Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-29-2007, 05:26 AM   #16
jazz12
Banned

jazz12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: Red Sox Win World Series

What is this base balls you speak of?
jazz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:47 AM   #17
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Now they are about to cash in A-Rod.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:32 AM   #18
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

It's the best time of the year for me, no more baseball and it's a sign that basketball is just around the corner.

Congratulation to Boston, I think they have a legit shot at a triple crown this year...Patriots, Celtics and Red Sox....not sure how good the Bruins are in the NHL.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:21 AM   #19
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Two Thoughts:

1) What's the Net Present Value of the the $$ the Sox got for Babe Ruth, and does it exceed what the Sox will dish out for ARod? There's justification.

2) I weep at the thought of how easy it would be to win a world series if only one could get to the big dance. BlueJays in 4 over any NL team.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:03 PM   #20
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

The Bruins are going to win the Stanley Cup too, at the rate things are going in Boston.

Red Sox- World Series Champions
Patriots- Super Bowl
Celtics- might win the Eastern Conference, not the Finals
Bruins- suck
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:07 PM   #21
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
1) What's the Net Present Value of the the $$ the Sox got for Babe Ruth, and does it exceed what the Sox will dish out for ARod? There's justification.

Give me the amount and date, and I'll find that out for you.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:26 PM   #22
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Boooooooooooo!!!

Congrads but....BOOOOOOOO!!!

I hate the Red Sox.....Evil Empire part 2

Says a Lakers fan, haha.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:52 PM   #23
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
Says a Lakers fan, haha.
What does that have to do with anything? The Lakers aren't even top 10 spenders in the NBA.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:54 PM   #24
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALlArOuNDPIaya
Wow.

8 Straight Wins in 2004

7 Straight Wins in 2007

I'm quite happy that we won the World Series, but I'm most happy that baseball won't rule the media for the next few months. Hopefully now we can get exclusive coverage on basketball and football.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:55 PM   #25
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Except for those last two games, all I can say about the Sox in the playoffs is.....

HIDEKI OKAJIMA!!!!!!

Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:58 PM   #26
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's great, but the biggest hero of the pitching staff is clearly Beckett. There are guys with better stats, but Beckett's numbers are still very good and there's no one in baseball I'd rather have on the mound for me in a playoff game.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:00 PM   #27
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
He's great, but the biggest hero of the pitching staff is clearly Beckett. There are guys with better stats, but Beckett's numbers are still very good and there's no one in baseball I'd rather have on the mound for me in a playoff game.

Of course, of course. But I expected it from him in a sense you know? Okajima completley suprised me. lol.

But all I rreally wanted from this series was a good series and it just hasn't been fun the past few years.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #28
joshdavidson
I brick open layups

joshdavidson has an OK reputation so far

I'm glad the Red Sox won. Their team played excellent in the post season after a hard slide at the end of the regular season. I still wouldn've liked to have seen them beat the Yanks in the playoffs, but that Cleveland series was awesome! The Rockies just ran out of gas in the end. Watch out for them next year.
joshdavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: