Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #31
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Lakers Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
No point trading for Lopez, being the black hole on offence that he is it wouldn't be too long before Kobe strangled him to death for not passing making us lose Bynum for nothing

doesnt matter...he played on the worse team in the NBA. He still has value obviously....we can trade him and get some good value out of him if it doesnt work out

but every situation is different....in NJ who was he suppose to differ too???
on lakers he would be playing alongside of kobe/deron/pau/metta
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:53 AM   #32
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
doesnt matter...he played on the worse team in the NBA. He still has value obviously....we can trade him and get some good value out of him if it doesnt work out

but every situation is different....in NJ who was he suppose to differ too???
on lakers he would be playing alongside of kobe/deron/pau/metta

Dude, I was just messing around, hence the at the end
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:12 AM   #33
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
Dude, I was just messing around, hence the at the end

Lol sorry still in hangover mode from yesterday's loss
Old 05-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #34
qrich
King Heno

Amnesty Steve Blake

Trade TPE + 2 2nds to the Hornets for Trevor Ariza

Bynum, McRoberts to the Houston Rockets for Dragic (S&T), Dalembert, Martin and #16 (Terrance Ross)

Ramon Sessions to Utah for Raja Bell and #47 (Drew Gordon)

Sign Chris Kaman to the MLE.

Sign Ronnie Price to the Minimum.

Trade Darius Morris for a future 2nd or waive him

PG: Goran Dragic | Ronnie Price | Andrew G'Lock
SG: Kobe Bryant | Kevin Martin | Terrance Ross
SF: Trevor Ariza | David Ebanks | Raja Bell
PF: Pau Gasol | | Jordan Hill | Josh McRoberts
CE: Chris Kaman | Samuel Dalembert | Drew Gordon

That depth
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #35
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Amnesty Steve Blake

Bynum, McRoberts to the Houston Rockets for Dragic (S&T), Dalembert, Martin and #16 (Terrance Ross)

That depth

The problem with this off-season is it is literally too successful. Depth yes, but how to make everyone happy? That can pose a big problem. A first world problem, so to speak.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #36
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
The problem with this off-season is it is literally too successful. Depth yes, but how to make everyone happy? That can pose a big problem. A first world problem, so to speak.

Who wouldn't be happy in that situation? Martin would be the only one I could think of, and if he is, Lakers can easily deal his expiring contract elsewhere for youth/picks if needed. Dalembert should understand he is no longer a 30 minute C and Kaman/Gasol would make a good high/low post tandem since both are also good passers for their sizes.

Getting Houston to agree will be the toughest thing to do. Might have to let them keep #16 or swap Martin with Scola.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #37
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Who wouldn't be happy in that situation? Martin would be the only one I could think of, and if he is, Lakers can easily deal his expiring contract elsewhere for youth/picks if needed. Dalembert should understand he is no longer a 30 minute C and Kaman/Gasol would make a good high/low post tandem since both are also good passers for their sizes.

Getting Houston to agree will be the toughest thing to do. Might have to let them keep #16 or swap Martin with Scola.

Playing time is an issue. While these players want to win, they also want to win on their own terms.

Raja Bell and McRoberts as third stringers speaks enough as it is. That would be around 12 players on the team who would expect at least half the game off of the bench.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #38
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Amnesty Steve Blake

That depth

fcuk off with that idea of trading bynum for a bunch of junk....lakers can get that trade for Pau....why would they trade a 24yr old upcoming superstar center?
Old 05-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #39
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

Here's a repost from my own thread locked by lakerfreak. Apparently only lakerfreak is allowed to create redundant threads about the Laker's offseason.

Like most of my fellow Lakers fans, I was a bit depressed when the Lakers lost yesterday, but instead of drowning in my sorrow, I decided to spend a few hours researching how to rebuild this Laker team back into serious contention. Bear with me fellas. This should be good read for the die hards out there, and quite realistic I hope.

