Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

Default Re: Discuss the Mavericks now that Spurs eliminated them in 2010 first round

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Tulip
    Exactly. All these guys are so much better than Parker, Ginobili, Gasol...
    yes they are that is why Cuban paid and continues to pay for guys like these. Why in the hell are Mav fans saying Nash was not a top player in the league until he went to the Suns? There was a reason the Suns paid the money for him. There was a reason why he "suddenly" became a league MVP. He did not change he just moved into a system that better fit his style of play. Dirk had Steve Nash, MVP level player. That is an absolute fact. Neither player can help that the Mavs style of play did not suit Nash's style of play. Hell I ddon't think it suits Dirk's style of play. Parker and Ginobili will never be league MVP level players. The Mavs had Dirk and Nash at the same time and were not able to put it all together. The Mavs need a coach like Phil Jackson who knows how to design a system that best suits the skill set of the team's best player.

College star

Default Re: Discuss the Mavericks now that Spurs eliminated them in 2010 first round

Quote Originally Posted by Semi
    when does duncan do stuff like that? and he got 4 rings....
    you guys always search for the failure of dirk, obviously its the failure of the mavs organisation. i total see dirk win a ring with a ginobili, parker nucleus, but he's put in a bad position at this point in his career.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PucM5ArF0I

plz never question duncans leadership abilities. I can guarantee u if u replaced dirk with duncan the spurs wudn't win you know why? cuz he anchors there defense and dirk wouldn't be able to do that. It's about time you accept the fact that dirk is only gonna get somewhere if he plays next to a true Number 1 guy like lebron wade or dwight.

Not airballing my layups anymore D3vIrGiNiz3r's Avatar

your an idiot if you think dirk has ever had a teammate even close to gino parker or duncan. he hasnt even played with anyone as good as hill.

dirk has had to play with garbage his whole career but hes so good he makes his teammates actually look better.

Good High School Starter Kingsfans818's Avatar

Default Cuban calling it quit's or rebuilding?

A TNT cameraman took video of Mark Cuban with his head down in the Dallas locker room following their elimination from the 2010 NBA Playoffs, but the owner had a media rep to obtain the tape.

He eventually spoke to members of the media.

"Congratulations to the Spurs. George Hill emerged as the star and really was the difference-maker. They deserve to win. They're a Texas team, so I guess I'll be rooting for them the rest of the way. I'm proud of our guys and the way they kept on fighting back," Cuban said. "I'm not so proud of the NBA.

"I'm not proud of my inability over the last 10 years to have an impact like I want to have, so I kind of feel like I owe fans an apology, but that's just the way this business goes, but congratulations to the Spurs."

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...#ixzz0mcLMqA1C
    Not typical of Mark Cuban to say the least...

He didn't even react like this when they got eliminated by the GSW or lost in the finals to the Heat...

Seems totally down and as if there isn't going to be an 11th year(at least w/ this core)

Default Re: Cuban calling it quit's or rebuilding?

"Congratulations to the Spurs. George Hill emerged as the star and really was the difference-maker. They deserve to win. They're a Texas team, so I guess I'll be rooting for them the rest of the way. I'm proud of our guys and the way they kept on fighting back," Cuban said. "I'm not so proud of the NBA.
    What does that mean?

Decent playground baller

Mark Cuban is the reason Dallas hasn't at least one championship by now. Any other owner would have sucked for a year or two, drafted high and gotten Dirk a legit all star to play with by now, plus some stability at head coach.

Good High School Starter Kingsfans818's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    What does that mean?
    hard to know exacting, but knowing Cuban, I would understand it as:

indirect way of criticizing the refs, bureaucracy, and even implying at it being partially fixed

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyCorpse
    Mark Cuban is the reason Dallas hasn't at least one championship by now. Any other owner would have sucked for a year or two, drafted high and gotten Dirk a legit all star to play with by now, plus some stability at head coach.
    Completely disagree. before Cuban became their owner they were completely irrelevant. He's made them a perennial contender and made them a sellout every night at home.

Cuban is a great owner, I am very thankful we have had Jerry Buss who I consider the greatest owner in pro sports, but if I had to choose anyone else in the league to run the Lakers franchise, it would be Cuban. He cares about winning and is passionate about his team and the game of basketball.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    What does that mean?

he is one of those homers that always blames ref calls. i bet he means that.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by D3vIrGiNiz3r
    your an idiot if you think dirk has ever had a teammate even close to gino parker or duncan. he hasnt even played with anyone as good as hill.

dirk has had to play with garbage his whole career but hes so good he makes his teammates actually look better.
    Hill wouldn't even be a starter on this Dallas team. Dirk can't carry a team, he is just a jumpshooting PF. He is no as good of a passer as Gasol and not as good of a scorer as Bosh. He is not going anywhere as a first option.

Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I think Cuban was irritated with the refereeing last game (didn't watch any of the other games for that series so I can't comment), but he did not look happy on the sidelines throughout the game with a lot of the calls, and to be honest I agreed with him on many of the calls and I could care less about either of those teams.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I'd be down too if I spent that much money to lose in the first round. He'd be better off blowing it up, trading everyone (including Dirk) a la Seattle and trying to get back into contender status within three or four years unless he can pull something off to get Chris Paul, Carmelo, or someone like that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyCorpse

cuban is one of the best things to ever happen to the mav's.

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    I'd be down too if I spent that much money to lose in the first round. He'd be better off blowing it up, trading everyone (including Dirk) a la Seattle and trying to get back into contender status within three or four years unless he can pull something off to get Chris Paul, Carmelo, or someone like that.
    This is beyond ridiculous. His team was the 2nd seed in the West. He has very good players on the roster. It just didn't happen this year.

Do you know how difficult it is to rebuild? Takes lots of time and patience and luck.

Look at the Knicks. They've been down for 10 years. The Bulls have never even been close since "rebuilding" when Jordan left. Rebuilding is for teams that simply average and below average with no hope. So you sell off your best pieces and start over. Does that sound like the Mavericks to you?

Banned

I was rooting for the Spurs in this series, but I have to say I was surprised by how DECIDEDLY one-sided the officiating was. I'm not saying it was intentional or agenda-driven, just incompetent. Were the Spurs the better team? Yeah, most likely. But the officiating definitely helped their cause in this series.