Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-29-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
CHAresurgence
I airball my layups

CHAresurgence has an OK reputation so far
Default Attendance this season

I went to game three against Orlando and the atmosphere was electric plus it was a packed house. Just wondering whether you all think it will carry over to this year or if the attendance and excitement around the team will just pick back up if/when we make the playoffs again.

Last edited by CHAresurgence : 07-29-2010 at 11:56 PM.
CHAresurgence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Attendance this season

I'm sure it will be just like any other NBA season. The first two or three home games will probably sell out. We'll sell out for the Celtics, Heat, and Lakers when they come through. And then the rest of the games will be minimal attendance (approx. 7,000) until the playoffs (if we make it).

The thing about the NBA (and MLB) is that there are so many games in a season that fans have more of an option to go see their team (baseball fans have 81 chances, NBA fans have 41). In the NFL, the fans only have a chance to see their favorite team 8 times in a season (unless you count preseason but few people go to those games).

I doubt Charlotte will ever have the attendance numbers of a Miami, Boston, Los Angeles Lakers, or Cleveland (last year). College basketball is just too strong in this area for that to happen.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

I expect attendance will be up. We're not exactly a shoe-in for the post season - but we have a very good chance of going again next year. I'd say we're on the up-swing of things.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
CHAresurgence
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I'm sure it will be just like any other NBA season. The first two or three home games will probably sell out. We'll sell out for the Celtics, Heat, and Lakers when they come through. And then the rest of the games will be minimal attendance (approx. 7,000) until the playoffs (if we make it).

The thing about the NBA (and MLB) is that there are so many games in a season that fans have more of an option to go see their team (baseball fans have 81 chances, NBA fans have 41). In the NFL, the fans only have a chance to see their favorite team 8 times in a season (unless you count preseason but few people go to those games).

I doubt Charlotte will ever have the attendance numbers of a Miami, Boston, Los Angeles Lakers, or Cleveland (last year). College basketball is just too strong in this area for that to happen.
Yea I went to two regular season games last year. It was amazing seeing the difference between those games and Game Three against the Magic.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #5
Lebron Bryant
Go Patriots!

Lebron Bryant has not been impressing people

I'm sure the big games were from mostly Lebron fans, Lakers fans, Celtics fans, and Magic fans.
Lebron Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:41 PM   #6
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron Bryant
I'm sure the big games were from mostly Lebron fans, Lakers fans, Celtics fans, and Magic fans.

AND Bobcats fans who can only pick a few games per season and therefore go to the games in which the Cats are playing the best teams.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
DWade3
Banned

DWade3 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayDWade3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Its gonna be crazy when the heat goes on the road this season every game will be a sell out too see The NWO!!
DWade3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:40 AM   #8
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

how many games do you guys plan on going to this year?
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:02 AM   #9
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I renewed my season tx. and I plan on going to most of the games. Attendance will be up from last season because more season tx have been sold thanks to MJ becoming owner. The challenge will be to keep improving in a conference that keeps getting better. If the fans don't see progress things could get sticky.

Our home games are fun even if the place is half-full. The OP is right though, the atmosphere during the playoffs was electric.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #10
CHAresurgence
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
AND Bobcats fans who can only pick a few games per season and therefore go to the games in which the Cats are playing the best teams.

Pretty much the boat I am in.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #11
CHAresurgence
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno

I'm thinking about doing the pick 20 deal but i'm not sure yet.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #12
jaggedmole
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jaggedmole has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno

I plan on at least 5 or so this year. Gonna go to the first home game. Then probably OKC and San Antonio. Definitely going to the Portland game. My friend is a huge Portland fan. And maybe one more throughout the season. I live in Greensboro, about an hour and a half away. If I lived closer, I'd go to at least one game per month.
jaggedmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:26 PM   #13
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggedmole
..... I live in Greensboro, about an hour and a half away. If I lived closer, I'd go to at least one game per month.

I hear ya. I live in Winston-Salem and driving even near rush hour traffic time I always allow three hours to get to the arena because I know from experience that you just never know what's going to happen on the interstates. The drive is almost as bad as being back in Los Angeles. (God forbid.)
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:05 AM   #14
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've contemplated selling my tx to the Miami games. I wonder how much they'll go for on stubhub?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #15
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Yeah, you can go to at least one of those games just to see LBJ, Wade and Bosh play together, then sell the other Heat game tickets for something crazy.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: