Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-01-2006, 04:39 PM   #1
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board
Default Who actually watched the u.s vs greece game?

I think a lot of people here just watched the highlights this morning and are basing their opinions on the hightlights...Greece played a great game and they just couldnt miss at a point in the 3rd and the u.s was getting stuck on their pick and roll soo many times, the u.s shot too many 3's and altho it didnt matter the game b4 that they missed so many this game this is what killed them, also the free throw shooting was horrible....props to baby shaq (more tractor traylor look alike) for killing the u.s on so many plays...
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #2
bumpyknucks
High School Varsity 12th Man

bumpyknucks is considered somewhat coolbumpyknucks is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Quote:
props to baby shaq (more tractor traylor look alike)

Good call.
bumpyknucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

WE have greece vs usa game threads and topics. Please use them and stop creating more topics to flood the board. I'm waiting to see the replay of the game. Came on too early.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #4
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I didn't watch it. All I know is that we lost so Greece doesn't need for me to see how they played for me to respect them. They're the better team.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:46 PM   #5
StraightHustlinInTDOT
I hit open 5-footers

StraightHustlinInTDOT has not been impressing people

I actually watched the game, unlike the masses who create their own threads trying to get their opinions heard, writing about the same old excuses
StraightHustlinInTDOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:52 PM   #6
littlericky
Can barely lace up my sneakers

littlericky has an OK reputation so far

I watched it. We were winning by 12 point in the 1st qtr and Greece got a time out. They came out on a 22-5 run and USA never recuperated. Their big guys killed us. Also Chris paul and K (from Chicago) made too many turnovers. I don't see them making the USA team for the next cycle.
littlericky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:14 PM   #7
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlericky
I watched it. We were winning by 12 point in the 1st qtr and Greece got a time out. They came out on a 22-5 run and USA never recuperated. Their big guys killed us. Also Chris paul and K (from Chicago) made too many turnovers. I don't see them making the USA team for the next cycle.

Having Kirk Hinrich and Chris Paul at the same time on the basketball court was kind of a mistake. Kirk Hinrich looked like he lost focus and at times him and everybody else forgot about the shot clock.

Hellas played well and took advantage of their lack of a true big man. Dwight Howard improved as pointed by the commentators, he used to dribble under the basket a few times, then dunk the basketball down, but against Hellas, he had maybe two or three players from Hellas around, he didn't even dribble under the basket, just slam dunked the basketball in the basket.

Chris Paul, I don't know about him. I'm sure he's a great player in the National Basketball Association, but for international play, it seems like he's not mature enough to handle these types of situations. There were times when some players grabbed him, and he would throw fits at them just looking at them looking like he wanted to whine or something, but if you do that to any other international player, that international player will let it go knowing it's part of the game.

The commentator of the game called it first when he said that Sofoklis Schortsanitis reminded him of Robert "Tractor" Traylor. He was almost left off Team Hellas because he was deemed as immature reported by the commentator.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:22 PM   #8
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

i watched it. have never seen a team score as easily as greece did yesterday. wow..it was like practice. and those thress kept on fallin.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:26 PM   #9
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

I watched the game for the first 15 minutes, USA was playing good D and everything, had a 12 point lead, then it went downhill from their, Baby Tractor was just cutting to the lane for uncontested lay-ups. They were hitting 3 everywhere.

Greece got a big lead of 14, I believe. The PG were not playing well although Kirk hit some threes at the end. Wade and James were playing somewhat out of control only Melo was on (again.)
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #10
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yea i watched it. wish i had gone to bed instead.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:42 PM   #11
Lakerfan1-Iceland
Kids at the park dunk on me

Lakerfan1-Iceland has an OK reputation so far

i watched it, fun game too watch as a basketball game!
Greece have a DAMN good team, the guys playing on that team are all stars in the euro championship FIBA league playing on huge teams in europe where the quality of basktball has gone up sooooo much the past 10 years it is amazing!
those guys know how too play in close games and make big plays and the fact os the game was simly the Greek played better and made the plays down the stretch while the americans had some nice plays like from Lebron but couldnt follow up on them.
Lakerfan1-Iceland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #12
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I recorded, but open the forum before viewing, saw the topic title "USA basketball is a disgraced," proceed to watch with the anticipation that it must be a joke thread...
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: