Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default What's the obsession with hating Facebook?

I only just got one about two years ago and don't see where all the fuss is coming from.

I hear people complain that they sell user info and invade your privacy. I don't have anything on my facebook that i wouldn't be willing to share with a total stranger. If you are sharing private information over something called the World Wide Web (particularly in places geared towards Social Networking), then you may be too ignorant to be left unsupervised. I never once went on the internet and shared something with the idea that it was meant to remain private; that's an oxymoron if you ask me. Facebook isn't doing anything that the rest of the web wasn't doing long before Facebook came along. If you think there is a such thing as privacy on the internet, you're being naive.

So why are so many ant-facebook? For individuals with a sense of self control its a convenient and useful tool for networking and staying in the know with family/associates without having to spend too much of your day trying to find a reason to text message/call dozens of people just to get an update on them. If there are those who allow themselves to become obsessed with using the site all day, then isn't that their problem and not Facebook's problem? Its not as if the absence of social networking sites would suddenly make these people more productive; they'd simply find something else to feel the gap.

The most hilarious part of it all are the deactivators. Those who deactivate their facebook because they can't stay off the site or because they are suddenly anti-facebook. Really? If you can't stay off the site then you may want to consider your issues run deeper than facebook.

I just don't get people's logic sometimes. We point the finger at everyone except the mirror in front of us and wonder why nothing changes except the excuses we make.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What's the obsession with hating Facebook?

I don't hate Facebook. I hate the people on Facebook, which is ironic, really, since those people are my "friends."
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
I don't hate Facebook. I hate the people on Facebook, which is ironic, really, since those people are my "friends."

Agreed. It's a window into my friends stupidity that I'd rather not look through.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
ballup
Post Game Chuck Hayes

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think it's partly from how big it has become and how it has changed. Before it blew up, it was a site for young people to connect with people they don't see or communicate often. Now, it's for everyone and people don't like it's non-exclusivity. Everyone sees or finds about everything you do. Also add that it makes people look dumb for their bad pics, statuses, and/or actions, people don't like what Facebook can be used for. It's a great social connector I must admit.

I never really got into it even though I had it since highschool. Me worrying about the quantity of "friends" was not good for me mentally or hopelessly waiting for a crush to post on my wall hurt my mental psyche for a while.

Last edited by ballup : 08-14-2012 at 09:24 PM.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
This. I hate those "like my status", "like if jb, share if 1d" and other bullsh!t.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
WockaVodka
Banned

WockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputationWockaVodka has a terrific reputation

I only use facebook to talk to good friends and family of mine. I fail to see the purpose of accepting and adding everyone on facebook.
WockaVodka is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: