Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
Chrono90
Local High School Star

Chrono90 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Anyone knows what is Dajuan Wagner doing now???

He was a really good baller before the injury. He was goin to be the next AI. I know warriors dropped him. Anyone has any info on what he is doing right now???
maybe oversea??? or is he still even playing????
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation
Default Re: Anyone knows what is Dajuan Wagner doing now???

He dropped a few 50+ point games in the league he was in a year or two ago. Haven't heard about him since.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

gotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this board

he is playing in poland. actually plays on the same team as former arizona pg mustafa shakur, as well as former raptor pape sow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prokom_Trefl_Sopot

edit: here are the team stats:

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...s?clubcode=sop

he didnt do so hot this season... 8.3 ppg and made only 29% of his 2 pointers (these stats are weird-looking)

Last edited by gotbacon23 : 06-30-2008 at 03:28 PM.
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbacon23
he is playing in poland. actually plays on the same team as former arizona pg mustafa shakur, as well as former raptor pape sow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prokom_Trefl_Sopot

edit: here are the team stats:

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...s?clubcode=sop

he didnt do so hot this season... 8.3 ppg and made only 29% of his 2 pointers (these stats are weird-looking)
He's either injured or got waived because he's only played 6 games in the season.

He's probably going to do Summer League this year so he could maybe make another NBA team.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:41 PM   #5
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

gotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
He's either injured or got waived because he's only played 6 games in the season.

He's probably going to do Summer League this year so he could maybe make another NBA team.

actually that was just the teams euroleague stats. so its not the whole season. the teams play in their own respective country team leagues (so in this case, the polish league), and then the top teams in each country league comes together to form the euroleague, where there is a 14 game season and then playoffs to bring the league down to 16 teams, 8 teams, etc...

as you can see the most any player played on that team was 14 games, so they must have made the euro league, but didnt advance any further. i dont know where to find his polish league stats but if i find them, ill post them.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:55 PM   #6
WAGNAtheoriginal
I brick open layups

WAGNAtheoriginal has decent reputation

I was never as good as the hype that surrounded me coming out, after I gained enormous notoritey for dropping 100 in HS I became severely overated and scouts seemed to ignore my deficiencies (undersized, inconsistant shot, no range, average quickess, poor court vision). Without the colon problem I could have easily put up 13 points and 4 dimz in the L though, becasue my game is putting the ball in the basket. I get my buckets, plain and simple. No doubts I can ball, but calling me the next AI was like calling Harold Monor the next MJ. I am a poor man's Mike James basically.

But I don't really care because I'm WAGNA and I get more ***** than the entire state of Wyoming.
WAGNAtheoriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:01 PM   #7
DinoRadja40
Favre's Last Stand

DinoRadja40 is considered somewhat coolDinoRadja40 is considered somewhat cool

I remember whennnn.......

The cavs were pumped about Lebron coming in a year and they were siked about there future outlook of:

PG: Dejuan Wagner
SG: Lebron James
SF: Darius Miles
PF: TBD,
C:IGGY

lol look at them now!
DinoRadja40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:08 PM   #8
WAGNAtheoriginal
I brick open layups

WAGNAtheoriginal has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoRadja40
I remember whennnn.......

The cavs were pumped about Lebron coming in a year and they were siked about there future outlook of:

PG: Dejuan Wagner
SG: Lebron James
SF: Darius Miles
PF: TBD,
C:IGGY

lol look at them now!

no it went like this you clown:

g-me (WAGNA)
g-ricky davis
f-lebron
f-darius
c-diop
WAGNAtheoriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #10
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DULLAH
Darius Miles was in plenty of Nike commercials...

But d@mn, Dejuan Wagner is on a long list of short, overrated scoring guards with suspect J's and extra-suspect percentages...

Is that true he averaged 8ppg and shot 29% in Poland ?

well in 6 euroleague games yes... i dont know what his stats are for the polish league (my post earlier explains how euroleague works... first you have your country league season, then your euroleague season)... so a 6 game sample might not be that reflective.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #11
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He was one of the most hyped guards coming in the league when he entered. Its a shame he has had a rash of injuries and bad luck bc he had some potential.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:23 PM   #12
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGNAtheoriginal
I was never as good as the hype that surrounded me coming out, after I gained enormous notoritey for dropping 100 in HS I became severely overated and scouts seemed to ignore my deficiencies (undersized, inconsistant shot, no range, average quickess, poor court vision). Without the colon problem I could have easily put up 13 points and 4 dimz in the L though, becasue my game is putting the ball in the basket. I get my buckets, plain and simple. No doubts I can ball, but calling me the next AI was like calling Harold Monor the next MJ. I am a poor man's Mike James basically.

But I don't really care because I'm WAGNA and I get more ***** than the entire state of Wyoming.

From Someone Who has seen him play Plenty:
Well Lets see, Yes He was as good as the hype. He is a scoring machine and is ALOT better than Mike James. He would easily be 20ppg scorer in the L with starters minutes but even coming off the bench he could be a 15-17 ppg player. He is a bit undersized (a tweener)but he can play. As far as Range goes...... U R sooooo Wrong on that one. It was/is unlimited. His Quickness is above average but combine that with his strength and the ability to get his shot off in traffic he was lethal.

The knocks He had to work on going Left. He wasn't a bad passer but could also do more of it especially when running point. Had to become a better Defender.

Can he still play in the League, who knows but I think he is still better than some of the garbage that is still floating around the league.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:43 PM   #13
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
Well Lets see, Yes He was as good as the hype. He is a scoring machine and is ALOT better than Mike James. He would easily be 20ppg scorer in the L with starters minutes but even coming off the bench he could be a 15-17 ppg player. He is a bit undersized (a tweener)but he can play. As far as Range goes...... U R sooooo Wrong on that one. It was/is unlimited. His Quickness is above average but combine that with his strength and the ability to get his shot off in traffic he was lethal.

The knocks He had to work on going Left. He wasn't a bad passer but could also do more of it especially when running point. Had to become a better Defender.

Can he still play in the League, who knows but I think he is still better than some of the garbage that is still floating around the league.
Yeah he could play in the league again if he could get healthy and apparently he was waived by the Polish team after he started suffering injuries that prevented him from playing.

He's currently in Chicago going through extensive training to possibly get a summer league spot like he did last year but left the team.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:17 AM   #14
Chrono90
Local High School Star

Chrono90 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

thats right man.. He could have easily been a 20ppg scorer. He was nice. I was actually a big fan of his when he came out. He would have been better than mike james. i hope he can overcome the injuries and get in the L to stay for good.
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:08 AM   #15
chocolatethunder
National High School Star

chocolatethunder has decent reputationchocolatethunder has decent reputation

Quote:

This guy is a bum and always will be. He was crap before his injuries. He is a 2 guard in a point guard's body and is a chucker. He was a crap passer. It amazes me that if you are young and chuck up 40 shots to get 20 points and are from the hood, then every kid on this board is going to start a thread about you every week or so saying that you have so much "potential" and could be so good with "starters minutes" or if you were only allowed to "play his game". It's pathetic. If it's a white american or some Euro after two bad games they're always busts. There is at least one thread a month started about Wagner and his "skills" and we still have threads once a month that say Bogut is a bust and that Yao is a bust. It's great comedy coming from 15 year old white kids keepin it Gangsta in suburbia.
chocolatethunder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: