Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-23-2006, 09:58 AM   #46
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
It's only for dekkaration. da whistles go WOOT WOOT.

ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:33 PM   #47
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns

Nobody stops the Suns unless it's playoffs, when everyone tries their hardest on the defensive end. Even then they can still get their's.

I'm not sure that's it. I don't know that teams are trying that much harder in the playoffs. I mean certainly the level of play is more intense, but historically the more physical teams have had success in the playoffs, particularly those with an All-Star big man.

Phoenix just hasn't cared about getting an inside presence since Barkley left. I mean Stoudemire probably could dominate like Barkley used to, but he's too busy playing second fiddle to Nash.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:55 PM   #48
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I don't think zones will beat the Suns.

Yeah, they shoot too well to play zone. Play good man-man defense. Make sure you rotatate on defense, protect the basket and hold them to one shot.

On offense, attack the basket, control the tempo, take high % shots, battle for every rebound and draw contact. Definately don't allow them to sucker you into making it a jump shooting contest.

Why do people keep acting like they're unbeatable? A good disciplined team can beat them in a best of 7.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:21 AM   #49
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
ahhh you lakers fans...this years suns team is a different team...we have a inside prescence so we wont get domintated as much...plus we will be able to get to the free throw line with amare

but if anyone could come up with a gameplan for this years team leave it to phil

Now, so do we
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:28 AM   #50
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol at your inside prescence
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 07:09 PM   #51
BBallBeatwriter
Decent playground baller

BBallBeatwriter has no real reputation yet.

depends on personell which merits style of play. Now that STAT is healthy I think the only 2 teams that have a legit shot at sropping PHO is San Antonio and Dallas. Think about it. During the 15-game win streak they only beat 2 500+ sqauds, Orl and Hou. San Antonio counters by throwing the ball into the post, attacking the rim to get to the line which slows the team down. I remember TP once saying that Pop will only let the Spurs selectively run with Pho. Dallas can play similarly to Pho' pace. however defending the pick n' roll with Nash and Amare is the problem. and when Phoneix' perimeter j's aren't falling, Dallas can simply counter by having Dirk stretch out the interior d, creating a mismatch which opens up options. Harris can also attack the paint w/ his speed kind of like Barbosa. I have noticed that every time you play Pho, you have to take at leat one of their strengths away. wether it be the perimeter game or lomiting their transition opportuinies. We did see Washington on friday wear the Suns down by playing at their pace
BBallBeatwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 07:10 PM   #52
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Hire somebody to "accidently" run over Nash, Marion and Stoudamire in a "tragic car accident"
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: