Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-23-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
evodeadd
I airball my layups

evodeadd has an OK reputation so far
Default Nichols

Was reading this NY Post article and thought after summer league, the knicks would decide to not send Nichols to Italy....but it looks like it was part of the trade agreement and they still intended to send him to Italy. Now Nichols is refusing to go and he fired his agent and he appears to be on the bad side of the Knicks brass.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08222007...ols_future.htm
evodeadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Nichols

Nichols is cutting his own throat.

He would have had a guaranteed spot next season if he just went overseas for a season. He's trying to force his way out of the Knicks organization but isn't realizing that not many teams have room for a second round pick.

He could end up forcing his way out of NY to only end up overseas anyway.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:22 PM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hate it when unproven players try to do some hand forcing.

All the kid can do right now is shoot the ball. And with an NBA defense in his face, most of his shots are not gonna fall.

One article has him maybe one day being a Celtic. Now a bench that is thin, he may be able to get some time in.

Barring injuries no way he will crack the Knicks rotation.

But I think he could a good role-player to have around and I hope the Knicks make room for him.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:45 PM   #4
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I honestly don't blame him for being pissed. Its one thing if you get shipped to the D-League but overseas. That's not only a change in competition but a whole change in lifestyle. I couldnt ever imagine myself living anywhere but the US. Some people have a rough time adapting to different environments. It took me forever to adapt to living and going to school in Virginia after living in NY all my life and that's just another state. I think before you bash the guy you have to take into consideration the magnitude of the situation.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:44 PM   #5
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I honestly don't blame him for being pissed. Its one thing if you get shipped to the D-League but overseas. That's not only a change in competition but a whole change in lifestyle. I couldnt ever imagine myself living anywhere but the US. Some people have a rough time adapting to different environments. It took me forever to adapt to living and going to school in Virginia after living in NY all my life and that's just another state. I think before you bash the guy you have to take into consideration the magnitude of the situation.
No one is disputing that.

He also needs to realize that there are only a handful of teams that would even be in position to take him on this season. Those teams actually wanting him is an entirely different matter.

There is a serious chance he could force his way out of NY and still be caught in a numbers game forcing him overseas.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:25 PM   #6
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I think he has a lot of talent and a lot of GM's slept on him as they do on many players.

I would not want to play in Italy either.

He has the size and the shot, he needs to get playing time in the NBA to become a great player not Italy.

It may be a good thing he forced Zeke's hand on this. Let him get in camp and show some stuff.

Think about Collins and what if we didn't have so many injuries.

Isiah knows how to draft players then buries the guys on the bench...go figure.

The only way they get to show their stuff is when someone gets injured.....
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #7
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

the man could really play. in the summer league he played extremely well. he was automatic from the outside. i was surprised that he lasted all the way down in the second round. if im isiah i would definitely keep him. he's a type of guy if he goes overseas, nbdl, and all these other leauges he would probably be a top scorer.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:22 PM   #8
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Why not try trading\release Fred Jones and Dickau. Also, malik rose. I'm sure somebody needs his vet leadership. Too bad the big fat ass of jerome james is wasting a roster spot.

if only you can combine Jeffries and Nichols then we've solved the sf issue already
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:55 PM   #9
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Seriously, whats the criteria to be "worthy" of being a knick because to me he's already looked more impressive than Jeffries and this guy has been in the league and is getting a hefty salary. The guy can play and you mean to tell me he isnt worth a spot even on the end of the bench on a team who hasnt made the playoffs in @ least 2 years and isnt a lock to make it next year? are we really @ liberty to be turning our noses up to talent when our backup pg is nate robinson and we are paying like 6 mill to a guy with a baby afro,baby biceps and a baby's physique) getting major minutes and occasionally starting.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:11 PM   #10
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

actually our back-up pg is mardy collins...

but everything else i agree with. Nichols is too good to let go
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #11
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
....Nichols is too good to let go
No one is letting go of Nichols. The Knicks are doing their best to get him to just overseas cause at the moment they have no room for him.

No matter how highly the fans or Nichols himself think of his game the Knicks just don't have the roster room to offer him a contract. No amount of his b!tching will change that.

Only way the Knicks can sign Nichols is by either cutting two players or pulling a 3 for 1 trade. Now if someone can come up with a 3 for 1 trade I'd love to hear it.

Keep in mind if you trade Renaldo Balkman, David Lee, Mardy Collins, Wilson Chandler, Zach Randloph, or Eddy Curry for the ability to sign Demtris Nichols I'm going to call you a goddam fool.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:14 AM   #12
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

I like Nichols and he might become a very good or even great player. But he has yet to prove himself in action. Summer league means little.

Although I'd like to see him on the team this year and think he would prove to be an asset, I feel that he is in no position to dictate to the Knicks.

The Knicks will do what they think is best and will not cater to a second round pick no matter how good he may be if they have too many guaranteed contracts.

By being hardheaded, Nichols may wind up on the short end of the stick. I hope it works out for him though.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: