Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    College star

Default Re: At 5-7, we lead the division..

lol. same conversation year to year. hopefully this will be the year we can have a great tank and finally be able to get a top pick in a very strong draft. I think if the knicks realize after 20 games that this is not their year they are going to go into tank mode and go for a high draft pick.

All these east coast teams are gonna go into tank mode after 30-40 games except the raptors ofcourse. We are too stupid to be able to tank properly.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    Call me bold, but I can see both Brooklyn and NY coming back into the playoff picture before the seasons out. Chandler they said is out 4-6 weeks, so that means unless it gets pushed back he probably comes back sometime mid december or if they are really cautious with it, in January. Brooklyn made a higher seed with a lesser team last year. They need some time to figure things out. As for Toronto, they may not finish at the top of the division but with the way the east is panning out they do have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...nthony-knicks/

Melo cant do it alone...

Chandler wont be in game shape till post All Star I suspect.

I dont think the Knicks can do it. They are cooked. Its influenced by hopeful wish on my side (maybe) but I dont see it with the pieces they have.

A trade would help but where they get talent and CAP relief ?

The Nets can / could do it... no disagreement based on all your logic above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...nthony-knicks/

Melo cant do it alone...

Chandler wont be in game shape till post All Star I suspect.

I dont think the Knicks can do it. They are cooked. Its influenced by hopeful wish on my side (maybe) but I dont see it with the pieces they have.

A trade would help but where they get talent and CAP relief ?

The Nets can / could do it... no disagreement based on all your logic above.
    Not like the Raptors are much better anyways. They are 6-7 in an division that includes a injured Brook Lopez and Tyson Chandler. They are under 500 as we speak and I just don't think they can keep winning with the Nets and Knicks around.

Quote Originally Posted by kmart
    Not like the Raptors are much better anyways. They are 6-7 in an division that includes a injured Brook Lopez and Tyson Chandler. They are under 500 as we speak and I just don't think they can keep winning with the Nets and Knicks around.
    Yeah, I tend to feel like things always balance out in the end. We're 13 games deep, in an 82 game season. The Knicks and the Nets have players on their respective teams that know how to win. Sure, it's possible that they continue to suck for the rest of the season, but logic would tell you that the Nets will get back their 2 best players (Lopez and Williams) and go on a run. And the Knicks will figure things out and get back their most important player (Chandler) and go on a run as well. As for Toronto, well we're an enigma right now. It is actually possible that we could continue to play average ball the rest of the season and make the playoffs. The difference is, playing average is our ceiling whereas with those other 2 teams, they have top 5 potential which is why they have a chance at coming back into the picture.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    The difference is, playing average is our ceiling whereas with those other 2 teams, they have top 5 potential which is why they have a chance at coming back into the picture.
    Agreed based on Nets.

Did you see Knicks last night verses Portland ?

The more I see of the Knicks the more I am convinced this team cannot do it even if Chandler comes back.

I assume Chandler will come back but not be at game speed till all star. Shupert is just playing out the stretch till he can get traded. The PG and ball movement is awful and I dont think Felton brings that much more to the table. Melo looks like he is carrying the whole world on his shoulders in body language.

I had them as top 5 in my EC predictions but if they are winning at a 33% clip heading into the all star - they dont even make the playoffs.

Atlanta, Toronto, Washington, Detroit, Cleveland (more or less in that order) are just that good enough that they can exploit the Knicks cohesion issues.

Local High School Star

Take a look at the Knicks schedule between this week and Christmas.

Clippers this week to Thunder on Christmas day.

There are some Celtic/Magic/Bucks games in there but there is one important Nets game and a whole lot of west conference. Interestingly the Knicks will finish the season against the Raptors with two games at the tail end.

Yeah, the Nets on paper have the best team in the division. I guess it doesnt always play out that way. But i do figure theyll still have a shot at a playoff seed if they ever get it together.

Today just proved that the Raps won't be at the top of the division for long. They weren't able to handle the Nets at home with a healthy line up the and Nets were without Brook Lopez and Deron Williams.

I think this game went on to further my point. The Nets and the Knicks will probably improve as the year goes by (especially the Nets). 6-8 where we are currently is pretty close to what our ceiling is, which is that of a .500 or just below .500 team if everything goes perfectly well. We're not even really built for the playoffs despite their being a chance of us slipping in there.

Banned

They are not gonna lead anymore after Friday.