Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Andrea Bargnani's NBA All-Star Anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tNIqK9lHFCY

YUP.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Andrea Bargnani's NBA All-Star Anthem

That is brilliant.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:52 AM   #3
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people

Awesome
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:00 AM   #4
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

I'm not sure which one is better. Like a Bosh or this...
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
I'm not sure which one is better. Like a Bosh or this...
"Like a Bosh" is better because it made sense.
This BS is comparable to ridiculize Chris Bosh because he is afro-american and he made a commercial related to his culture.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
"Like a Bosh" is better because it made sense.
This BS is comparable to ridiculize Chris Bosh because he is afro-american and he made a commercial related to his culture.

I am officially going to use ridiculize in sentences from this day forward.

Also, lighten up.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #7
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
I am officially going to use ridiculize in sentences from this day forward.
That's a good exercise. I'm happy to teach you a word in your own language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Also, lighten up.
I'm OK, just saying.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

FC, I don't know if you watch the same game feeds as the rest of us... so forgive me if I'm telling you something you already know..

During Raptors games, there is a commercial that plays about 250 times about "Primo" pasta sauce, and it features Bargnani eating it, while also practicing. That's where this song comes from. It's an annoying commercial and its played far too much, but this song at least makes it funny.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #9
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Thank you, I didn't know it, I don't watch the commercials during games.

Anyway, Bosh had left the team, he believed he was a superstar at the same level of Wade and Lebron and then he played horribly in Miami. The video seemed very funny to me and well deserved.

Bargnani is having his best season and still people keep bashing him in any way they can. Is it because he is European? I don't know, but if he were American, referees and media would treat him like they treat KLove and he would be a Team USA candidate right now.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #10
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I don't think they are bashing him at all. I think its just making fun of the commercial more than anything.

These guys aren't really "serious" analysts. Their show is meant to be funny and that is how they appeal to their audience. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

OK, probably you are right with the video. It is more about the forum. The best thing I've read about Bargnani is that he has more trading value now. And this is the thread about him being an all-star candidate
Nobody said that he will make a great interior duo with Valanciunas, for example.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #12
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

You have a point. Though I have seen more positive feedback recently. I even posted a mock line-up for next year that included Bargnani that I was very happy with.

Haters gonna hate though. Differing opinions is all, I suppose. Sometimes once you're against a player, you're always against him.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Not bashing Andrea, and most people on the board have been praising his play this season. But the commercial is ridiculous. I don't remember the bosh one but I'm sure it was pretty bad too.

The Kevin Love comparison is hard to swallow though. Kevin Love is one of the best rebounding big men in the NBA, while Andrea is one of the worst.
I know Rebounding isn't everything, but it is a key component to a big man's game. In addition to his superior rebounding Love is also an excellent passer and scorer. Andrea has a better ability to score and is much quicker, but overall there is no comparison. There isn't a team in the league that would rather have Andrea at PF over Love. That is not a knock on Bargs, just the reality of Kevin Love. I don't really think Love is an elite PF but close to it.

Chamberlain - why did you delete my post?

It was in no way offensive. I genuinely didn't understand the previous one's language and simply wanted clarification.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #14
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

bluerap, check your pm.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #15
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
FC, I don't know if you watch the same game feeds as the rest of us... so forgive me if I'm telling you something you already know..

During Raptors games, there is a commercial that plays about 250 times about "Primo" pasta sauce, and it features Bargnani eating it, while also practicing. That's where this song comes from. It's an annoying commercial and its played far too much, but this song at least makes it funny.

Its not only annoying... it's bad. Every time I see it, I feel like it's one of those fake TV commercials you see on SNL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCDVfdeA2E0
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: