Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Lakers better off without Kobe

he's hurting the team this season .. i think he should take a break

too many shots .. team chemistry issue

watch the Lakers go 10/0 without him

Serious playground baller

Default Re: Lakers better off without Kobe

honestly he's good to have on the team but just not as impactful as someone like lebron.

lakers would still be a great team with bynum and gasol being 1st and 2nd option.

Magic Johnson

I jokingly said in another thread that Buss will waive Kobe before his contract is up, and if he continues to chuck shots up and play like a poor man's Allen Iverson than I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually happened. I'm just surprised he's not being called out by the media. They don't exactly like the guy, and they have every tool in their disposal to rip his games to shreds.

Nah, he's still one of the best in the NBA, you just have to put up with his hogging at times.

NBA rookie of the year

Agreed. Big Bynum and Gasol would average 20/10 a piece without Kobrick shot jacking..

Lakers should consider the amnesty on Kobrick this summer.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Nah, he's still one of the best in the NBA, you just have to put up with his hogging at times.
    And by "at times" you mean "all times."

Hater!

nah.. like i said on the other thread, Kobe just needs to rewrite his shots / shot selection, be just a tad bit more unselfish and try to get his shots within the flow of the offense (instead of forcing them like a maniac)... that might increase his efficiency and hence Lakers success
    Last edited by pauk; 03-20-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Banned

If Kobe couldn't accept that Shaq was better than him, what makes you think he is going to accept the fact that Bynum and Gasol are better?

I just don't understand what he's doing right now. Earlier on in the season, I could understand because the Lakers didn't look like they had a shot in hell at contending.

But now, Bynum is playing like a God. Gasol will be more focused now that the trade deadline has passed. We filled a major hole in our roster by picking up Sessions. There's no reason to believe that this Laker team isn't good enough to come out of the West.

That being said, why isn't Kobe playing into the team concept now with a contending team? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I jokingly said in another thread that Buss will waive Kobe before his contract is up, and if he continues to chuck shots up and play like a poor man's Allen Iverson than I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually happened. I'm just surprised he's not being called out by the media. They don't exactly like the guy, and they have every tool in their disposal to rip his games to shreds.
    kobe joins the Cavs and the make the playoffs and take care of Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    If Kobe couldn't accept that Shaq was better than him, what makes you think he is going to accept the fact that Bynum and Gasol are better?
    But Bynum and Gasol aren't better than Kobe...

Serious playground baller

i mean he's still a great player, maybe if he was more efficient, had the mindset of a stat padder and stopped taking horrible shots

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    And by "at times" you mean "all times."
    Well I suppose, but over the years I've noticed Kobe only truly hogs the way some people accuse him of is when the game is close in the 4th quarter (then he literally does never pass, with occasional exceptions). Part of it may be that he's not as good as he once was, but he's refusing to accept it.

Local High School Star

lol.. theyre not better without kobe, its just with lack of talent outside of gasol and bynum, the lakers will struggle if hes not shooting it well.

he started the season out on fire, now his shooting % is steadily declining.

oh well, fukk the lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    I just don't understand what he's doing right now. Earlier on in the season, I could understand because the Lakers didn't look like they had a shot in hell at contending.

But now, Bynum is playing like a God. Gasol will be more focused now that the trade deadline has passed. We filled a major hole in our roster by picking up Sessions. There's no reason to believe that this Laker team isn't good enough to come out of the West.

That being said, why isn't Kobe playing into the team concept now with a contending team? I don't get it.
    He's protesting Mike Brown's insistence on starting Steve Blake