Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: James Harden to Houston = Worst trade in NBA History

people think he is going to be a 26 guy his whole career lol

he is putting up good numbers on an average team, i've seen this movie before. The thunder are same position as last year.

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    People have been calling it a mistake since before the season even started. The point people are making is that Westbrook should've been traded, not Harden. Not many people are saying they should've kept all three.
    Some people called it a mistake, some people recognized that it was a very shrewd move by Presti. Put me in the latter group.

As erratic as he is, Westbrook was the correct player to keep. I also think it was right to keep Ibaka over Harden.

Again, the main point is if Harden had remained on OKC there is no way that he's putting up these numbers. Most people would probably be killing Presti for overpaying a bench player.

The bottom line: both OKC and Houston made the right moves with the Harden trade.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AussieG
    Gasol for Kwame?

Do you know that Grizzlies also got MARC GASOL in the deal.. and also other filler.. and Kwame's capspace got them Z-Bo.

So Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol and Z-Bo......... and since that trade.. they have finally won playoff games.. playoff series.. and are still improving.. and some even call them a contender.

Why are people so stupid.
    good stuff. at the time, Memphis looked like idiots, but now they look like geniuses. with the downfall of Dwight Howard, I'd say Marc Gasol is the best center in the NBA. great trade for Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Some people called it a mistake, some people recognized that it was a very shrewd move by Presti. Put me in the latter group.

As erratic as he is, Westbrook was the correct player to keep. I also think it was right to keep Ibaka over Harden.

Again, the main point is if Harden had remained on OKC there is no way that he's putting up these numbers. Most people would probably be killing Presti for overpaying a bench player.

The bottom line: both OKC and Houston made the right moves with the Harden trade.
    maybe too shrewd. I agree that Harden was the right guy to move, but they could have got a much better haul for him. His value was very high and Kevin Martin's was not. It's like trading a dollar for a 50 cent piece and a 2012 nickel. From what I've seen, Jeremy Lamb (the nickel) is probably Corey Brewer 2.0.
    Martin is a nice fit, but they could have gotten much more for Harden.

but like they say, hindsight is 20-20. I knew Harden was talented, but I didn't foresee that he would be this good this quickly.
    Last edited by FindingTim; 02-21-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Do people not see that if he stayed on the Thunder this year he would of been an 18\4\4 45% player again?

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    maybe too shrewd. I agree that Harden was the right guy to move, but they could have got a much better haul for him. His value was very high and Kevin Martin's was not. It's like trading a dollar for a 50 cent piece and a 2012 nickel. From what I've seen, Jeremy Lamb (the nickel) is probably Corey Brewer 2.0.
    Martin is a nice fit, but they could have gotten much more for Harden.

but like they say, hindsight is 20-20. I knew Harden was talented, but I didn't foresee that he would be this good this quickly.
    Like who?

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    Harden is the only consistent scoring threat on Houston's roster and has the green light to shoot all game long. He is talented, but the situation is making him look better than he actually is.

Let's see what happens in the playoffs, when half-court defenses actually start showing up and Harden can't do his euro two-step in the lane all day.

I bet 75% of the people slobbering all over Harden right now will be calling him Joe Johnson 2.0 in like 3 years.

I'm not going back and reading the first 3+ pages of this thread, but this is (as all things do on ISH) getting out of hand. Harden was shit in the first two games against OKC. We let him and every other Rocket get off to a hot start in the first quarter, and Harden (who was about the only one other than Lin) who rode that throughout most of the rest of the game. Houston started something like 8/10 from three in the first quarter, cooled off in the second and third quarters, and picked it back up in the last six minutes of the fourth quarter.

Harden was awesome and went into God mode down the stretch. And yes, right now the Thunder are in a lull and not playing their best basketball. Shit like that happens in an 82 game season. That doesn't mean this is all of a sudden "the worst trade in NBA history."

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I'm not going back and reading the first 3+ pages of this thread, but this is (as all things do on ISH) getting out of hand. Harden was shit in the first two games against OKC. We let him and every other Rocket get off to a hot start in the first quarter, and Harden (who was about the only one other than Lin) who rode that throughout most of the rest of the game. Houston started something like 8/10 from three in the first quarter, cooled off in the second and third quarters, and picked it back up in the last six minutes of the fourth quarter.

Harden was awesome and went into God mode down the stretch. And yes, right now the Thunder are in a lull and not playing their best basketball. Shit like that happens in an 82 game season. That doesn't mean this is all of a sudden "the worst trade in NBA history."

No, but it was a pretty terrible trade. It was one before I ever imagined Harden putting up these numbers and leading this team towards the playoffs.

Toronto was obviously not going to be as bad as they were last year. That pick was never going to be a top 3 pick. The team got back nothing to make it worth giving up Harden. Yes, this might have even brought a lot of good out of Durant and Westbrook, but it's crazy to think they couldn't have gotten more for Harden.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

i honestly thought it was a good trade when it happened. I expected k mart and thabo to step up and basically approximate harden's production while allowing westbrook more freedom.

I didn't see how harden could do what he's doing with basically the same eurostep over and over again but apparently that move when done right is unstoppable.

The Thunder had a team with THREE elite players, one of them coming off the bench. I don't care what they got for him, trading Harden was one of the most retarded trades in NBA history. The Rockets made out like bandits with this trade.

Dunking on everybody in the park bl2k8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EllisGW
    people think he is going to be a 26 guy his whole career lol

he is putting up good numbers on an average team, i've seen this movie before. The thunder are same position as last year.
    So bascically they're set up to take an L to the Heat again if they reach the finals.

That team cannot beat MIA

Local High School Star LilEddyCurry's Avatar

OKC's biggest mistake:

Serious playground baller

As a Thunder fan it just makes me REALLY SAD!

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by B4llin
    As a Thunder fan it just makes me REALLY SAD!
    However it has made the Rockets and incredibly fun team to watch, and as Harden was my fav thunder player, I do have another team to root for which isn't so bad.