Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    McCants is Available!!

Default Re: Allen Iverson out for rest of season

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    Pistons Fans

do you realize you pretty much traded the 2004 MVP for nothing now that AI isn't going to play.
    You kind of gave him away

Now the Nuggets have the 2nd seed in the West.
    Cap space my friend, it was all about the cap space.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    Pistons Fans

do you realize you pretty much traded the 2004 MVP for nothing now that AI isn't going to play.
    You kind of gave him away

Now the Nuggets have the 2nd seed in the West.
    Billups for Iverson.
    Iverson expires.
    Pistons sign Boozer.

Sounds like a well rounded move.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Pistons will lose 4-1 in the first round. They are not a good team. They won't magically transform into the 2001 Pistons (apologies if I got the year wrong). It's interesting how Dumars is considered a genius and Kerr is an idiot.. which he is.. but lets face it, they (pistons) made some weird moves. They're cooked, but I'll be rooting for them anyway.

By the way, from a business perspective, it's kind of ridiculous to say that 6 straight ecf appearances are not worth anything. Winning championships is great and should always be the goal, but only 1 team can win.. the idea that the others are all failures is just sports hyperbole.
    Last edited by Mrofir; 04-04-2009 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    Cap space my friend, it was all about the cap space.
    Plus taking a low risk, high reward opportunity: Iverson had a chance at providing go to scoring they needed.

Here's to Iverson's return to Philli!

Damnit, I can't stand Iverson myself, but I bought tickets to a damn Knicks-Pistons game just because my younger brother is an AI fan and has never been to an NBA game. Now I'll actually have to watch the damn Knicks play the Pistons, and I won't even have the joy of showing my brother his favorite player.

Makes me like Iverson even less. Wouldnt want the man coming of the bench in Cleveland if he damn well paid us for the priviledge.

horrible move. pistons are in one giant cluster****

I usually hit open layups the.powerhouse's Avatar

There's only one place for AI next season, Phoenix:

http://www.sportgorilla.com/topics.p...l&topic_id=359

Quote Originally Posted by the.powerhouse
    There's only one place for AI next season, Phoenix:

http://www.sportgorilla.com/topics.p...l&topic_id=359
    **** no. Barbosa and richardson >>> iverson.

Iverson to the knicks

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    What do you mean he can sit out if he wants to. He's being paid a lot of ****ing money and he should play if he's not injured. Talk about horrible timing, even if he is truly injured, no one will believe it.
    They weren't even willing to give him a huge role in that lineup. If you were a former MVP and a future HOFer, would you play for a team like that?

AI to Charlotte on a one year, $7 million deal.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by markymark
    They weren't even willing to give him a huge role in that lineup. If you were a former MVP and a future HOFer, would you play for a team like that?
    When Iverson makes comments like, "I'll do whatever the team wants" then I think he should do it. Go look up Iverson's press conference introducing AI to the Pistons.

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    When Iverson makes comments like, "I'll do whatever the team wants" then I think he should do it. Go look up Iverson's press conference introducing AI to the Pistons.
    In that press con, I bet he had absolutely no idea that he would be playing second fiddle to Stuckey. I bet he had absolutely no idea that Will Bynum would start over him. I bet he didn't know Rip would be b1tching over deferring to him. I bet he didn't know Rip, Tay and Stuckey would freeze him out on the court (seriously, they were treating him like a f*ckin spot up shooter).

It's one thing to defer to your teammates, and AI did that excellently (maybe too much) the whole season. It's another thing to be outright disrespected despite your efforts to blend in.

In that press con, I bet he had absolutely no idea that he would be playing second fiddle to Stuckey. I bet he had absolutely no idea that Will Bynum would start over him. I bet he didn't know Rip would be b1tching over deferring to him. I bet he didn't know Rip, Tay and Stuckey would freeze him out on the court (seriously, they were treating him like a f*ckin spot up shooter).

It's one thing to defer to your teammates, and AI did that excellently (maybe too much) the whole season. It's another thing to be outright disrespected despite your efforts to blend in.
    propped

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

what a terrible post. AI defered to no one, took more bad shots than the rest of the team (maybe minus sheed) combined and allowed his defensive assignment to get to the basket at will. He was shut down because he brings nothing to this team except a terrible attitude and a hurt butt.

Magic Johnson

Rick Kamla is on Iverson's nuts right now. Jesus Christ.