Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: The NHL and why it sucks

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Honestly after all the lockouts I'm surprised Hockey is doing as well as it is. The game is infused with a lot of young talent and we've seen some great Hockey from teams like LA, Chi, Bos and Det and Ana a few years ago. It really helps that the best teams and players are in big market areas as well.
    Most Americans don't grow up watching hockey or having it be major thing in their house so they don't truly see how awesome it is once someone takes them to a game.

Once people go see a live game, many get hooked. They love how awesome and fast it is in person. When I lived in Souhern PA for a stretch, I single handedly turned like 10+ people into pretty big hockey fans who didn't care previously just from taking them to games in big groups and stuff.

Earned not given

The NHL doesn't suck. Hockey is fun to watch on tv and in person, even though I only know a handful of players. I know two other people in person that are fans but that doesn't change the way I think about it.

Banned

The NHL is a far superior league to the NBA and this is coming from someone that prefers basketball as a sport to hockey.

NBA fans are generally uneducated retards, or little kids. You go to a game. If you sit up top your surrounded by teens and retards. If you sit in the bottom deck your surrounded by corporate dudes that dont know shit about the game.

Meanwhile at the NHL games the fans are great. Everyone is knowledgeable about the team, no inferior ugly ****s at the games, great atmosphere. I love it. The NHL is probably the top north american sport to be passionate about. The only reason the NFL is more popular is because there is only 1 game a week as opposed to 82 in hockey.

oh and did I mention how only 4 teams matter in the NBA? In the NHL you have a shot at winning the Cup as an 8th seed. Kings did it just a few years ago.

NHL players play games with their heart. NBA players dont give a **** because like I previously said 90% of the league is irrelevant. NBA players = most mentally weak professional athletes of the 4 NA leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    The NHL is a far superior league to the NBA and this is coming from someone that prefers basketball as a sport to hockey.

NBA fans are generally uneducated retards, or little kids. You go to a game. If you sit up top your surrounded by teens and retards. If you sit in the bottom deck your surrounded by corporate dudes that dont know shit about the game.

Meanwhile at the NHL games the fans are great. Everyone is knowledgeable about the team, no inferior ugly ****s at the games, great atmosphere. I love it. The NHL is probably the top north american sport to be passionate about. The only reason the NFL is more popular is because there is only 1 game a week as opposed to 82 in hockey.

oh and did I mention how only 4 teams matter in the NBA? In the NHL you have a shot at winning the Cup as an 8th seed. Kings did it just a few years ago.

NHL players play games with their heart. NBA players dont give a **** because like I previously said 90% of the league is irrelevant. NBA players = most mentally weak professional athletes of the 4 NA leagues.
    now this, is the fukking truth.........NBA is all about $$ for the players, NHL is all about the cup for the players

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana

The reason that an 8th seed can beat a 1 seed in hockey, is that the sport is so heavily reliant on goaltending, similar to how baseball is dependent on pitching. In baseball, the lower seed can win at almost any time as well, due to having a hot pitching staff.

In basketball, there is no 1 player that can completely control the offense or defense, the way a pitcher or goaltender can control the defense.

BTW, most of the NHL is irrelevant, and will never win the Cup. Just like the NBA has their continual doormats, the NHL has them also. The Columbus Blue Jackets haven't finished abover 3rd in the division for the like the past decade and a half. The Toronto Maple Leafs haven't won the Cup since like 1950. Just because for a few random years there was a mix of teams winning, doesn't mean there is actual parity in the sport.

Baseball has worst to firsts happening all the time, but no one champions the parity in baseball. The Boston Red Sox were in last place 2 years, and last year won the World Series.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic

BTW, most of the NHL is irrelevant, and will never win the Cup. Just like the NBA has their continual doormats, the NHL has them also.
    Last eight years there has been only one team to win twice that is the Blackhawks.

8 years, 6 different winners, 12 different finalists.

In the same time span the NBA have 5 different winners and 7 different finalists.

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    I can see the Raptors being more popular than the Maple Leafs in 50 years time.

Probably the most hilarious thing I've read in here. The Leafs haven't won a title since 1967 and haven't been back to the Cup Finals since that time. Since I've been in the city long enough, I know that no matter what achievements the Raptors might get in the future will never EVER reach the popularity of the Leafs.

Toronto is a hockey city first and will NOT change. There's just too much history for the fans to stop switching tunes from the Leafs to the Raptors and if both teams start dominating decades, the Leafs are getting the headlines over any Toronto team.

As much I hate the ownership, the Raptors would have probably suffered the same fate as the Grizzlies did in 01 if not for them getting the fan support and the continued popularity of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    BTW, most of the NHL is irrelevant, and will never win the Cup. Just like the NBA has their continual doormats, the NHL has them also. The Columbus Blue Jackets haven't finished abover 3rd in the division for the like the past decade and a half. The Toronto Maple Leafs haven't won the Cup since like 1950.
    Yes, 2 teams = most of the NHL is irrelevant. The Blues were predicated by most to win the Stanley Cup and they haven't even won a Stanley Cup Finals game yet (have been swept like 3 times in the Finals).

Who think Columbus is relevant in the NHL ? Toronto isn't relevant now ? What a difference a year makes:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...9&postcount=55

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    No, just no. Absolutely not. The Stanley Cup is somewhere in between a 1st round Western Conference and a 2nd round Eastern Conference matchup at best.
    completely disagree. the intensity of the nhl playoffs isn't match by the other NA sports. Also the Cup finals has had a pretty good stretch of great match ups for the last few seasons unlike the WS and NBA finals.

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    No, just no. Absolutely not. The Stanley Cup is somewhere in between a 1st round Western Conference and a 2nd round Eastern Conference matchup at best.
    ^The nadir of this thread