Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Home of the 16

Default Re: Lakers preseason schedule for 2016-17

D'Angelo starting to feel it. Scored the last 3 possession = timeout Denver. He has become so smooth offensively -- had Mudiay chasing him everywhere, could not keep up.

Home of the 16

Julius Randle was like The Flash out there initiating the fastbreak, outran everyone, dished it to Zubac down low all alone. Really pushing the pace.

Home of the 16

Brandon Ingram nowhere to be found.

Home of the 16

Julius' right hand -- IT'S ALIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!@!@@!#!@#!#!@

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Julius' right hand -- IT'S ALIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!@!@@!#!@#!#!@
    Where the hell is everybody?

Are they waiting for them to rack up wins before showing up or they bailed and cheering for other teams?

Yes, I know it's very early but this team is working hard and showing some promise. Yes, they will make a ton of mistakes, it will be ugly early but I think there's some hope for them to be really be good in the next year or so....

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08

Are they waiting for them to rack up wins before showing up or they bailed and cheering for other teams?

Yes, I know it's very early but this team is working hard and showing some promise. Yes, they will make a ton of mistakes, it will be ugly early but I think there's some hope for them to be really be good in the next year or so....
    I don't usually watch preseason tbh. If I did, it would be outside the norm for me

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I don't usually watch preseason tbh. If I did, it would be outside the norm for me
    Me neither, but Tamaraw had me all feeling guilty days ago.

Nah, it's nice. That was such a fun game. Everyone have seemed to have developed well. They weren't as raw as I expected them to be, Julius REALLY LOOKED WELL & so did D'Lo. Mozgov looked so lost defensively, thankfully Zubac played some great D (he was so into it), altering shots late in the 2nd qtr. turning everything into a missed FG which led to a fastbreak & in which initiated by either D'Lo or Julius Randle. It was so fun.

According to Serena Winters, Luke took notes & will play Zubac more often, since he never saw even a second of playing time after the 1st half last game.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08

Where were you!??!!?!?! I was live posting all night.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Me neither, but Tamaraw had me all feeling guilty days ago.

Nah, it's nice. That was such a fun game. Everyone have seemed to have developed well. They weren't as raw as I expected them to be, Julius REALLY LOOKED WELL & so did D'Lo. Mozgov looked so lost defensively, thankfully Zubac played some great D (he was so into it), altering shots late in the 2nd qtr. turning everything into a missed FG which led to a fastbreak & in which initiated by either D'Lo or Julius Randle. It was so fun.

According to Serena Winters, Luke took notes & will play Zubac more often, since he never saw even a second of playing time after the 1st half last game.
    OUCH, I just can't believe that most regulars here are not as excited as me.
    Yes, I agree that the team is fun to watch, the ball is moving, some good screens are being provided too, the defensive rotations are actually not that bad considering that they have just barely began practicing.
    But I actually disagree with Mozgov, I thought was wasn't that bad. Yes, there were times he fouled and yielded FTs but most of it was bec he was trying to help out.
    Yes Zubac looked great and must have the longest reach among centers and his form was great in terms of jumping straight up and avoiding contact.
    I am going to the game tonight, and I am hoping that Luke will try to play him against those very good Denver bigs and let him learn early to deal with them early.
    btw, I had to work late friday so I missed watching it live, I use my DVR tho, and watch them later..TWICE atleast..

Default Re: Lakers 2016-17 preseason schedule

Enjoy the game. Meanwhile, I will be enjoying the Trump meltdown on presidential debate tonight

Home of the 16

This rim is killing me.

I really enjoyed the game, didn't know I was that close, 6 rows from the press row which was about 15 feet from the court.
    Some observations.
    1. Having a round face, I thought Randle was a bit heavy set but actually his body was lean but solid. Still needs some work with his perimeter shots but his Jump hooks against outstretched hands were pretty good.
    2. Russell's shooting form/follow through looked really good. However, he really made some risky passes, makes me wonder if it'll continue while Calderon dictates the tempo well that Luke will try to use D'Angelo as a shooting guard.
    3. Mozgov is a legit giant. I think Tarik is listed at 6-10 but he looked atleast 5 inches shorter. BTW, while I love Black's hustle, I really hate him over reaching from beyond 60 feet, yielding atleast 2 FTs again.
    4. I love the way they provide screens to the shooter and they have really cut down significantly on iso ball.
    5. I am impressed with the way they played good defense in the 4TH doing it without fouling.
    6. Nick Young showed he is trying hard to defend, and that is huge. Yes there were times the offense got stagnant and he bailed the team out by creating his own shot.

I watched the game yesterday vs warriors. Lakers looked pretty good! Decent ball movement, unselfish play. No more Kobe ball with everything getting stagnant. We actually have teamwork and good passing. Ingram looked great yesterday..

30 wins sounds very realistic! I'm excited to watch this squad this season after last 2 seasons when it was sickening to watch this team.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I watched the game yesterday vs warriors. Lakers looked pretty good! Decent ball movement, unselfish play. No more Kobe ball with everything getting stagnant. We actually have teamwork and good passing. Ingram looked great yesterday..

30 wins sounds very realistic! I'm excited to watch this squad this season after last 2 seasons when it was sickening to watch this team.
    They actually looked better against lesser teams like Denver and Sacramento.
    Ingram was horrible on offense the first 3 games. Russells shots were really good but his passing is finally improving.
    I'm concerned with what seems to be a lack of improvement of perimeter shots of Randle.
    JC and Williams have been up and down while Young seems to be earning a rotation spot by working hard on defense.
    We might have seen the end for Anthony Brown while it's a concern now that the oldies like Calderon and Deng have some injuries this early.

Home of the 16

The preseason games were so fun to watch. Time to unsticky. GG!