Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-26-2006, 03:20 PM   #1
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default Turn the trade around

Hypothetically speaking would you trade, TODAY:
Odom
Kwame
Farmar

for Shaq?

Not an easy call one way or the other.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:50 PM   #2
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

You have to add Brian Grant's huge contract b/c that was probably a big incentive for us, knowing in what 3 yrs? we would have an extra like $15mil off the books and have both good players and flexibility for the future. I would still do it, I mean u look @ How snaq turned out, he was definitely on the decline and wasn't willing to take a pay cut like he was w/ the MIA. We would be paying like $30 mil to a guy that avereged like 10ppg in the finals. On the other hand Kobe had his best season, Odom seems to have found himself, Kwame played his best bball of his careeer in the 2nd half of the season and we have cap relief. If Farmar turns into any kind of a player this deal might look pretty one-sided.

Last edited by dblockallstars : 07-26-2006 at 03:52 PM.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:41 PM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

interesting question, but my answer at this point is "no." now, if you framed the question differently, as if i could ignore the past, then i might say yes.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:26 PM   #4
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
interesting question, but my answer at this point is "no." now, if you framed the question differently, as if i could ignore the past, then i might say yes.

that's actually what I meant. Today, no history. Would you make that trade before this season starts if it presented itself?
Old 07-26-2006, 11:30 PM   #5
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

I think I might have to say yes to that trade. With VladRad sitting outside, Cook would play well along side Shaq given his solid outside shooting. If we could somehow manage to acquire Reggie Evans, then we would own the glass.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:41 AM   #6
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dang, I was hoping you would not agree and make me make a decision! LOL

Ok, I think I would take Shaq to be honest. While he is not nearly as dominant as he used to be, he creates a lot of space in the middle, opening up opportunities that Kobe could thrive on, among others.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:25 AM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hell no!!!

I would trade for him in the last year of his contract so I can get 20 million dollars extra added to the cap space. But hell I don't want him playing. This isn't because he is getting old but because I can never forgive him ever.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:08 AM   #8
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Hell no!!!

I would trade for him in the last year of his contract so I can get 20 million dollars extra added to the cap space. But hell I don't want him playing. This isn't because he is getting old but because I can never forgive him ever.

You are supposed to ignore the past as if it never happened!

Now what would you do!
Old 07-27-2006, 11:19 AM   #9
Legend
I hit open layups

Legend has no real reputation yet.

Hell No!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #10
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

With no history..i would say yes becasue i would think teaming kobe and shaq=championship if shaq+wade=championship...just based on how the team situation is...they are not really at the level of the top teams..i would pull it off because shaq still is the biggest differenc maker in the game...no one makes the impact in the game like he does...not kobe, not lebron, not wade...these guys will put up huge stats but they wont change an offense or defense like shaq would...hes a very skilled passer too...he can create space on the floor and still find the open man...even at his old age..hes still the most dominant force down low and i think teaming them up would give them one more championship
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:28 PM   #11
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

No possible way would the lakers make that trade. Odom and Brown are still in there prime and Farmer appears to be a diamond in the ruff, that trade would makle no sense at all. Shaq had as much to do with that ring in Miami as Kurt Rambis had to do with the Lakers in the 80s. The reason why Miami won a ring is because they have a future hall of famer that was on a rookie salary, which enabled the Heat to surround them with a great supporting cast. Mourning played much better ball in that sieres than Shaq. Dont be suprised if Shaq and Alonzo minutes are real close to each other. Oh we cant forget the great Riley coaching the Heat.
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:35 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
With no history..i would say yes becasue i would think teaming kobe and shaq=championship if shaq+wade=championship...just based on how the team situation is...they are not really at the level of the top teams..i would pull it off because shaq still is the biggest differenc maker in the game...no one makes the impact in the game like he does...not kobe, not lebron, not wade...these guys will put up huge stats but they wont change an offense or defense like shaq would...hes a very skilled passer too...he can create space on the floor and still find the open man...even at his old age..hes still the most dominant force down low and i think teaming them up would give them one more championship

But Kwame and Odom are both starting to produce more and more and Farmar has potential to be a very solid starter in this league like mike bibby probably.

Its giving up too much talent.

Also dont forget It wasnt just wade and shaq. they also had walker, williams, payton, mourning...for cryin out loud theyre worst player was derek anderson and hes a great player. they had so much offensive production.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:36 PM   #13
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
cryin out loud theyre worst player was derek anderson and hes a great player. they had so much offensive production.

You put Doleac over Anderson??? haha
Old 07-28-2006, 02:03 AM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
You put Doleac over Anderson??? haha
My bad But even Doleac can contribute regularly.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:50 AM   #15
The Laker Link
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Laker Link has no real reputation yet.

Maybe in a few years...when it wouldn't cost Odom to get him back.....

Or where he could be replaced with someone else.....
The Laker Link is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: