Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Grizzlies, Allen Iverson agree to part ways! Team will waive Iverson

This is quite literally quitting on your team. Vince Carter has nothing on Iverson now.

Default Re: Grizzlies, Allen Iverson agree to part ways! Team will waive Iverson

AI has had a good career, if I were him I'd quit to. He's accomplished a lot in this league, he's going out with his head still up.

You know....I was saying earlier that we (Bobcats) didn't need AI; but now that he's a free agent what the hell lets get him. I still don't think we need him with Felton, Augustin and Jax handling the ball, plus Flip Murray as our scoring guard off the bench, added with the fact that we need to find some minutes for our 1st round pick Gerald Henderson.

But seeing how adding AI would probably go over beautifully with Jax, and should do wonders for making a Bobcats ticket a main attraction here in the Carolinas I say its worth it. And if AI acts up we can always waive him.

The cancer is cured, Grizzlies will start winning.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Cancer can't be cured. It goes away and comes back

Riiiiiiiight....Just like they've been winning so far without him, right? That team is screwed either way.

Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph were waived too??

Banned

Im split on this.

Iverson is really quitting on this team without giving it time to see how things would turn out, of course things would turn out bad, but at least he should've made an effort to return to the Grizzlies.

The Grizzlies shouldn't have signed Iverson for the purpose of ticket sales, if they weren't going to give him an opportunity to start as he should have over Mike Conley, why bring him in? The fact Heisley told Iverson they were trying to win a championship is an even bigger joke.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph were waived too??
    Heisley should've also announced he was selling the team.

Hes without question the biggest cancer to our team.

McCants is Available!!

The Hornets need Chris Paul and they can get him for cheap. Chris Paul needs help.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    The fact Heisley told Iverson they were trying to win a championship is an even bigger joke.
    I know Iverson's a pothead, but how much weed would you have to smoke to have believed, 3 months ago, that the Grizzlies were trying to win the championship?

No, this is not a rhetorical question. I'm actually asking you to visualize the amount of weed you think would be needed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    The Hornets need Chris Paul and they can get him for cheap. Chris Paul needs help.
    That move makes too much sense to happen.

The Hornets desperately need somebody else to create offense other than Chris Paul.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Wow, waived just because he had some personal issues?[COLOR="White"] lol[/COLOR]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime
    I know Iverson's a pothead, but how much weed would you have to smoke to have believed, 3 months ago, that the Grizzlies were trying to win the championship?

No, this is not a rhetorical question. I'm actually asking you to visualize the amount of weed you think would be needed

Iverson took the most money available, he wont admit it but its the truth.

He could've easily signed for less this season and went to Miami and possibly started over Chalmers at PG. There he could've increased his value, and received a Full MLE offer in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101
    Wow, waived just because he had some personal issues?[COLOR="White"] lol[/COLOR]
    Just like how he missed the playoffs last year because of a bruised ego.. I mean back?