Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-21-2006, 06:38 AM   #1
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation
Question Can Kwame Brown Avrg Double Doubles This Year?

Can my temporary avatar pic of Kwame Brown be just enough to motivate him to play at a higher level than he did last year, though his defense is solid enough now (ever since last years' AS break) he still needs to develope a mid-range jumper in his offensive game to open up his inside game where he can display some of his quick footworks skills that he does have in his arsenal that could possibly turn Kwame into a player averaging double double's each and every game.

Though Kwame needs to learn the art of catching the ball first (fundamentals do help) if he ever wants to achieve the status of an NBA player averaging in double doubles, if that's not too much to ask of Kwame a player chosen 1st overall in the 2001 draft then it would be a fair exchange imo that will pay off for the Lakers. So what's your take on how Kwame will fair this upcoming season: Will he be a beast in the middle averaging double doubles' or still an underachiever with stats nowhere near? LOL
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:10 PM   #2
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

he won't b a beast, n we can't expect him 2b, just b consistent(doesn't have talent 2b great, only good)...as far as the double double it's rare 2 have 2 people gettin 10+ boards on the same team, n Odom will probably b the 1 w/ 10, but kwame might get 12 and 8 or something
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think 10/10 is very doable!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:04 PM   #4
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Why not? When Mihm got injured,he averaged 12/9. 12/10 is very possible.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:24 PM   #5
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Why not? When Mihm got injured,he averaged 12/9. 12/10 is very possible.

He won't be able to do it for a whole season, and from what we know right now, Mihm isn't going to be injured anytime soon. And Bynum, Turiaf, and Radman will all take a few (not a lot) minutes away from Kwame. I say 10 and 6-7, is a nice number for him to start at.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:48 PM   #6
lakersfoelyfe
I airball my layups

lakersfoelyfe has an OK reputation so far
Default just my opinion.......

he's averaged 6 rebs. in his career, that's asking a lot...........yes he did improve his rebounding when mihm was out but to do it for a whole season i doubt it.

let's not forget, kwame is not the kind of player who is mentally strong...........big part of rebounding is will and determination.
lakersfoelyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:40 PM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
He won't be able to do it for a whole season, and from what we know right now, Mihm isn't going to be injured anytime soon. And Bynum, Turiaf, and Radman will all take a few (not a lot) minutes away from Kwame. I say 10 and 6-7, is a nice number for him to start at.

Dude, qwerty, you need a new avatar... that one just freaks me out! HAHA
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:51 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty

To tell you the truth Qwerty I honestly think Mihm played his last Game if not his last season as a laker.

I don't see him coming back strong from this injury.

I really Like him...But He apparently is still recovering and he might miss games.

So with that In mind Give Kwame about 32 mpg.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:08 AM   #9
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

It's possible but I don't think he will avarege a double-double this year.
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:51 AM   #10
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
To tell you the truth Qwerty I honestly think Mihm played his last Game if not his last season as a laker.

I don't see him coming back strong from this injury.

I really Like him...But He apparently is still recovering and he might miss games.

So with that In mind Give Kwame about 32 mpg.
He's recovering? I thought he was almost ready 2 suit up in the phoenix series....
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:52 AM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
He's recovering? I thought he was almost ready 2 suit up in the phoenix series....

apparently he had made it worse.

he broke it in 3 places and tore something there while doing that.

OOUUCCCHH!!!!
Old 09-23-2006, 02:58 PM   #12
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersfoelyfe
he's averaged 6 rebs. in his career, that's asking a lot...........yes he did improve his rebounding when mihm was out but to do it for a whole season i doubt it.

let's not forget, kwame is not the kind of player who is mentally strong...........big part of rebounding is will and determination.

Those aspects given of Kwame is true out of the context he doesn't turn the page from his first miserable 4 years:stupid: he had with the Wizards. If it wasn't for his small hands he has trouble securing the rebounds with he would be pulling down more boards than the 6.6 he's averaging (though he's getting better at it), Kwame just needs to hold on to the rock better. Overall what I've seen of Kwame since Mihm went down was that he's more focussed mentally and have taken the initiative upon himself of becoming a better player especially playing that solid D in the middle and in the P/O's where he showed he can be a consistant scorer averaging 12.9. So in those regards turning the chapter on Kwame has begun: in his 1st year as a Laker he's already shown to be a much improved player than he was in D.C., especially doing it in a new complexed triangle system under phil.

Last edited by *LAKERS_3_PETE* : 09-23-2006 at 03:03 PM.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:57 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Sometimes he just needs to be told straight up "score the damn ball"

because its really basic.

He said himself "yeah when chris went down the coaching staff asked me to score more so thats what Im doing"

And all the sudden...hes a big beast.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: