Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 12-16-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing better

What are your team and player observations so far?

Who on the team is playing better than expected? (And what's better about them?)

And who has been disappointing?

And, how about the team as a whole, what are the key needs now that we're a month and a half into the season?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:05 PM   #2
Maniak
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing better

OJ=ROY. Also, Gasol is legit. Also also, Gay is legit.

Who on the team is playing better than expected? (And what's better about them?)

I didnt expect to see that much out of Gasol, but Im impressed. This guy is an amazing player, and will develop into a star in coming years.

Yet again, Darko of course. Last few games have been OK, but not worth the pick DET used for him.

And, how about the team as a whole, what are the key needs now that we're a month and a half into the season?

Make some frontcourt move arounds. Get some picks too, seeing as this team is trying to stay as young as they can.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Default Re: What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak

OJ=ROY. Also, Gasol is legit. Also also, Gay is legit.

I didnt expect to see that much out of Gasol, but Im impressed. This guy is an amazing player, and will develop into a star in coming years.

Yet again, Darko of course. Last few games have been OK, but not worth the pick DET used for him.

Make some frontcourt move arounds. Get some picks too, seeing as this team is trying to stay as young as they can.
How many Grizz games have you watched again?

Darko has been a pleasant surprise which is why he's starting. He has been staying aggressive on offense and staying active on defense. Conley and Warrick have been the disappointing ones. Both have been inconsistent throughout the season. I think we need a scorer for our bench and some three point shooting. I hope some way we can get Luther Head or J.J. Redick.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #4
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing be

Team observations, are that recently, we've been playing better team basketball. However, before our little winning streak, we weren't passing the ball as much. Also, we need to be getting the ball to Gasol more. This guy should be getting 10-12 shot attempts a game.

Mayo has really impressed me. I didn't think he'd be this good this soon, even on a team like Memphis. Arthur isn't consistent, yet I've took a shine to him. He'll have a good game followed by a not so good game, but the guy works his butt off and brings energy to the game.

Gay hasn't improved since last season, basically the exact same player. Little to no improvement on D, still unwilling to pass, he needs to work on his game. Warrick and Conley have been very disappointing, neither of them have shown me anything special, apart from that they can't perform well consistently.

Big men. We have Gasol, who is not getting enough touches. Darko, who is mentally unstable and most times, can't keep his head in the game. Huge liability. Warrick, who is having a poor season and not playing consistently. Arthur, who provides energy, defense and some offense, is a good back up PF, but only to a good scoring PF, which we don't have. I'd definitly say that's our biggest need, either a scoring PF, or a scorer who can come off the bench.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:02 PM   #5
lilojmayo
TP23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi
How many Grizz games have you watched again?

Darko has been a pleasant surprise which is why he's starting. He has been staying aggressive on offense and staying active on defense. Conley and Warrick have been the disappointing ones. Both have been inconsistent throughout the season. I think we need a scorer for our bench and some three point shooting. I hope some way we can get Luther Head or J.J. Redick.

yeah darko is actually a servicable big man nice size conley has been playing well also

5 out of our last 7 and the hornets game we took them to the end
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: