Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 09-07-2006, 06:15 PM   #61
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

I just want any hardcore Bryant to answer this simple question:

Let's say it was Dwyane Wade who had that Pistons series, missed the playoffs the following year and then blew a 3-1 lead and shot 3 times in the second half of a Game 7

Are you honestly going to tell me with a straight face, that you wouldn't RIP HIM APART for it? That you wouldn't use it to bash his status as a player over and over and over again?

You know damn well you would.

The fact that Kobe gets a free pass when you KNOW any other player would have been raked over the coals for it is what's so annoying.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:18 PM   #62
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

WOW a light hearted exchange of words between 2 people that actually seem to like each other (Adu and Kobe) is spun into a off topic Kobe bashing party. DAM wasn’t there a sticky for this crap?
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:26 PM   #63
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
I just want any hardcore Bryant to answer this simple question:

Let's say it was Dwyane Wade who had that Pistons series, missed the playoffs the following year and then blew a 3-1 lead and shot 3 times in the second half of a Game 7

Are you honestly going to tell me with a straight face, that you wouldn't RIP HIM APART for it? That you wouldn't use it to bash his status as a player over and over and over again?

You know damn well you would.

The fact that Kobe gets a free pass when you KNOW any other player would have been raked over the coals for it is what's so annoying.

Did your Kobe thread buzz alert go off again? How is Kobe getting a free pass? There's close to 1000 posts dedicated just to him. Not to mention half of the threads turn into a Kobe discussion. Funny how you never bash Wade, Lebron etc...They don't make mistakes? Why don't you bash them for their embarrassing performance in the FIFA tournament? It seems like everyone is getting a "Free Pass" in your book except Bryant, but that's how it is with delusional groupies.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:33 PM   #64
Voratian
Serious playground baller

Voratian has an OK reputation so far

But most fans of a player try to accentuate their positives and downplay their negatives. Even to the point of irrationality. I've done it a few times in real life convo with Tim Duncan, when I was arguing with a heat fan. :P

It's part of fandom!
Voratian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:07 PM   #65
StarJordan
Irrational Jordan superfan

StarJordan is considered somewhat coolStarJordan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I'm sure he said it to someone, sometime. Jordan trash talked all the time. And he didn't win his first ring, till 27. Kobe is 28, with 3 rings. And Mike didn't "win it on his own" either. He has a bad ass team around him. He was the best player, but no one can win anything in Five on Five, on their own. He had a great deal of help from Scottie, Horace, and John Paxon. As well as Phil Jackson's philosophy. Kobe has 3 rings, Nash has none. But you guys aren't getting the point, and are being melodramatic about a friendly joke.

Its not melodrama, it gives away Kobe for the class of athlete he is. He's not in the Tiger Wood/Jordan category. More like Terrel owens type. Like a dumbfuk player who's screaming after a dunk though team is down 20.
StarJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:27 AM   #66
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarJordan
Its not melodrama, it gives away Kobe for the class of athlete he is. He's not in the Tiger Wood/Jordan category. More like Terrel owens type. Like a dumbfuk player who's screaming after a dunk though team is down 20.
When does Kobe do that? How is Kobe being un-classy? It wasn't a shot at Nash. He dunked on him. I'm sure even Nash would admit it was nasty. Nothing wrong with that. Yet, no one was claiming him to be in Woods / Jordan's "class" as a marketed athlete. Looking to take down Bryant whenever you can, much? He is in their class however, in terms of athletic ability and level of skill in their respected sports.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:31 AM   #67
DetroitPistonFan
High school junior varsity star

DetroitPistonFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarJordan
I hate Jordan groupies.
DetroitPistonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: