at himself, because this is going to haunt him for the rest of his life.

And I am not sure how he is going to be a leader on an NFL team...I am thinking it will be hard for teammates to take him seriously now.

Radio show today had him going in the first round to the Steelers...
    Do you write the stories for the Lifetime channel? He can bounce from this. First he needs to make sure that he is telling the truth. That he had no part of the hoax. That he never claimed to have met her. Etc etc etc Just say we never met physically. Letters, phone calls, internet was the only means. Make light of and accept all the jokes that follow. He should laugh at himself. You actually think people in the huddle are going to worry about him being duped vs leading the team on the field defensively? You cant be serious.

Ray Lewis was involved in a double murder. He is now beloved. Players have bounced back from much much worse circumstances than some silly internet drama. If this drama breaks him then he doesnt need to play football. Find a new career. Once you're on the football field your teammates not gonna give a crap about this.

He is a herb and deserves to be clowned by fans, comedians and such

You are right he must be a socially awkward mofo and real shy/timid. Only way I can explain why he as a football star would get caught up in some chick online he'd never met. Yet hot blonds are on campus waiting to get sacked.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

You actually think people in the huddle are going to worry about him being duped vs leading the team on the field defensively? You cant be serious.
    I think teammates will give him a hard time about it...and clown on him. I think it will be in the back in their minds, sure. Locker rooms can be harsh as hell.

No one gave Ray any flak because murder is serious shit...but just like Ray, if Manti were to be the leader on a SB winning team, it would probably erase everyone's thoughts on him and his invisible girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Find me a story like this where a high profile sports athlete was duped by not only calling a female he never met his girlfriend. But going as far as to say I love her? Its not surprising someone could get duped on the internet. Its been done, continues to be done. I dont need to watch Catfish to know about getting duped because I was on a messageboard where a female did this exact same thing. She was from Australia. Thing is she has new photos and everything. Had guys really interested in her, one going as far as to purchase a ticket to go meet this brawd until she made up a story he had to cancel. Then a couple peoples exposed the hell out of her. Irrelevant story short. To the normal human beings? Far from surprising.

When it involves a high profile athlete? It makes you wonder how its possible. It also makes you wonder what kind of guy Teo is that he has p*ssy at his fingertips yet chooses this anonymous females he never met to be his girl. All over campus, around campus, traveling cities. All types of social functions. Females everywhere and he is the popular jock. Yet he gets duped? To the point he loved her and shed tears talkin about her? Come on man.

What next Kevin Durant comes out and shares how he was duped last season the same way as Teo?

Him being an NFL prospect certainly makes it a story. I don't see how being a College athlete makes him less likely to be duped online, especially with an elaborate hoax perpetrated by 3 or more people.

And what does being a popular jock have to do with anything? Just because he had some online gf, doesn't mean he wasn't bangin random broads on the side.

As for pro athletes being duped, I'm sure it happens all the time. How many pro athletes accidentally end up in bed with trannies on road trips? I would guess more than a handful every year.

Him being an NFL prospect certainly makes it a story. I don't see how being a College athlete makes him less likely to be duped online, especially with an elaborate hoax perpetrated by 3 or more people.

And what does being a popular jock have to do with anything? Just because he had some online gf, doesn't mean he wasn't bangin random broads on the side.

As for pro athletes being duped, I'm sure it happens all the time. How many pro athletes accidentally end up in bed with trannies on road trips? I would guess more than a handful every year.
    Popular jock means you got females on ur jock some who are secretly on your jock, admiring you from afar. People who you dont know, know of you. With that comes open doors of snatch from various backgrounds. Yet you fall in love literally with a chick online that you never met physically? I've never heard of it. You never heard of it. Lets just be real.

I doubt he was bangin chicks on the side if he was in love with a female he never met. Being duped as a high profile college athlete doesnt happen. Being that it did? It should never happen. Lots of females to pick from you can physically touch vs some chick on the other side of the country you never met.

If Kevin Durant came out and said he was duped last season in similar fashion you wouldnt find that surprising? Come on.

A bigtime college athlete? I cant see being duped for obvious reasons. Mind boggling.

Meanwhile the QB for Alabama who isnt as popular as Teo has Miss Alabama. Teo has a chick that he never met in life. It doesnt add up my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yet you fall in love literally with a chick online that you never met physically? I've never heard of it. You never heard of it. Lets just be real.

Never heard of it? It happens everyday. There is even a show based around people falling in love online with people they have never met. Many of them have relationships for years without meeting face to face.

No, I don't get it, but it's become quite common since the rise of social online interaction (myspace/facebook/twitter/etc.).

Never heard of it? It happens everyday. There is even a show based around people falling in love online with people they have never met. Many of them have relationships for years without meeting face to face.

No, I don't get it, but it's become quite common since the rise of social online interaction (myspace/facebook/twitter/etc.).
    I already explained countless times that this type of stuff happens. What I never heard of is high profile athletes, celebs being duped. You're isolating my comments thinking I'm talkin in general. I'm specifically saying Teo being a high profile college football athlete should never be duped. Johnny Football should never be duped. I've never heard of star athletes duped. Have you?

Forget the average joe's for a second. Lets focus on star sport athletes. Its a difference to me.

Edit: I want to clarify being duped in the sense of meeting an online chick you never met, never saw physically even on web cam etc and falling in love. In the sense Teo was duped is what I'm speaking on only.
    Last edited by GOBB; 01-18-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Da Mavs

The facts aren't out there yet..but the latest is that the guy behind the hoax confessed and says Te'o wasn't involved.

That leaves the 3-4 times since Dec. 6th (when he supposedly found out) that he mentioned her and played along...but I could see that as him playing along for the sake of not being embarassed.

At first I was completely sure he was a part of this...but now I'm not so sure....