Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: After 15 years, I've officially given up...

nothing will ever replace your 1st favorite team, and/or home team. Only way you can honestly stop being
    a Raptors fan is if you move to an NBA city in the US or if you were never a true Raptors die hard.

This is what happens when a team is happy staying mediocre. The Raptors shouldn't be going for Rudy Gay they should be tanking it hard for draft picks.

Just imagine if they got a top pick this year, then luck out and get Wiggins in 2014. The path they're on is getting first round draft picks from 10-15.

High School Varsity 6th Man NLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    You really consider that a bandwagon fan? After watching about 70% of 15 years of losing seasons, and making a hole in my wall after Carter missed that game winner against the sixers? And buying countless memorabilia throughout the years?

I don't think rooting for one team for 15years, that's not even in your city and finally being fed up is the definition of a bandwagon fan
    You're no longer welcome to be a Raptors fan, bye bye now. You're more of a loser than this team

I've been a Nets fan since 1991. I probably would have bailed if I actually grew up in a place where I could watch them with regularity. I followed the team in the newspaper and video games. The cable packages came along just in time for The Kidd Era, so I got a nice present for being their during The Yinka Dare Era.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Troutfisch's Avatar

Why can't you remain a Raps fan, and simply find a second team to root for?

Personally I'm both a Rockets and Spurs fan, been rooting for both teams for like 15 years now.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    Why wouldn't we? It's not like Lakers fans are going to start claiming Clippers titles if they win one this year. It's not like the T-wolves fans are claiming those titles. Lakers fans root for the lakers, lol. If they changed names or something, yeah it wouldn't make sense. Like if the Detroit Gems won a title before they became the Lakers, yeah it would be ridiculous to claim those. There's a fairly clear lineage between the teams. Lol, are the New Jersey Nets fans supposed to pretend that their team is dead now that they've moved towns?

If you want to talk about broken lineages, what about the fact that the Clippers used to be the Celtics and vice versa?
    should the thunder be allowed to claim the supersonics titles? They had the same players on the squad the very next year in OKC. The name change is irrelevant IMO. A franchise that has relocated shouldnt be able to claim the prior titles or, at the very least, they should have an asterisk.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    You're picking a helluva time to jump ship imo. Gay/Derozan/Lowry/Amir, not too bad. If this team sticks together for a few years and waits it out for the super teams to die out, they'll contend.
    this is sheer ignorance. What in the world makes you think that core 4 is anywhere close to making the playoffs, let alone "contending".

I can only take certain amounts of Raptors' suckage before I watch another team. I watch a lot of Hawks and Miami games to offset the garbage, no direction franchise we have in Toronto.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    should the thunder be allowed to claim the supersonics titles? They had the same players on the squad the very next year in OKC. The name change is irrelevant IMO. A franchise that has relocated shouldnt be able to claim the prior titles or, at the very least, they should have an asterisk.
    They actually did claim the titles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_Thunder

The Lakers have a greater claim to their titles than the Thunder do. At least they kept the name. Why is the name change so irrelevant and the location change so important? What's the logic behind it? I root for the Lakers, an the Lakers won those titles.

The Golden State warrios aren't allowed to claim anything they did in San Francisco or Philadelphia? The Raiders aren't allowed to claim what they did in LA? So those years in LA the Raiders were a different team that no longer exists?

Instead of just saying it shouldn't count, explain why they shouldn't. Make an argument.

FYI usually the titles do have an asterisk. In fact in the stadium the MLPS titles are all together on a separate banner and don't have their own like the LA titles.

NBA rookie of the year

I remember when there was a huge Bryan Colangelo on this board..

I don't understand why people think they have to have a favorite team. Just be a fan of basketball in general. It's ok to have multiple favorites.

Or Just follow teams that have your favorite players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    I remember when there was a huge Bryan Colangelo on this board..
    LOL this.

I remember back in 06 when i joined ISH there was a HUGE raptors fanbase on here. Like literally the biggest fanbase on the whole board who were all very commited to riding Colangelo's nuts. VERY commited. Colangelo was essentially seen as a FO genius by the fans; I remember "In BC we trust" user titles, Colangelo avis, etc. Oh how the Craptors have fallen

Fairweather fanbase if i've ever seen one, like many canadian franchises. Hardly even a fan presence on ISH anymore smh. Raptors fans used to claim they were a superior franchise to the Knicks Garbage ass fans when Knicks fans never left

Skywalker where you at!!!! f@ggot!

the nuggets wagon is always open

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    LOL this.

I remember back in 06 when i joined ISH there was a HUGE raptors fanbase on here. Like literally the biggest fanbase on the whole board who were all very commited to riding Colangelo's nuts. VERY commited. Colangelo was essentially seen as a FO genius by the fans; I remember "In BC we trust" user titles, Colangelo avis, etc. Oh how the Craptors have fallen

Fairweather fanbase if i've ever seen one, like many canadian franchises. Hardly even a fan presence on ISH anymore smh. Raptors fans used to claim they were a superior franchise to the Knicks Garbage ass fans when Knicks fans never left

if you knew anything about the Raptors franchise you'd know that BC is only a symptom of the problem with the Raptors.

If you knew anything about the Raptors franchise you'd know that complacency within MLSE has always been the root cause of the problem.

If you knew anything about the franchise you'd know that up until last year the majority shareholders in MLSE were the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan which prevented the Raptors from taking any big risks on expensive players, only to settle for a lot of mediocre ones.

If you knew anything about the franchise you'd know that nothing has motivated MLSE to change their philosophy on the team because Raptors games are very well attended, and until last year, sold out very regularly. Why have an expensive team when a mediocre team will make the same amount of money, and generate a bigger profit.

If you knew anything about Raptors fans on this forum you'd know that their beef is with MLSE, and Colangelo, as their lackey, is just a face to put that blame on.

Do yourself a favor and try not to embarrass yourself again, because it's clear, you dont know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers

There is plenty of Raptor fans that still post on here and support the team, just because a few might leave doesn't mean the whole fan base is like that. Don't act like NY hasn't had fans ditch them either, its just harder to notice as more NY fans post on here now that Melo got traded to the team.

So stop being an idiot and judging a whole fan base on the actions of a few, while completely ignore the same events happening on your own team.