Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: Who Wins? College vs Euro

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    Fernandez isn't going to be as good as Casspi. Why was Casspi sitting on the bench in the first half, he scored 10 straight points against Olympiacos in the second. Is israel runned by an incompantant junta and maccabi part of it.
    Casspi sucks, he couldn't even lead the most talented Israeli high school team to a national title. He plays for himself, gets way too many calls, and won't succeed much further than playing for a ****ty Maccabi team who are a shadow of what they used to be.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Casspi sucks, he couldn't even lead the most talented Israeli high school team to a national title. He plays for himself, gets way too many calls, and won't succeed much further than playing for a ****ty Maccabi team who are a shadow of what they used to be.
    That's High School who cares. And as bad as maccabi is maccabi is still a better run organization than most nba teams. At least maccabi didn't destroy a once in a generation center's career by shear ineptitude.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    I usually don't bother to rank players after only 7-8 games have been played. But that's not what I said. I said that, even if we accept him as top-100, Rudy in Europe was much higher ranked than top-100.

Look at the rankings at this thread, about the top-10 Europeans of 2008 not in the NBA. Rudy is in practically anyone's list, including your choice as #1:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66428
    you say you dont rank but you have already ranked him outside the top 100 or just inside whichever of your interpretations. Off course Rudy would be ranked higher in europe.No one in their right mind would say that the pool of talent is greater in europe.What I am saying is that they are not comparable,they are different games,plus the thread was about college and europe.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Rudy Fernandez is doing well because he's a complete player, in shape and prepared for the season. If nba guy was really honest they would admit most nba players aren't all of the above. The quality is so bad that Rudy Fernandez has teammates that shoot like girls.

Euro now.

That's why Olympics and FIBA started letting NBA players play in International in the first place.

Banned

Anyone who thinks a college team from the US could beat a Euroleague team has NEVER EVER NEVER EVER watched a Euroleague game.