So without further ado, I present to you 6 steps to a successful Laker offseason:
1)Lakers pick up Hill's option.
2)Sessions picks up his 4.5 mill player option.
3)Kobe persuades Laker's FO to resign Lamar/DFish back to LA using min MLE/vet minimum.
4)Lakers fire Mike Brown and Kobe convinces them to hire Phil Jackson to reuse the triangle.
5)Lakers trade McRoberts + Morris to the Grizzlies for Mayo
6)3-team trade:
Lakers send: Gasol, Blake
Receive: Lowry, Williams, Beasley

Rockets send: Lowry, Martin
Receive: Gasol, Blake

Wolves send: Williams, Beasley
Receive: Martin

Final Lakers roster if it all goes down:
PG: Lowry/Sessions/Fisher
SG: Bryant/Mayo/Goudelock
SF: MWP/Beasley/Ebanks
PF: Williams/Odom
C: Bynum/Hill

Coaching staff: Phil Jackon/Brian Shaw/Derek Fisher

Now some of you are probably saying right now. Where's Deron Williams and/or Dwight Howard? Bynum still on the roster instead of Gasol ? Take a breather, and let me explain.

It's clear from Pau's play the past 2 seasons that he's tired of the trade rumors flying around and has been playing unmotivated ball. I want to thank him for being apart of the Laker's 3 title runs and wish him all the best, but it's a move that has to be made. With that said, fear not, Lowry is amongst the hardest workers in this league, capable of guarding Cp3/Westbrook and holding his own offensively. This also pushes Sessions back to his natural bench position where he has excelled (11pts/5asts for the previous 5 seasons as a bench player). An underrated pickup in this trade is soon to be 2nd year man Derrick Williams. I've seen Kobe play with this kid in the summer league pickup games. His game reminds me of a young Amare but a harder working/hustle type of big plus his quick lateral quickness will prevent other teams from exploiting the Lakers in pick n rolls like they did with Gasol and Bynum when they were both on the floor.

Why would the other teams do this trade? Let's start with Minny. With the incredible production from Kevin Love and the emergence of Pekovic, the Wolves really have no room to develop Williams. Why not trade him for a 2nd go to scorer that they desperately need to get to that next level in Kevin Martin. Houston does the trade that they've been wanting to do earlier this season. For those that missed the trade deadline rumors, Gasol was supposed to be moved earlier this season for Lowry, but an untimely stomach injury hit the Houston guard causing the Lakers to backpedal. Now with the emergence of Goran Dragic, it makes even more sense for the Rockets to deal Lowry for Gasol. I don't know why, but GMs love the idea of pairing up euro stars (just like when Minny wanted to pair Rubio up with Gasol). Houston also gets Blake as a decent replacement to backup Dragic. That leaves us with Memphis. On paper McRoberts + Morris for Mayo doesn't look so good. However, you have to remember that Memphis has tried to trade Mayo for McRoberts twice in his career, but pulled out at the last minute. Mayo is due to make roughly 6mill next season and will probably test free agency. If the Grizzlies don't plan to pay him or want to lose him for nothing, why not do the trade they've been wanting to do for awhile now? They also shed a few million in salary and receive a young player in Morris in return.

Now on to the new and improved bench mob: Mayo, along with Sessions and Beasley add, more than necessary, the firepower needed to the 2nd unit. Odom comes back motivated with a chip on his shoulder and can re-assume point forward duties in the triangle offense. Fisher brings back the veteran locker room presence. The key here is Mayo will be playing behind Bryant and may spell minutes at the 1 and 3 depending on the night. Plus learning from Bryant may be just what Mayo needs to transition into the Laker's next star 2 guard. The Lakers goal should be to have Bryant play in the range of 30-32 minutes a night and still be able to hold on to leads when the starters go to the bench.

Finally, the coaching change. We all saw this one coming. The Laker's lone win in the 2nd round only delayed the inevitable. Although the Lakers had become better defensively under Brown, it wasn't by much at the cost of their potent offense which we've become so accustomed to for the previous 4 years. Phil, though unlikely to coach again, I believe would only coach this team in the league since it has all of the players he needs to run his triangle offense. So how about it Zen Master, feeling a little nostalgic for #12?

