Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: #11 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Co-sign.

Stop making LeBron fans look bad man. You're not helping his case at all. You're just like Kennethgriffin to Kobe. Probably not as bad, but still. Why make an unfair comparison?
    Agreed, ironically stans of a player who try to boost their favorite player on ISH often do exactly the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    So if you're going to count when Lebron was a runner up, don't you think you should count that for everybody else?
    I do and they were not DPOY runner ups...

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    ......................Lebron............Oscar..... .........West..........
    MVP...................3...................1....... .............0..............
    FMVP..................1..................0........ ............1...............
    CHAMP...............1(the man).....1(sidekick)......1(sidekick)..
    ROTY................Yes................Yes........ .........No.............
    DPOY..............RunnerUp.........No............. .....No.............
    1st All-NBA.........6...................9................. ..10.............
    1st All-Def..........4...................0................ ....4..............
    All-Star MVP........2...................3.................. .1..............
    All-Star..............8...................12.......... .......14..............
    POTM................20..................0......... ..........0...............
    Best Player?.......Yes..............Never.............N ever...........

You use POTM here even though it was never an award during Robertson's or West's career.

I mean, of course, anyone that has a brain knows that POTM is pretty insignificant when it comes to ranking players, but it's the pettiness of using it that shows just how pathetic you are when it comes to defending your boy LeBron.

I'm going to start doing this when I compare Russell and Kareem and use Finals MVPs as one of my categories when I want people to rank Kareem higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronn23
    You're the biggest homer on this site, you have no reason to talk about someone else.
    Homer? Is that the best you could do with that alt-account? Prove it to me please... a homer is a player fan that will always favor his favorite player over others... biasness so to speak... a homer is not a guy favoring the player that deserves to be favored based ON FACTS...

Good try...
    Last edited by pauk; 08-24-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Banned

The King, LeBron James.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

You use POTM here even though it was never an award during Robertson's or West's career.

I mean, of course, anyone that has a brain knows that POTM is pretty insignificant when it comes to ranking players, but it's the pettiness of using it that shows just how pathetic you are when it comes to defending your boy LeBron.

I'm going to start doing this when I compare Russell and Kareem and use Finals MVPs as one of my categories when I want people to rank Kareem higher.
    Well, skip the POTM and then try "facepalm" the other accomplishments...

POTM is not insignificant, its a hardware/trophy delivered to the MVP of the month by the MVP voters.... it has the MVP criterias and the guy that won the most POTM in a season most often also won the MVP...

Banned

i vote lebron

just to mess with the list

its already f*cked. can we end it already?

Well, skip the POTM and then and try "facepalm" the other accomplishments...

POTM is not insignificant, its a hardware/trophy delivered to the MVP of the month by the MVP voters.... it has the MVP criterias and the guy that won the most POTM in a season most often also won the MVP...
    It is insignificant because the award has only existed since they '79-'80 season and they didn't start awarding it to a player from each conference until '01-'02. You just have it in your mind that it's significant because it's a number you can put on LeBron's resume to make him look better.

Why even use it? Especially when comparing LeBron to Moses Malone (POTM didn't exist first seven years of his career and never played when they gave it to a player from both conferences) or LeBron to West and Oscar (the award never existed during either players career). I mean if you want to make one of those resume comparisons for LeBron, West, and Oscar why don't you just delete the POTM section? Is it that hard to do? Or do you just not want to because you think some people will see that and think "Wow, LeBron has been named POTM 20 times but neither of those other guys ever won the award."
    Last edited by KG215; 08-24-2012 at 01:32 PM.

The triple double averaging Magic Johnson who just came of two championships and 2 FMVPs.... Then the 31-6-5 @ 56% FG Adrian Dantley made it tough to, Larry Bird, Kareem, George Gervin, Bernard King and so on...

Choosing the best player in that season was not as easy choosing the best player this season...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    If you told a version of ISH in 1983 that Magic was better than Moses Malone they probably would have banned you.

Moses won 3 MVPs in 4 or 5 years totally dominated the playoffs/finals in 83 and was probably as respected as anyone in sports. I remember Bird saying the toughest opponent he ever had before Jordan....was Moses.

Moses just got disregarded over time.

And all NBA team numbers between a swingman and center never add up. He has one spot while Lebron has 2. Guys like Kareem would have been all nba first team 17 years in a row with 2 spots. Moses would have had 8 or 9 straight.
    Seriously, this...

Moses was clearly the best in 83. Not even a debate.

I also believe he was considered he best player in the game for a good 3 years stretch.

Saw a basketball once

Well, skip the POTM and then try "facepalm" the other accomplishments...

Did your mother drop you as a baby?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

I can't vote here. I believe Moses or Oscar would probably go next from Top 10 lists from the experts ...and i am too young to have seen them.

I will only be voting for players from circa 1995 and up, and i will only vote for them at spots that make sense for them (I won't be voting for Malone here, even though he's the next on my circa 1995 and up list).

I suggest a lot of you do the same.

You hate that dont you...
    Put your Kobetardism aside for once and respect the game of basketball... Lebron has accomplished more than Moses, West and Oscar...
    What's with all of your stupid made up words? Kobetardism? What the f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck?

Homer? Is that the best you could do with that alt-account? Prove it to me please... a homer is a player fan that will always favor his favorite player over others... biasness so to speak... a homer is not a guy favoring the player that deserves to be favored based ON FACTS...

Good try...
    Dude, you're one of the biggest homers on ISH. No need to deny it. Everyone on here is biased.

Erm, christ this is where it gets tough and I start to be a little more indifferent. I'll vote for West though

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Dude, you're one of the biggest homers on ISH. No need to deny it. Everyone on here is biased.

Wait a minute
    This is ISH
    stop with all that realistic reasonable BS
    You're supposed to either say "HURR Kobe da GOAT LeChoke sucks" or "HURR LeBron da GOAT KoBrick sucks"