Shaq

-Better Pure Scorer
    -Better Ball Handler
    -Better Finisher While On The Dribble
    -Stronger Lower Torso

Something like that
    I haven't watched much Wilt, but For Shaq, I'm sure he is:
    - a Heavier player
    Quite obvious, Wilt was up to 300 at best,, Shaq entered the league at 300, and may have gone up to 360-80? in his 2001-3 laker run.

- More explosive
    The way that Shaq backs players down with amazing power and thrust is unmatched. I have never seen anyone physically punish defenders to his extent

- Better post moves
    Wilt was known for shooting fadeaways, and from the availible footages I've seen him traveling when doing spin moves, and laid in the ball awkwardly. Shaq was underrated in that aspect.

Default Re: comparison - Wilt VS SHAQ

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhtc
    - a Heavier player
    Quite obvious, Wilt was up to 300 at best,, Shaq entered the league at 300, and may have gone up to 360-80? in his 2001-3 laker run.

- More explosive
    The way that Shaq backs players down with amazing power and thrust is unmatched. I have never seen anyone physically punish defenders to his extent

- Better post moves
    Wilt was known for shooting fadeaways, and from the availible footages I've seen him traveling when doing spin moves, and laid in the ball awkwardly. Shaq was underrated in that aspect.
    Since you have only watched little Wilt, as you admit, the only thing you should be sure about should be the first.
    Explosiveness is an underrated aspect of Wilt, because of him refraining from using it offensively, but a guy whose exploits in athletics are known (and he didn't suffer from major injuries when young) can't be "for sure" less explosive. At times, he showed it on the hardwood as well, in instances like the ending of the 1957 NCAA Final's OT, when he blocked the jump shot of a guy who was like 8 feet away.
    Post moves? Wilt didn't travel nearly as often as you make it sound, at least not more often than Shaq commited offensive fouls when doing the same thing. I remember a lot of individual plays of Wilt in the internet and the only case I clearly remember him travelling when making a turnaround move was from the 1964 Finals, when he hit a very hard fade-away, but faked the shot before taking it and made an additional step.
    I don't see what's awkward in Wilt's laying the ball in, especially if we're comparing him to Shaq, not Hakeem.

Shaq is stronger in this new era of lifting weights, and I can't see Wilt exceling. I dout he would even be at Javale McGee's level. Still, he is more historically signifigant (if u wanna defend him)

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhtc
    - a Heavier player

- More explosive

- Better post moves
    Wilt is the inventor of the fadeway and bank shot.

Shaq was a better ballhandler and his weight plus athletic capacity makes him hard to stop with those spin moves: Black Tornados

Precusor of Charles Barkley`s Spins: The Master of the Post Spin Move.

Quote Originally Posted by Math2
    Shaq is stronger in this new era of lifting weights, and I can't see Wilt exceling. I dout he would even be at Javale McGee's level. Still, he is more historically signifigant (if u wanna defend him)

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Shaq is heavier not stronger.

Wilt had the strongest upper body in NBA History

Totally destroyed Artis Gilmore: whom Robert Parish called the strongest player along Shaq he ever faced.

Wilt played nice his whole career, he could have broken arms in every dunk but that was not his game.

Wilt is the Greatest Player Ever in the History of Basketball.

An impressive number of ISH posters (mostly young ones) thinks that free throw shooting is by far the most important aspect of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    An impressive number of ISH posters (mostly young ones) thinks that free throw shooting is by far the most important aspect of the game.
    no.....

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Shaq is heavier not stronger.

Wilt had the strongest upper body in NBA History

Totally destroyed Artis Gilmore: whom Robert Parish called the strongest player along Shaq he ever faced.

Wilt played nice his whole career, he could have broken arms in every dunk but that was not his game.

Wilt is the Greatest Player Ever in the History of Basketball.
    he played in an era in which he could easily excel. and he didn't help his team win as much as shaq

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    he could get shut down by the majority of centers

no.....
    Trust me, that's the only thing he was better than Wilt (and not by a huge margin), and it doesn't matter if we're talking about 60's Wilt or Wilt growing up in the 2000's (except that a 2000 Wilt might have stuck to a better free throw shooting technique). Honestly, do we have to bring up every 3 days the post by kblaze about generation gaps to show why Wilt would not be struggling in today's league or the stories from 80's players about Wilt at 50 holding his own against actual NBA players of the era?

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Since you have only watched little Wilt, as you admit, the only thing you should be sure about should be the first.
    Explosiveness is an underrated aspect of Wilt, because of him refraining from using it offensively, but a guy whose exploits in athletics are known (and he didn't suffer from major injuries when young) can't be "for sure" less explosive. At times, he showed it on the hardwood as well, in instances like the ending of the 1957 NCAA Final's OT, when he blocked the jump shot of a guy who was like 8 feet away.
    Post moves? Wilt didn't travel nearly as often as you make it sound, at least not more often than Shaq commited offensive fouls when doing the same thing. I remember a lot of individual plays of Wilt in the internet and the only case I clearly remember him travelling when making a turnaround move was from the 1964 Finals, when he hit a very hard fade-away, but faked the shot before taking it and made an additional step.
    I don't see what's awkward in Wilt's laying the ball in, especially if we're comparing him to Shaq, not Hakeem.
    You can't give credit for something a player possesses but doesn't show (in reference to Wilt being as explosive, by OCCASIONALLY showing his explosiveness). That's like saying "so and so is just as good of a defender because when he actually tries he locks his man down".