Please chime in, all constructive comments are welcome. It's going to be a long offseason boys, keep ya heads up

TLDR:

Final Lakers roster if it all of the above goes down:
PG: Lowry/Sessions/Fisher
SG: Bryant/Mayo/Goudelock
SF: MWP/Beasley/Ebanks
PF: Williams/Odom
C: Bynum/Hill

Coaching staff: Phil Jackon/Brian Shaw/Derek Fisher
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #40
BØBØ
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89
Another off season idea:

Revisit the Rockets. Got to figure they don't want to let Dragic just walk, and maybe Lowery's value is lower now because of his injury and because of Dragic. Plus, they'd love to get rid of Scola and Martin (so much money for older guys, and they have good young players at those positions already on their roster)
Maybe a 3 team seal like this:

Lakers out:
Gasol
MWP

Lakers in:
Lowery (or Dragic in S&T)
Scola
Beasley (in S&T)

Rockets out:
Martin
Scola
Lowery (or Dragic)

Rockets in:
Gasol
MWP

Wolves out:
Beasley

Wolves in:
Martin

Have to wait until after July 1, as the Wolves would then be able to take on Martin's deal. Adelman loves Martin, and the Wolves need a SG, plus Martin would be in the last year of his deal. Good deal for the Wolves for a player who will probably walk for nothing.

Rockets would get Gasol, a player they covet, and get rid of 2 big contracts.

Lakers get a starting PG which would allow us to go to a 3 guard rotation, with Kobe, Lowery and Sessions all getting minutes. And Scola would be a nice fit at the 4 alongside Bynum. His offensive game actually would be a better fit than Pau, as he has a nice mid range game. (though his D is severely lacking). I'd still go after Ariza and have a 3 forward rotation of Scola, Ariza and Beasley, with Drew dominating inside.

Be better than what we have now, and would shed some salary, save about 3 mil outright by my calculations.

I still like my Josh Smith, Ariza, Hinrich idea better.
Lakers pay luxury tax they cannot be involved in sign and trade or extend and trade deals coming or going. Straight cash homey
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:50 AM   #41
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Hey Balls Out, that was a great read and very well thought out

But..... cut Lakerfreak some slack, his volunteer job on here is to keep things organized and running smoothly, keeping the peace, creating new threads, new ideas.....bringing a sense of community. I'm 100% positive he was not trying to offend you by locking your post, it's really better that we keep this in 1 thread.
For all the crap I give LF about coaching issues , he is worth his weight in gold as a mod, always a complete class act without a big ego or a vindictive attitude. IMO, he is the MVP of the Lakers forum .
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:39 AM   #42
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Hey Balls Out, that was a great read and very well thought out

But..... cut Lakerfreak some slack, his volunteer job on here is to keep things organized and running smoothly, keeping the peace, creating new threads, new ideas.....bringing a sense of community. I'm 100% positive he was not trying to offend you by locking your post, it's really better that we keep this in 1 thread.
For all the crap I give LF about coaching issues , he is worth his weight in gold as a mod, always a complete class act without a big ego or a vindictive attitude. IMO, he is the MVP of the Lakers forum .

I have nothing personal against you or lakerfreak. I just think its a double standard that he could post a duplicate thread while this particular offseason thread was the first to be created and then I create one and mine gets locked while his stays open. At least be consistent and just have one thread altogether.

Anyways, would love to hear your guy's comments about the essay I wrote about the Lakers offseason. Objections, criticisms, any sort of input or feedback would be great so that I would feel that I didn't waste a few hours of my life for nothing (though really I would like to think that someone in the Laker's front office reads this stuff, I deserve some credit for the Sessions deal! )
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:40 AM   #43
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
fcuk off with that idea of trading bynum for a bunch of junk....lakers can get that trade for Pau....why would they trade a 24yr old upcoming superstar center?

Yes, that is really a bunch of junk.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #44
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
I have nothing personal against you or lakerfreak. I just think its a double standard that he could post a duplicate thread while this particular offseason thread was the first to be created and then I create one and mine gets locked while his stays open. At least be consistent and just have one thread altogether.

Anyways, would love to hear your guy's comments about the essay I wrote about the Lakers offseason. Objections, criticisms, any sort of input or feedback would be great so that I would feel that I didn't waste a few hours of my life for nothing (though really I would like to think that someone in the Laker's front office reads this stuff, I deserve some credit for the Sessions deal! )

If you had beat me to it, yours would have stayed. But I apologize for deleting it. I know you worked hard on it.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #45
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Yes, that is really a bunch of junk.

Nah, your off-season was nice. My issue though is distributing minutes to everyone. Most coaches run with 8-9 man rotations. It'd just be tough thats all im saying.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: