Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Wade vs Kobe so far this year

So people dont factor in defense? ..

Offensively its close, but the answer is Wade clearly because of his defense..
    Wade has been active and elite defensively ....Kobe has just been taking plays off, even the announcers mentioned it.

Reputation people just assume defense is close and thats that .. on the court its not even close the type of effort Wade is giving and the type of impact hes having on the perimeter.
    Last edited by B-Easy; 11-09-2010 at 12:14 AM.

Banned

Hmm I genuinely think they're equal right now. Have to see in the playoffs.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegend
    Since people like to bring up "peak" play....I will say Kobe has been better than Wade in these 7 games.

Kobe's peak game this year was a triple double which trumps Wade's best game.
    kobe always seems to peak in the regular season and choke in the finals.

Local High School Star

I've always maintained that Wade is the better all around player. Kobe is a better jumpshooter and iso defender(when he actually bothers to try). I also personally think Wade consistently plays much better the bigger the venue, where-as Kobe is somewhat inconsistent.

The biggest difference between the two is injuries, experience, and the fact that Kobe has played on better teams for the majority of his career. Wade is still young though, he still has time to catch up in rings.
    Last edited by comerb; 11-09-2010 at 01:02 AM.

I haven't been impressed with Kobe's defense yet, that's probably what separates the two right now. It is only a 7 game sample with both players playing lowered minutes because of blowouts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    LOL...ok bud.
    you are the ultimate kobe nut-basher. nothing but pure devotion from you for the cause

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Hihater
    u sure? because lebron alway get double team so it open it up for wade and kobe only do post up or create his own shot.
    That's Kobe's game. It's not really a factor. Wade is a slasher, he's always going to benefit more from doubles on his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbles
    How the hell is that not true? Only fans who watch ESPN and refuse to watch games will think Wade is good is true.

No seriously. If you think Wade is any good then prove it. And no, I'm not interested in hearing ESPN BS. I don't want to hear about how impressive his stats are
    How about you prove that Wade isn't any good buddy? You're the one in the minority here

I rule the local playground

Wade has been slightly better statistically and quite a bit better defensively so far. That being said, it's only been 7 games, things will change.

Kobe's still coming back from his knee surgery, give it another month.

Lets compare them after 20 not 7, Kobe is only going to improve as each game goes by. It was clear he was not 100% when the season started.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Lets compare them after 20 not 7, Kobe is only going to improve as each game goes by. It was clear he was not 100% when the season started.
    true. kobe is on cruise control right now. he doesn't need to push it yet. when he starts to push himself we should compare. that will also give wade ample time to gel with his new team.

my prediction is that wade will have slightly better stats and be a little bit better overall player in terms of impact this year...but the playoffs will be where this will be settled. i would love to watch these two guys go at it in the finals. i've never seen kobe play an elite sg for an entire series.....would be really really fun to see.

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    true. kobe is on cruise control right now. he doesn't need to push it yet. when he starts to push himself we should compare. that will also give wade ample time to gel with his new team.

my prediction is that wade will have slightly better stats and be a little bit better overall player in terms of impact this year...but the playoffs will be where this will be settled. i would love to watch these two guys go at it in the finals. i've never seen kobe play an elite sg for an entire series.....would be really really fun to see.
    I think alot depends on what Bynum brings when he comes back as having options like Gasol, Bynum and Odom Kobe won't need to do as much.i think cruise control is the best statement to make on Kobe so far.

He will have huge games when he needs to and cruise in some games.

I agree i expect Wade to have better stats as he will need to do more imo. More so with Lebron looking at being a pass first guy than that 30 points per game guy right now.

Lakers depth also has to be mentioned, when you got guys like Barnes and Blake production thats even less reason for Kobe to do as much.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

It is close offensively so far. But, Wade is tearing up Kobe as far as we compare them on defense. It's not that close when we include defense in comparation. Wade>> Kobe so far
    [COLOR="White"]p.s. in before neg rep[/COLOR]

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    LOL. Wade didn't play virtually the whole preseason and was just coming off an hamstring injury. Stop it.