Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: ESPN Spin On Lance Armstrong Cheating - "He's like Robin Hood".

Lance didn't cheat in order to help people. He cheated to make himself famous by winning sporting events. He also helped people via his foundation. He didn't cheat in order to help people. That connection is funny to me.

Any of you grow up in an area where mafia homes are there? They donate a shitload to the neighborhood. If someone has a sick kid, they give what they can. They donate so the schools have a nice field and can buy computers for the kids. But they are not criminals to get money for these things. They are criminals to get money for themselves. Which they then use (in addition to buying huge freaking houses) partially to help others.

Lance isn't a simple human being, but the cheating part of it and the cover up wasn't some altruistic instinct, it was him protecting himself. The helping others was because he wanted to do it. It's two separate things.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    Sandusky ruined a bunch of innocent lives beyond repair in some cases on a level so depraved it's almost unspeakable.

Armstrong fought back against people trying to bring him down by using lying, legal wrangling and dirty tactics.

Many of those people harmed by Armstrong save one or two were already in deep trouble for their parts in cheating the sport and were trying to save their own bacon by cooperating in bringing Armstrong's cheating to light.

Massive difference.
    No.. Armstrong used all sorts of blackmailing, threats, and general despicable behavior to extort people into not speaking. He FORCED clean cyclists in his camp to dope so that everyone was involved and he wouldn't take all the individual blame.

LOL at protecting himself against people harming him. You obviously don't know shit about this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    No.. Armstrong used all sorts of blackmailing, threats, and general despicable behavior to extort people into not speaking. He FORCED clean cyclists in his camp to dope so that everyone was involved and he wouldn't take all the individual blame.

LOL at protecting himself against people harming him. You obviously don't know shit about this situation.
    You're missing the point. It's not comparable in any way shape or form to Sandusky. To even begin to try and connect those dots is idiotic. You're seriously trying to compare buttfu*king a 10 year old boy in the shower to suing somebody to keep their mouth shut

Love the insults btw, makes you so much more credible
    Last edited by daily; 01-16-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    He said "I don't see those people giving Sandusky a free pass" which implies that if you give Armstrong one, you should give Sandusky one. It's a completely ridiculous analogy.
    Why is ridiculous? Ridiculous is giving someone a free pass because he done something good at some point. Ridiculous is thinking it's ok to give a free pass to this guy but not to this one.

lol at Lance work with cancer being from the goodness of his heart.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Why is ridiculous? Ridiculous is giving someone a free pass because he done something good at some point. Ridiculous is thinking it's ok to give a free pass to this guy but not to this one.

lol at Lance work with cancer being from the goodness of his heart.
    I never said I give Lance a pass. If all of the things I'm reading he did were true, such as forcing teammates to use as well, then I certainly wouldn't defend that. Only thing I said concerning Lance is that I could care less about his own individual PED use. My comment was criticizing the analogy to Sandusky.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    I haven't seen the Oprah thing yet

is this the same "spin" that Lance himself is claiming?

you know, if his little escapade did result in $millions toward cancer research then I guess I am glad it happened...I really don't care about the Tour de France and who wins

in fact, I can't even name another person who has won it other than Lance...
    my understanding is that much of the funding is for cancer awareness, whatever that is, rather than actual research.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I never said I give Lance a pass. If all of the things I'm reading he did were true, such as forcing teammates to use as well, then I certainly wouldn't defend that. Only thing I said concerning Lance is that I could care less about his own individual PED use. My comment was criticizing the analogy to Sandusky.
    What I've learned in this thread is you're not allowed to be indifferent to Armstrong's doping. You're supposed to be outraged and if you're not you're morally bankrupt

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Lance Armstrong is a piece of $hit. He's a cheating, lying, son of a b1tch.

Poor Lance. He only cheated cause he wanted a better world. He threatened some of his team mates and their wives for world peace. He bullied people cause they were interfering with his plans to save the children from Africa.

Lance is a real life James Bond. Do whatever is necessary to save the world. Poor Lance now takes all the blame. People always forget you need BIG balls to admit a little wrong you did.

If Lance doesnt win a Nobel prize than these prizes are the nut low.
    Last edited by FPJ; 01-17-2013 at 07:19 AM.

Did he even had cancer? Or did he had some doping, transfusions related problem and decided to pass it as cancer and create a great story? He has the ego.

Why would any doctor come forward and say they took money to tell he had cancer, and look like a villain, lose costumers and the job, etc...

Really, did he even had cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Really, did he even had cancer?
    This is nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by FPJ
    This is nuts!

No, just one.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FPJ
    Poor Lance. He only cheated cause he wanted a better world. He threatened some of his team mates and their wives for world peace. He bullied people cause they were interfering with his plans to save the children from Africa.

Lance is a real life James Bond. Do whatever is necessary to save the world. Poor Lance now takes all the blame. People always forget you need BIG balls to admit a little wrong you did.

If Lance doesnt win a Nobel prize than these prizes are the nut low.